Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Stupid plays at the end of regulation and OT for the Heat. And if I heard him correctly, it sounded like Spoelstra said that both were according to plan. When you're down, you don't run out the clock (even when you're tied, you leave time for a tip-in!). And if you're gonna go for 3 (which they also shouldn't do), don't have Wade shoot it. Wade should have aggressively taken the open path to the basket.

Frustrating. ](*,)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Pat Riley wouldn't have done that. :noway: If Miami doesn't win this year, Spo is gone for sure, but we're gonna win this year anyway. Witness.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t catch the first game of the NHL finals, but I saw the one Saturday.
First time in 51 years (since 1951) both the first and second games of the finals went to overtime.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

bookworm wrote:First time in 51 years (since 1951)
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't that be 2002? :anxious:
Last edited by EK on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Hmm, you’re right. :-k
But that’s what they said on tv. I’m pretty sure.
I wonder which it is then.

Edit:

1951 is the right date, perhaps I misheard and they said 61 years.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

HEY! HEY HEY! I want everyone to turn to ESPN (or do like me and go to www.vipbox.tv ) and watch game 5 of the ECF, Boston vs Heat tonight, both great teams, explosive game, this is gonna be some of the best basketball you'll see all year, unlike a movie, it's only worth watching once, so watch it NOW! :x
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I might flip it on in the fourth quarter.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I am extremely sad that Tsonga ended up losing in 5 sets to Djokovic. :insane: I do not like Djoker one bit and was rooting for Tsonga all the way, especially with him being on home turf and the crowd having such high expectations of him. He ALMOST HAD IT! 4 match points! Ahhhh. :mad: I was cheering and yelling during all the exciting points, and almost lost my voice. :-
*sigh* But. Alas, it was not to be. It galls me to cheer for Federer, since I don't like him either, but he's my choice over Djokie in the semifinal on Friday.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Knight Fisher wrote:I might flip it on in the fourth quarter.
WHAT!? That's something you say during the regular season. This is playoffs man. PLAYOFFS!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EK wrote:
WHAT!? That's something you say during the regular season. This is playoffs man. PLAYOFFS!
And I'm rooting for the Celtics, which I don't really prefer.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Knight Fisher wrote:
EK wrote:
Looks like celts might win this one, seriously I hate them....I hate them so much. :x Time for some heroics.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EK wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
EK wrote:
Looks like celts might win this one, seriously I hate them....I hate them so much. :x Time for some heroics.
Nope, no heroics. Currently I'm rooting for the Spurs because I've got friends who are fans. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

There's no other winner in this finals than Miami. Nuff said. Miami is going to win, and that's final. :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm desperately hoping that Miami wins.

If they don't, we'll have another year of "Lebron has no rings!" and that trash talk. :x
Laura Ingalls wrote:I am extremely sad that Tsonga ended up losing in 5 sets to Djokovic. :insane: I do not like Djoker one bit and was rooting for Tsonga all the way, especially with him being on home turf and the crowd having such high expectations of him. He ALMOST HAD IT! 4 match points! Ahhhh. :mad: I was cheering and yelling during all the exciting points, and almost lost my voice. :-
In the future, please start out your paragraphs by either writing "Nadal" or "Federor", so we all know you're talking about Tennis. \:D/ It's amazing that Federor, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray are still in the tournament. It's like there's a head gamemaker deciding who wins each match based on which players are the most famous. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Come now, AE, you must educate yourself about tennis so you understand what I'm talking about right away. :noway: Tsonga is the #5 ranked player, so he's hardly a no name. :neener:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Is anybody else planning to watch what could be the final NHL game of the season? \:D/ Hopefully it will be a good game. It hasn't been a very good playoffs this season (at least not based on my affiliations!) but I always love to see the Stanley Cup handed out, and it's more fun in front of a home crowd, which it would be if the Kings win tonight. Plus, since the Kings were the team that knocked my favourites, the Canucks, out in the first round, I at least feel a little better knowing that they steamrolled over everybody else too. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We don't get any TV station that carries it! :insane: Isn't that terrible?! We are hoping that the Devils will win this game just so we can see the final game, since NBC will carry games 5, 6, and 7. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:Is anybody else planning to watch what could be the final NHL game of the season? \:D/
Planning, yes of course. Able, no. Like Laura, I don’t get it. :x
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Is anybody else planning to watch what could be the final NHL game of the season? \:D/
Planning, yes of course. Able, no. Like Laura, I don’t get it. :x
I watch at cbc.ca. That will work for all Canadians, but they might block Americans...I'm not sure. It might be worth a try, for anybody who can't get access otherwise! On evenings with a game, there's a link right on their main page. There will be a game 5 on Saturday, since the Devils just won 3-1, so we'll see what happens! I'm busy Saturday evening, so I hope the Devils win again or the game goes way into OT, because I don't want to miss seeing the Cup presented. \:D/
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

So who's the C'mon man?
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.