Babies

When was the last time you held one?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

New Years Eve I held a 1 year old baby! She was so cute! \:D/
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I'm actually really nervous about holding babies. I love kids, and I love to play with toddlers on up, but babies are so little they freak me out...especially since I am a huge clutz and I am afraid I'll drop it. So anyways--it's been awhile. If someone offers for me to hold their baby, I'll usually just coo at it while it is in someone else's arms. I have no idea what I'm going to do when Azure comes.... :-#
Sarah202
Gold Member

Post by Sarah202 »

Well, I've got 6 sibs, 4 are under the age of 5.

5, 3, 1, 6 months. So i last held one. 1 minute ago.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

It's been a few years, but soon I shall have two nieces.. or two nephews.. or a niece and a nephew. :D
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Cool! Twins are going to be a handful, I'm sure, but as the uncle, you will babysit all the time, right? ;) Is your sister/sister-in-law almost due, or do you still have a while to wait?
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

My mom's friend had a baby boy on Nov 17th, and she and my mom are really good friends, so naturally I get to take care of the baby a lot. :) Its fun, I like babies.

-Abigail
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Jessicado wrote:I'm actually really nervous about holding babies. I love kids, and I love to play with toddlers on up, but babies are so little they freak me out...especially since I am a huge clutz and I am afraid I'll drop it. So anyways--it's been awhile. If someone offers for me to hold their baby, I'll usually just coo at it while it is in someone else's arms. I have no idea what I'm going to do when Azure comes.... :-#
Aw! Don't worry about it! You'll do fine! :D

The last time I held a baby was 2 days ago. I miss that little guy. :(
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Catspaw wrote:Cool! Twins are going to be a handful, I'm sure, but as the uncle, you will babysit all the time, right? ;) Is your sister/sister-in-law almost due, or do you still have a while to wait?
Not twins, two different families. :D
My eldest sister is due in August, and my eldest brother's wife is due in the end of May. :D (I probably won't ever baby-sit them, my Sister will take care of that, and my other sisters would be her first call for a baby sitting job, and my brother and sister-in-law live in another state.)
Thanks for asking. :D I'm really excited.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lord_Kappa wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Cool! Twins are going to be a handful, I'm sure, but as the uncle, you will babysit all the time, right? ;) Is your sister/sister-in-law almost due, or do you still have a while to wait?
Not twins, two different families. :D
My eldest sister is due in August, and my eldest brother's wife is due in the end of May. :D (I probably won't ever baby-sit them, my Sister will take care of that, and my other sisters would be her first call for a baby sitting job, and my brother and sister-in-law live in another state.)
Thanks for asking. :D I'm really excited.
Oh, I see - sorry! When you said two, I assumed twins - bad Catspaw! :twat: I'm sure it will be cool for them to be so close in age to each other! \:D/
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Jessicado wrote:I'm actually really nervous about holding babies. I love kids, and I love to play with toddlers on up, but babies are so little they freak me out...especially since I am a huge clutz and I am afraid I'll drop it. So anyways--it's been awhile. If someone offers for me to hold their baby, I'll usually just coo at it while it is in someone else's arms. I have no idea what I'm going to do when Azure comes.... :-#
You will get over that pretty quick. :D

It's been a week since I held my friend's baby. She was all sweet and squishy and baby smelling... Sorry, I'm just a huge baby freak!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I just held a baby tonight! :D She was so sweet and tiny, that I felt scared to hold her! She's a preemie baby, and I've never held any that tiny!
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

I don't like babies. \:D/

Just kidding.. sorta.. ;)

One of my cousins just had a baby. \:D/
~S~
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I held an adorable semi-newborn on Sunday! She is so precious! Love babies!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

The last time I held a baby was in July, when I went to visit my relatives. My then six-month-old cousin, Jacob is so cute! :D
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

10 years ago when I held my brother the day he was born.......I don't think 3 or 4 year olds count as babies...... so I don't count them
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I have a little baby sister so I hold a baby almost every day.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Day before yesterday. :) There's a general level of nervousness in holding a baby but the one that worried me the most was babysitting a little girl with a condition (don't know what). She wore a helmet and I had to be really careful that she didn't fall or bump herself when sitting up on the floor. :anxious:

A few months ago, a relative visited with their baby which I had the opportunity to hold for a bit. Afterward...
Another relative that sees me regularly: After holding that baby, do you want to have a baby now?
Me: No, I'd like to get married first. :roll:
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Birdie wrote:I have a little baby sister so I hold a baby almost every day.
Oh, your lucky, I wish I had a baby sister. All I have is 2 big brothers (29 and 32) and a pesky (sometimes) little brother.

-Abigail
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Chandler wrote:A few months ago, a relative visited with their baby which I had the opportunity to hold for a bit. Afterward...
Another relative that sees me regularly: After holding that baby, do you want to have a baby now?
Me: No, I'd like to get married first. :roll:
Smart answer, Chandler. ;)

Gosh, it has been a long time since I've held a baby. Like Jessicado, they make me nervous. Hehe, I don't do those things very often. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I held a baby on Sunday. *grin* I think she was a bit sleepy. So I got to cuddle her. 8another foolish grin* I love babies.