Witnessing stories

Share yours

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

If you want to go out witnessing like Ray Comfort, I think the mall is the best place to do it if you're going with a group.

Otherwise, the best witness you can be is to people whom God places in your path.
I think God must want me to be a witness to unsaved Catholics. Over the past 4 years, all the people who I've witnessed to and then become freinds with have been Catholic.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've never been to the mall before, but my brother and some of my cusins have.
The biggest group I've ever went to to hand out tracts was the River Festival. That was really cool! :D There was 2 days (?) that we did it.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Pepper Doyle wrote:Well, I do my best to develop relationships with people. I don't really like the tract idea. A) It's litter and B) I don't think it's that effective.

That's just my experience. I've picked up some tracts that were turning to mush on the sidewalk because of the rain.
In answer to "A) It's litter"-
In public places it is not considered litter. Only in private places which require membership is it considered litter.
In answer to "B) I don't think it's that effective"
It is. The Way of the Master guys can tell you that it works great.
The important thing to remember to do is to get good tracts. Great ones can be found at www.livingwaters.com .
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I agree with Eugene about the Living Waters tracts. They are great! I especially like the ticket ones. They're called 'Ticket to Heaven'. Those are my favorite ones to hand out.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

Like others were saying, Way of the Master has some good techniques for witnessing that really work. They use the Ten Commandments to help others see their need for a Savior. Check out: http://www.wayofthemaster.com/
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I absolutely love the way of the master and their techniques. I think it's an awesome way to minister!
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith