Introducing....your three new moderators!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. =]

@ Mimi: Thanks, Mimi. I voted for you. O:)

@ Smaug the dragon: Yay, Smaug! \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

American Eagle wrote:
Joy wrote:AE? Oh no........Peoples, why AE?
I can't tell if you're serious, Cam. Do you really not want me to be a mod?

Oh, and can we see the voting results, please?
Nah, I was just kidding....I think. :anxious: But, you are one of the nicest persons on the ToO and came up with my nickname, so, yeah! *sighs in relief at cover-up*
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Congratulations snubs, AE, and Smaug!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

American Eagle wrote:Oh, and can we see the voting results, please?
I already told this to Mimi in our question thread, but I should post the reply here as well :)
Katniss wrote:We have decided not to do so in order to avoid hurt feelings over the final results :)
*insert provocative quote here*
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Snubs payment is in demand for the people who voted for you \:D/
I voted for you all except for smaug. =D>
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

\:D/ Best spoiler ever! This is awesome, thank you everyone. I never thought I'd see my name in green.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

Congrats everyone! \:D/
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

YESS!!! Those were TOTALLY the three I voted for!! \:D/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Where’s the other thread?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

bookworm wrote:Where’s the other thread?
Lost forever.

The first thread has the poll on it, and since they aren't showing the poll.. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So they got rid of the entire thread? :-s If they didn’t want to show the results why didn’t they just delete the poll?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

No, please don't delete the poll. :pray: That would destroy an important part of ToO history.

Sherwood, I strongly, strongly recommend showing the poll results. We all know that four members didn't get enough votes. We all know that three of us tied, and you only chose two of those members. Everybody wants to see the poll. That's the type of transparency that should be displayed from every admin team.

Can you imagine if Catspaw announced the winners without showing the poll? And kept it hid forever?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was going to say exactly what AE just did, but didn’t because I figured the thread was already deleted by now. But if it isn’t, I fully echo his statements. Actually I echo his statements even if it is, it just wouldn’t do any good then.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Alright.

Here's my explanation.

Everyone who was on the ballot received a number of votes. I was pleased to see how many people voted in this election. snubs came in with a solid first place.

There was a three way tie for second, as I said before. We had to choose two of the people from that tie to become mods, while the third would not be selected. The reason we don't want to show the poll is because we don't want to hurt the third person who was in that tie. If we show the poll, we will have hurt feelings. We are trying to avoid that confrontation...especially because we've already had trouble with ToOers over our moderator selections.

If they see that they were not chosen and that the other two people were, there will be a long and complicated process to follow through with. We have already had this happen.

And I don't understand why everyone is so anxious to see the results... :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Katniss wrote:especially because we've already had trouble with ToOers over our moderator selections.
What kind of trouble? Who each administration selects as moderators is up to them alone, with input from Catspaw of course. No one should have reason to take issue with it.
Katniss wrote:And I don't understand why everyone is so anxious to see the results... :anxious:
Because it’s historic. You made a big point of that fact yourselves. But what good is making history if you can’t document it?
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

What good is making history if it hurts others? ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
Katniss wrote:And I don't understand why everyone is so anxious to see the results... :anxious:
Because it’s historic. You made a big point of that fact yourselves. But what good is making history if you can’t document it?
+1
Katniss wrote:we don't want to show the poll is because we don't want to hurt the third person who was in that tie.
You guys are being unnecessarily protective. What if ALL the nominees asked you to release the poll?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Not to sound rude, but if someone is going to be deeply hurt by the release of the poll then that’s their problem.
They should be proud to have been nominated in the first place, and you said everyone had some votes so it’s not like someone is going to feel bad they didn’t get any.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

I do not have a problem releasing the poll. However, if we did release the poll, I wouldn't want to hear complaints over it. I tried to protect the third person in the tie from being hurt/disappointed...and there's nothing else that I can do.
bookworm wrote:Not to sound rude, but if someone is going to be deeply hurt be the revelation of the poll then that’s their problem.
They should be proud to have been nominated in the first place, and you said everyone had some votes so it’s not like someone is going to feel bad they didn’t get any.
Well, I agree. But most people don't think like that. Team Sherwood will have to give an explanation for why this person wasn't picked...and what can we say? Anything we say will end up heard as, "you did not choose me." No explanation will makes sense.

Being a mod is not that big of a deal. I don't understand why people can be hurt over not being chosen. To be sure, it is an honor and a privilege. But in the end, it doesn't matter that much :anxious:
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Wow.

I thought that you, AE, would be one of the people petitioning not to reveal the poll. If one of the nominees received a significantly lower vote count than others, wouldn't that be an indirect way of the people on the ToO showing their dislike, or disdain for that member? We aren't allowed to show any negativity to anybody at all.

I'm with Katniss. Plus, she's admin. Her power, her event, her choice. She gets to decide.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY