(for girls.....) do you have a boyfriend?

I DO!!!!! WOOO HOO!!!!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I'll say it's a good thing the whole world didn't get converted and start interpreting that verse the way you guys seem to be taking it, because otherwise we wouldn't be here. :shame:

I think some people take it too literally. There is nothing more fulfilling or rewarding then a successful life-long marriage.
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Those verses were written right before the great persecution of the Jews started, Paul was just saying that it would be better if you did not marry at this time since you would not want to have your family and children go through what was about to happen. I really do not think we should take that verse to apply to our present time any more than, say, Deuteronomy 20:17.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Thanks Skid, I thought it was something like that. :)
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Sugar Plum Fairy wrote:
Bumble wrote:
Sugar Plum Fairy wrote:As most of you probably already know, I do not have a boyfriend. ;) Never have, never will. :)
I find that hard to believe ;). When you do get married, you'll have to call the boy something before hand ;). Boyfriend usually works well in that situation.

I can't tell you how many times someone in my church in the middle of a courtship starts to refer to the other and says, "my courter, courting person, oh.. my girlfried. Boy that's weird."

It's a lot easier to use those terms anyway ;)
I can't stand the term boyfriend though. ;) I'd much rather use suitor or something like that. :) Really, hopefully when someone is interested in me, and there are talks going on with my parents, etc. I still won't really be "involved" with him, if you know what I mean. Like, he's someone who's interested in me at the moment, but not really my "boyfriend." If all parties agree that we should move forward, then he would be "my betrothed," or something of that nature.

Anything to stay away from "boyfriend/girlfriend." ;)

[size=0]Yes, I know...all you people probably think I'm really weird...[/size]

I dont really like the term boyfriend either it just sounds weird, and I especially hate whne people tlk about their "guy friends" I know that there's prolly no other way to talk about a friend who's a guy but it still bothere me.
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

NO. But i have this humongous crush on an out of reach guy at my school!!!!!!!!!!!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Jason left home for the holidays :( :( now I'm lonely....*sighs* well he is only gonna be gone a week. I got pics of us but I have to wait for him to come home to see if I can post a pic of him on here............he kinda looks like Top a little bit. KEY WORD: KINDA.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

This is to whoever referenced I Corinthians 7:9 . . .

That message was meant for the CORINTHIANS. It was because, during that time, there was a lot of premarital sex going around. You can't just apply something in the Bible that was meant for someone else to your life.

When God told Abraham to "get up from his country and move to a place [God] would designate to him", that does not mean whoever reads the Bible should move.

I remember that skit about Percival in "I Want My B-TV!", when he read the verse, "Jesus said, 'May no one eat fruit from you again'". Thusly, he closed the Percival's Produce fruit stand.

When Paul wrote to Timothy, saying, "Bring [me] the books; especially the scrolls", that does not mean you should get up, find the original copies of the scrolls Paul wrote, and bring them to his bones.

You have to understand the culture when you study the Bible.

Anyway . . .

My opinion is that you shouldn't rush into a relationship unless you think that person is right for you. You're dealing with someone's emotions when you date, so it's not something to take lightly. You shouldn't date if you know you're going to break up with someone in a few days.
Everything written in this post is false.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:This is to whoever referenced I Corinthians 7:9 . . .

That message was meant for the CORINTHIANS. It was because, during that time, there was a lot of premarital sex going around. You can't just apply something in the Bible that was meant for someone else to your life.

When God told Abraham to "get up from his country and move to a place [God] would designate to him", that does not mean whoever reads the Bible should move.

I remember that skit about Percival in "I Want My B-TV!", when he read the verse, "Jesus said, 'May no one eat fruit from you again'". Thusly, he closed the Percival's Produce fruit stand.

When Paul wrote to Timothy, saying, "Bring [me] the books; especially the scrolls", that does not mean you should get up, find the original copies of the scrolls Paul wrote, and bring them to his bones.

You have to understand the culture when you study the Bible.
Good advice! This is why it makes me giggle when people quote week after week the so-called "Lords Prayer", when people get baptised, or observe the law.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Continental Admiral wrote:I really dislike the terms "boyfriend" and "girlfriend." They just sound weird. :noway:
And Significant Other dosen't?
Sarah202
Gold Member

Post by Sarah202 »

Well... Sota...Kinda...maybe.... He is a penguin! :anxious: Don't ask.. Its an online game, it has people from all around the world.. Yea, he's nice.. He is 13.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Sarah202 wrote:Well... Sota...Kinda...maybe.... He is a penguin! :anxious: Don't ask.. Its an online game, it has people from all around the world.. Yea, he's nice.. He is 13.
Club Penguin? :-s
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

That sounds right. I've played Club Penguin before. :anxious:
Sarah202
Gold Member

Post by Sarah202 »

WINDSHEAR wrote:That sounds right. I've played Club Penguin before. :anxious:
Ya, i play it too. :anxious: