what state is odyssey in?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

what state is odyssey in?

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

does anyone know where odyssey is at?I am meaning one of the state's in the United States.tell me!
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Ohio--that's what they said back in the very beginning the one time they mentioned it. Since then, they've refused to say where it is, and they seem to want people to forget that they said it was in Ohio. :(

Jeremy
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

And there is a whole list of where it is not at the Odysseyscoop.com. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

In the beginning it was stated as being in Ohio but many of the things stated then have changed, for example Whit's End was a bookstore, Jenny was alive when Whit's End opened. So, who knows? I'd guess the general Ohio, Illinios area due to the proximity of Chicago and Wisconsin.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Ohio.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Also I wrote an article about Odyssey's location back in early 2000. I believe this was my first time to be up late on Odyssey boards (went to bed something like 2 AM.....which was "late" to get to bed then, and "early" now........just goes to prove the detrimental effects of hanging around Odyssey boards for a long time ;) )

Gimp's "Where Is Odyssey" article

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Godd article Gimp. O:)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice article, Gimp! :D I don't think I had read of some of those little name connections before! I guess we'll never have conclusive proof (other than a really early article that used Ohio) but that was very interesting! :D
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

MAJOR ODYSSEY SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's in Canada.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote: It's in Canada.
Yayness! *celebrates* \:D/ I knew it! I knew it all along! It must be in Alberta - that would explain why Shadowpaw lives there! \:D/
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

gimp80995 wrote:Also I wrote an article about Odyssey's location back in early 2000. I believe this was my first time to be up late on Odyssey boards (went to bed something like 2 AM.....which was "late" to get to bed then, and "early" now........just goes to prove the detrimental effects of hanging around Odyssey boards for a long time ;) )

Gimp's "Where Is Odyssey" article

Peace Out

-Gimp
Really nice! Thanks for sharing that for those of us who weren't around then!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote:It's in Canada.
What? Ohio makes sense. I used to think it was in Illinois, but Ohio does make sense...but Canada? Whatever... :-s

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

jasodia wrote:
What? Ohio makes sense. I used to think it was in Illinois, but Ohio does make sense...but Canada? Whatever... :-s
EK was just kidding, jasoida. :) He likes being goofy - he didn't really think that it was in Canada.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I don't think I ever knew...in fact, I was just wondering that! Ohio sounds realistic...seeing as Whit makes/made frequent trips to Chicago.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

Although it was said in family portraits that Oddysey is in Ohio, if that was ignored, could it still be there? In Best Laid Plans, Jason talks about I-40 being backed up, and I know for a fact that 40 runs through Tennessee, and probably west into Missouri. There's lots of talk about the old west, too in flashbacks, so I always figured Oddysey was in Missouri, because that's still a relatively close proximity to Chicago.
- Sean
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw wrote:
jasodia wrote:
EK was just kidding, jasoida. :) He likes being goofy - he didn't really think that it was in Canada.
...or did he?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
jasodia wrote:
...or did he?
Dun dun dun! ;) EK, if you really thought that, I would be both shocked and horrified, as well as having a sense of doubt about your awesomeness. ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Catspaw wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
jasodia wrote:
...or did he?
Dun dun dun! ;) EK, if you really thought that, I would be both shocked and horrified, as well as having a sense of doubt about your awesomeness. ;)
That's right, everyone knows Canada isn't awesome enough to have Odyssey in it. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
jasodia wrote:
...or did he?
That's right, everyone knows Canada isn't awesome enough to have Odyssey in it. ;)
No, it's because (among other reasons) most people know that for people to run away to Canada in "The Underground Railroad" they have to be somewhere else first, and they go through Odyssey before they go further north to Canada. ;)
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

AIOaddict1988 wrote:Although it was said in family portraits that Oddysey is in Ohio, if that was ignored, could it still be there? In Best Laid Plans, Jason talks about I-40 being backed up, and I know for a fact that 40 runs through Tennessee, and probably west into Missouri. There's lots of talk about the old west, too in flashbacks, so I always figured Oddysey was in Missouri, because that's still a relatively close proximity to Chicago.
Hmmm, it wasn't a factor when I wrote that article but you make an excellent point. If Jason said "I-40" (not highway 40 or route 40 meaning state-route, in wich case there could be more than one route 40) then that totally blows the Ohio theory (I think........checking the map now) because I'm nearly positive I-40 doesn't go into Ohio.
EDIT: I followed I-40 and it appears to dead end in Nashville TN, so it doesn't go into OH. I'm looking now to try to find a state-route 40 or highway 40 in OH. Though I did just think of something.....wasn't Jason out of Odyssey when we're told he was on I-40? If so, maybe he was out of the state and on his way back? I dunno, just a thought.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Last edited by gimp80995 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.