Bring in New Characters??

What about Jack's family??

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Bring in New Characters??

Post by LiviNoel »

So, we know that Jack has a family and grand kids. They could be quite a few different ages. It would be a neat way to stay connected to older Odyssey characters while bringing fresh new faces--eh, or voices.

Do we have any clues as to Jack's kids or grand kids?

I'd really love to hear episodes that delved more into Jack's background.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Yeah, that'd be super cool. \:D/

I vote "yes" for bringing Jack's kids and grandkids into the picture. :thewave:

I've always wondered were they are...

~ Mac
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

macnut24 wrote:Yeah, that'd be super cool. \:D/

I vote "yes" for bringing Jack's kids and grandkids into the picture. :thewave:

I've always wondered were they are...

~ Mac
Same here. I always wanted to hear more about them.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I think that would be a good idea and when I first read this conversation it reminded me of "A Member of the Family" Part 1 & 2. When Whittaker has his grandson Monty come to visit and Monty is a bad kid and then Whittaker changes him. Do you think they should do something like that with Jack and his grandsons/daughters?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

We don't want it to sound like a recycled storyline. :-k
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

We don't want it to sound like a recycled storyline.

I agree that we wouldn't want a recycled story, but I think y'all are thinking along a good track too. I think there's a fresh new angle in taking up Jack's side of the family. His kids could be grown up with a variety of different personalities, professions--they could be a new "Barclay" type family for Odyssey even. That'd be pretty cool.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I really, really want to hear the story of how Jack and Emily got married. She seemed really interesting in The Triangle.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I agree - that would be really interesting! \:D/ We're definitely missing a lot of pieces between "A Question About Tasha" and "The Triangle." More Whit and Jenny stories would be good, and that could bring in Jack and Emily stuff too.
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Catspaw wrote:I agree - that would be really interesting! \:D/ We're definitely missing a lot of pieces between "A Question About Tasha" and "The Triangle." More Whit and Jenny stories would be good, and that could bring in Jack and Emily stuff too.
I think that would be really cool. Whit and Jenny/Jack and Emily stories would be really fun. I'd really like to hear more about Jack's family.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I'd rather just have more of Jack period. It seems like we see so little of him anymore :(
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

STRYPER wrote:I'd rather just have more of Jack period. It seems like we see so little of him anymore :(
Yes, it does seem like Jack is in less and less episodes. I want more of jack too. But I'd also like to meet him family. \:D/
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

It would be soo cool to have Jacks fam. come on the show! Another person they should have is Tom's sister!
Lea
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

STRYPER wrote:I'd rather just have more of Jack period. It seems like we see so little of him anymore :(
I agree.
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Yeah, I think they should bring Jack's family into the picture. Maybe Joann's too. [Does she have grand kids?]
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I always got the impression that Joanne had never been married before...I think that "The Pact" makes this clear, though I haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm not sure how explicit it is. However, I highly doubt that Joanne was married before and has kids/grandkids. :)
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

macnut24 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I agree - that would be really interesting! \:D/ We're definitely missing a lot of pieces between "A Question About Tasha" and "The Triangle." More Whit and Jenny stories would be good, and that could bring in Jack and Emily stuff too.
I think that would be really cool. Whit and Jenny/Jack and Emily stories would be really fun. I'd really like to hear more about Jack's family.
I agree with both of you! :thewave:
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I believe Joanne devoted most of her life to missions work, so her marriage to Jack is her first one.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I, too, think it would be muy interestante to find out more about Jack's family. It's a pity we haven't heard like, anything about them before. It seems we should be clued in now that we've known Jack for such a long time.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

It was definitely be neat to have episodes with Jack's kids and grandkids. Or also have episodes with Jack and Emily, like others have said. It would give us more background on Jack's life.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Yeah, i'd really like to hear more about Emily. She was cool in The Triangle, that's actually one of my favorite eps.
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3