Episode Descriptions

Around the Block + A Time for Action 1&2

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Broadcast
Not as new

Episode Descriptions

Post by Broadcast »

"Around the Block"
Writing a book isn't as easy as Connie thought, and so Eugene gives her tips on how to overcome writer's block, resulting in some hilarious and unproductive results.

"A Time for Action Part 1&2"
New twists emerge in Eugene's search for his father. Though he never doubts that prayer matters, he remains determined to act on any lead. A forgotten relative, a spy agency in chicago and a tragic accident are all part of the deepening plot.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Cool! Thanks, Broadcast! I hope that the error on "hilarious" was yours and not FOTF's. ;)

It sounds like Jason could maybe be in "A Time For Action." :-k Of course, that could just be wishful thinking. ;) I'm sure that the upcoming episodes will be well worth listening to, no matter what! :D
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

YAY!!! Dr. Blackgaard's coming back!!! I knew 'Leonard Meltsner' was just one of his many pseudonyms. Of course, this means he also has a son who's older than me.... *flashes back to The Silver Lynx*

I do hope he's not the one who has a tragic accident. :-(
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Rachael wrote:YAY!!! Dr. Blackgaard's coming back!!! I knew 'Leonard Meltsner' was just one of his many pseudonyms. Of course, this means he also has a son who's older than me.... *flashes back to The Silver Lynx*

I do hope he's not the one who has a tragic accident. :-(
Interesting theory, Rachael, but I would tend to doubt it, since Regis looks nothing like Eugene. Well, we shall see what we shall see (or more likely, we shall hear what we shall hear). :-
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

Kris Doyle wrote:Interesting theory, Rachael, but I would tend to doubt it, since Regis looks nothing like Eugene. Well, we shall see what we shall see (or more likely, we shall hear what we shall hear). :-
Seeing as how it's a radio show and not a TV show, it would be quite difficult to say for certain exactly how closely Regis resembles Eugene. Certain things like build, facial structure, etc. are all common indicators of relatives that would never have been mentioned via the radio... So I guess we'll just see.
What I want to know is WHEN THE HECK IS THE EPISODE WITH MANDY!!!
[sigh] I guess I'll have to wait and see...
- Sean
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

AIOaddict1988 wrote: What I want to know is WHEN THE HECK IS THE EPISODE WITH MANDY!!!
[sigh] I guess I'll have to wait and see...
Chill...an ep with stuff about Mandy's situation airs tomorrow. O:)
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

"A Time for Action Part 1&2"
New twists emerge in Eugene's search for his father. Though he never doubts that prayer matters, he remains determined to act on any lead. A forgotten relative, a spy agency in chicago and a tragic accident are all part of the deepening plot.
Wow! That sounds awesome! I can't wait! :D
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

YAY! FINALLY SOME ABOUT EUGENE AND HIS DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Broadcast wrote:"A Time for Action Part 1&2"
I'm looking forward to this one! \:D/

Forgotten relative? :-k
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Chandler wrote:

Possibly Bernard? :-k J/k. Maybe a long lost sibling! That would be pretty cool. :D

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Possibly Bernard? :-k J/k.
Bernard's mad that Eugene's ignoring him. :hilarious:

I dunno, the terminology just sounds wierd for what we know of Eugene. :anxious:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Chandler wrote:
the_newfie_haystack wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Possibly Bernard? :-k J/k.
Bernard's mad that Eugene's ignoring him. :hilarious:

I dunno, the terminology just sounds wierd for what we know of Eugene. :anxious:
You know, I suspected (and half-hoped) that they meant Bernard. This brings up an interesting question, however. If Bernard is related to Eugene on his mother's side, and Eugene not long ago discovered that she was alive, but then died again, you'd think he'd have the decency to let Bernard know of the news.

Honestly, I think it would be a nice touch to let Bernard in on the action. Afterall, it's his family as well. If not in th is episode, they should consider letting him in on the fun in the future. It would continue that "cousin" relationship they have and that we enjoy so much.

The BC
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I would love to see Bernard get involved in this storyline. But, I don't think he's the "forgotten relative." Even though the fact that Eugene and Bernard are related hasn't been brought up on AIO in ages, I don't think that fact would be important enough to mention in the short episode description.

Maybe Eugene's forgotten relative is . . . Richard Maxwell! ...or not. But still, Nathan Carlson was in Now More than Ever. It makes you wonder if he recorded more than that one show while he was there... :-

The tragic accident is what has me worried. I hope whatever happens isn't too tragic. :(

As for the spy agency in Chicago . . . Andromeda, anyone?

Oh, by the way...Hi, I'm new! :hello:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugene and Richard being related - I love it! :lol:

I don't know if the spy agency would be Andromeda. :-k However, that would be cool if this was the start to another saga of some kind! \:D/ I'm glad that you're here, Applesauce - cool ideas! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

My theory earlier today was that maybe Eugene was the forgotten relative... by his father! :o

Now I've listened to "A Time for Action I" and I know the answer. O:)
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Applesauce wrote:Even though the fact that Eugene and Bernard are related hasn't been brought up on AIO in ages
Wasn't their relation mentioned in "Two Friends and a Truck" on Eugene Returns?

-king shasta
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

^ Was it? I was trying to remember. I know their trip to California was mentioned, but I didn't think the topic of their being related was brought up. Maybe it was. I don't know. I'll have to listen to that one again... :anxious:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I haven't heard that one in a while, but I'd almost agree with shasta. I think that Eugene mentioned something about Bernard not needing to do something just because they were related. Maybe it was at the end of the show, when Bernard let Eugene use his pickup? I don't remember exactly...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.