halloween do you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you go trickortreeting for halloween?

Yes, i go trickortreeting
15%
No, my family dose it as harvest
6%
No, we don't do anything
79%
No, but i wish i did
No votes

Total votes: 34

WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Thanks for posting that, Jonathan, seeing as I don't have many online sources for that, I have videos and paper stuff about that. One video in particular by a Satanist who was converted talking about how each and every holiday has a occult connection, and in some cases it was extremely gross. Halloween is a special time when the demons come down and the witches can make better connection with them. He talked about the origin of the word Halloween, and what it came from. Certainly far from hallowed.

I find Mayday is extremely revolting... having the kids take these ribbons and run circles around this pole, has occult significance, with the circle standing for something, and the pole standing for something. I can't say it here as it would probably gross out most of the audience, and get me banned or something. :anxious:

The contest where you put your head in a tub of water to try and catch an apple originated from the Druids in Ireland (I'm not sure where, but I know it's the Druids). The Druids were a pagan priesthood. And every year, at a certain time (I forget which of the pagan holidays this was), they'd select 7 girls, and 7 boys, teenagers, and have them each try and pass this test. In this test, it was a tub of boiling oil, and you had to catch the stone with your teeth. And the only way you could do that was by sinking your whole head in to the bottom. (anybody who knows anything about how bad oil burns, should by this time have realized just how deadly and painful that is). Only one person was heard to have lived through that. The other option was to get burned alive. If the parents of the children did not want to cooperate, they were burned.

It's extremely sickening...
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

you know what i think!!!! i think its what you do with it not what ether people think it is. like i don't do it to worship satan i do it bc i get to dress up and walk around with my frends and get candy fron strangers.
And that the end of my speach
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When I was younger (and before I moved to an area that frowns upon Halloween in general) I used to have a lot of fun on Halloween. It was a small town, and my dad would always go with us, and he would drive us across town to see a few older people who would be disappointed if we didn't come to see them. I think that it's nice when alternative events are planned, but based on my small slice of Halloweed experience, it was never evil or terrible, no matter what the roots of the original holiday may be. :) I hope you have fun next week, fatlooy!
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I stay home on Halloween and give out AIO CDs and candy to the trick-or-treaters \:D/. I used to go trick-or-treating, but I've rather outgrown that now ;). My church really doesn't have a problem with Halloween, especially considering that at the service yesterday they were advertising a big "Halloween Party" that they're doing tomorrow.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

*shudder* I hate Halloween with a passion. So many people are completely ignorant of all the Satanic practices that go on turning Halloween, and if they knew just a few of thigns that go on, I'm certain they would want nothing mroe to do with it. Just today in Bible class we were watching a video about it, and it had an interview with a former Satanist, and his stories about the rituals performed on Halloween were just sickening. Animal and human (including tiny babies) sarcifices, summoning evil spirits to come possess people, and even worse things are all normal Halloween festivities for these people. I never do anything for Halloween, except pray. I think it's so incredibly sad that so many Christians are unaware of just how evil this 'holiday' is.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Barely Is wrote:*shudder* I hate Halloween with a passion. So many people are completely ignorant of all the Satanic practices that go on turning Halloween, and if they knew just a few of thigns that go on, I'm certain they would want nothing mroe to do with it. Just today in Bible class we were watching a video about it, and it had an interview with a former Satanist, and his stories about the rituals performed on Halloween were just sickening. Animal and human (including tiny babies) sarcifices, summoning evil spirits to come possess people, and even worse things are all normal Halloween festivities for these people. I never do anything for Halloween, except pray. I think it's so incredibly sad that so many Christians are unaware of just how evil this 'holiday' is.
amen =D>
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Aelwyn wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:I don't observe it because it's an occult high day, which honors Satan. I don't even do good stuff in honor of it, because that's exactly what I don't want to do, honor it. :-k
This is exactly why my family has never gone trick-or-treating. *shudders*
But it is a great witnessing opportunity.
I have w\anted to do that but I never got the chance
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

My church back home has a harvest party, and I think David and I and Kim might go over to the mall to get candy there. \:D/

David's dressing up as a pirate, and I as a little Scottish girl with my kilt from Scotland WHEE!! and I don't know what Kim is doing. :-k
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

People think it's weird when a 6 foot 15 year old all dressed up in a costume knocks on their door and says: "Trick or treat?!?!" :(
~S~
sniper
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by sniper »

someone always has to remind me that Halloween exists, I always manage to forget.

Its sad to see that many people that call themselves Christians should get themselves involved in Halloween, they need to research the pagan origins of Halloween, If they did so many would not be so willing to get involved.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

HAlloween is unknown off and uncelebrated inMalaysia
sniper
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by sniper »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:HAlloween is unknown off and uncelebrated inMalaysia
you are so lucky, I wish It was unknown here. ;(
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I wish too
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

macnut24 wrote:When I was little we just turned out the lights and watched movies all night.
That's what we did too, until my church started having harvest parties. There were also a couple years where we would hand out candy and tracks to trick-or-treaters. I've never been one myself, though...

As for the on-going debate about Halloween...well, I totally agree that the pagan practices are terrible, but to be honest I haven't given it much thought. Halloween was never a big deal in my family, especially the last few years, but reading through this thread, I plan to do some research into it.
Macnut
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Mallow wrote:
macnut24 wrote:When I was little we just turned out the lights and watched movies all night.
That's what we did too, until my church started having harvest parties. There were also a couple years where we would hand out candy and tracks to trick-or-treaters. I've never been one myself, though...
Yeah, my church did a fall festival over the weekend. And last year my sunday school class went "Caroling" for halloween. It was so much fun...
:D

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Mobius 1 wrote:People think it's weird when a 6 foot 15 year old all dressed up in a costume knocks on their door and says: "Trick or treat?!?!" :(
Here's the secret if you have a litte brother or sister take them with as if you were babysitting them. My mom did that when she was a kid and got a whole more candy than her other sister who didn't take her little brother out. If you don't have a little sibling then find a another little kid and offer to take him out. :D That's what I'm doing. Because little kids are so cute! \:D/
Macnut
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Zelda Jacobs wrote:
Mobius 1 wrote:People think it's weird when a 6 foot 15 year old all dressed up in a costume knocks on their door and says: "Trick or treat?!?!" :(
Here's the secret if you have a litte brother or sister take them with as if you were babysitting them. My mom did that when she was a kid and got a whole more candy than her other sister who didn't take her little brother out. If you don't have a little sibling then find a another little kid and offer to take him out. :D That's what I'm doing. Because little kids are so cute! \:D/
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: That is so awesome! If I went trick or treating I'd do it.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

My mom grew up in a little hick town, so on Halloween her dad used to take her and her brother and sisters out to steal outhouses! \:D/

:anxious:

But as for me, I've never done anything for Halloween (except for church harvest parties).
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Barely Is wrote:*shudder* I hate Halloween with a passion. So many people are completely ignorant of all the Satanic practices that go on turning Halloween, and if they knew just a few of thigns that go on, I'm certain they would want nothing mroe to do with it. Just today in Bible class we were watching a video about it, and it had an interview with a former Satanist, and his stories about the rituals performed on Halloween were just sickening. Animal and human (including tiny babies) sarcifices, summoning evil spirits to come possess people, and even worse things are all normal Halloween festivities for these people. I never do anything for Halloween, except pray. I think it's so incredibly sad that so many Christians are unaware of just how evil this 'holiday' is.
ditto =D> =D>
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

If you read the first page of this thread you can see several extensive posts by me to that effect that Barely Is just posted. :-
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener: