Movies you Refuse to see

It's PRINCIPLE!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I refuse to allow myself the horror of watching Chronicles of Narnia - LWW. :noway: It's evil and of the devil the way Lewis protrayed the white Wtich as... a WITCH! Sorcery. O_O
[size=0]Never going to see American Pie 1 or 2, not Brokeback Mountain, or anything slightly stupid like that.[/size]
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Thursday Next wrote:Horror movies, movies that are really heavy on the lanugage(ex. Good Will Hunting), and movies that are bad adaptations of books.
How do you know it's a bad adaptation if you haven't seen it?

Horror movies and R-rated comedies are on my NO list, as is Brokeback Mountain. I haven't seen The Passion yet, but I intend to, someday...
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

The Passion of Christ and the Harry Potter movies... There heaps more, but those are the only ones I can really think of at the moment. :-)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I refuse to spend money on or watch anything that would support a genra of film that is corrupt. That means I watch very little.
I refuse to watch the new James Bond.
I refuse to watch Brokeback Mountain.
And despite myself, I refuse to watch Eragon.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I've seen bits of horror movies before. They're just stupid! I don't get why people like them. I've also seen a National Lampoon movie once without knowing what it was. I'm never doing that again, either! As others mentioned, American Pie is out, too. And Brokeback Mountain. And the 40-Year-Old Virgin. And I generally don't like "new" comedies. If they're G or PG, they're usually pretty lame, and if they're higher than PG, they're really crude and inappropriate.

Oh, yeah. And I can't stand Spongebob, either. :p
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
jim
Processing

Post by jim »

I'll refuse to watch most anything made by the newer SNL alumni, especially Sandler.

Any documentary with Al Gore in it.

Any cartoon with a large green monster.

Most comedies as they are simply not funny.

Any theatrical cartoon that has a "message" or dancing penguins.
Free Comic emailed weekly!
http://www.gumballgang.com
Live DrawingCam! http://www.kidstimestudio.com/drawingcam
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

^Good post. :D
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I won't watch... *deep breath*

-The American Pie Movies

-Any MOVIE movie (like Scary Movie, Date Movie, etc)

-BrokeBack Mountian

-R-rated Comedies

-Harry Potter Movies

-Most R-rated Action Movies

-Any sort of Teletubbies, Wiggles, barbie, or barney type movies

-Any movies that take evolution or make fun of homeschoolers/Christians way too far

-And most teen movies... (but My favorite one is Cinderella Story)

Most anything else I'll watch!

-Robo

(I love Spongebob!!!!!!)
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

AAAHHH wrote:
(I love Spongebob!!!!!!)

ditto
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:I refuse to allow myself the horror of watching Chronicles of Narnia - LWW. :noway: It's evil and of the devil the way Lewis protrayed the white Wtich as... a WITCH! Sorcery. O_O
Never going to see American Pie 1 or 2, not Brokeback Mountain, or anything slightly stupid like that.
You think it's evil to portray witches as evil? That's the huge difference between HP and LOTR and CON. In HP, sorcery is good and bad. In CON, it's BAD. In LOTR, Gandalf is a "wizard" who uses his "powers" very sparingly AND whose powers were given to him by the God Figure in the series. [That's in the appendixes.]
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

Raskolnikov wrote:
Pc Pro wrote:the Passion of Christ since he never rise after he dies.
Actually, there is a brief shot of Christ rising at the very end right before the credits. :-k
its not what the movie its based on, its based on his death and in people mid his stays dead.
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Pc Pro wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:
Actually, there is a brief shot of Christ rising at the very end right before the credits. :-k
its not what the movie its based on, its based on his death and in people mid his stays dead.
The movie is about his death (Hence the name) but it does show him rising at the end.

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Pc Pro wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:
The movie is about his death (Hence the name) but it does show him rising at the end.
Ya. And him "staying dead" wasn't in my mind at the end. I loved that really brief "happy ending" because it showed that it wasn't over there.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Pc Pro wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:
why spend so much time looking at the suffering of Christ in the flesh, it was the weight of sin that broke his heart.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Thursday Next wrote:Horror movies, movies that are really heavy on the lanugage(ex. Good Will Hunting), and movies that are bad adaptations of books.
Yeah, I don't understand why they have to have so much language in some of them.. :sick:
...I hate marquees.
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Pc Pro wrote: why spend so much time looking at the suffering of Christ in the flesh, it was the weight of sin that broke his heart.
Because it might make some people, who otherwise wouldn't, notice what Christ went through for them. :D
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

AAAHHH wrote:I won't watch... *deep breath*

-The American Pie Movies

-Any MOVIE movie (like Scary Movie, Date Movie, etc)

-BrokeBack Mountian

-R-rated Comedies

-Harry Potter Movies

-Most R-rated Action Movies

-Any sort of Teletubbies, Wiggles, barbie, or barney type movies

-Any movies that take evolution or make fun of homeschoolers/Christians way too far

-And most teen movies... (but My favorite one is Cinderella Story)

Most anything else I'll watch!

-Robo

(I love Spongebob!!!!!!)
What a great list--I might seriously reference it in the future! =D>

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Pc Pro wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Pc Pro wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:
why spend so much time looking at the suffering of Christ in the flesh, it was the weight of sin that broke his heart.
...and he did that for you!!

The resurrection of Christ (while very important) was not what saved us and is not the most important part of his life. The single most important act Christ did as a man was to die for our sins and receive the wrath of God. The Passion shows much of that. It focus's a bit too much on the physical aspect rather than the spiritual aspect of his death but other than that... there is no reason why you shouldn't see the Passion.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Bumble wrote: there is no reason why you shouldn't see the Passion.
Except for the fact that it is an hour and a half (or more) of almost non-stop violence and turture.
I am glad that I did see it though. I just don't really want to see it again.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Ferder wrote:
Bumble wrote: there is no reason why you shouldn't see the Passion.
Except for the fact that it is an hour and a half (or more) of almost non-stop violence and turture.
I am glad that I did see it though. I just don't really want to see it again.
As is Saving Private Ryan, but we should watch that anyway. ;)