Mature Topics in Odyssey

Some. . .mature content =P

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Catspaw wrote:
Christian A. wrote:Hey, you started it.
Gaius wrote:and I thought gay people were stupid because they couldn't have kids
What's wrong with thinking that? They are.
You can disagree with people, but respect for fellow human beings is still necessary. "Stupid" is not a word choice that communicates that we are all made in God's image.
Agreed.
Anyhow, in reference to the Odyssey episodes discussion...I honestly never really thought either. In Family Values I think it did somewhat cross my mind, but I never really dwelled on it, and since it was Odyssey, I just made the assumption it was something that wasn't such a big deal...Deloris seems to be an up tight person about stuff, so I figured it was probably sports magazines or heavy metal music that she wouldn't approve of...or maybe junk food he didn't want her to eat up, etc.
In the second episode...wow, you are definitely overthinking. I strongly doubt the Odyssey authors had that in mind when they wrote the story...I think they just jumped to her having a baby type thing and didn't think anyone would think about how she ended up pregnant...I definitely did not think of that that I remember--and again, if I did, I dismissed it as a whatever and didn't think any further on the matter.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Catspaw wrote:
Christian A. wrote:Hey, you started it.
Gaius wrote:and I thought gay people were stupid because they couldn't have kids
What's wrong with thinking that? They are.
You can disagree with people, but respect for fellow human beings is still necessary. "Stupid" is not a word choice that communicates that we are all made in God's image.
Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. Looking back, I really spoke out of turn. Apparently it sounded funny to me this morning. But that was wrong, and I'm sorry. I deleted the second part of my comment.
Last edited by Christian A. on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Cheese doodles in the shower. . .she's just as bad as he is, frankly =P

And I always like to think on things :anxious:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I've always assumed that that's what Bart was talking about in Family Values...just the way it was said.
I didn't think of that specifically.. bu I definitely thought along those lines..
Y'know.. scantily-clad models and the like
-- Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:34 pm --
Peeta wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Christian A. wrote:
Gaius wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
Christian A. wrote:Concerning Pamela Has a Problem:
I've always thought it weird that the reason that this episode was not included in a regular album was because it dealt with abortion. I think it's a good decision not to include it in anything other than the Lost Episodes, but I don't think it should be because of the talk of abortion. Little kids can understand abortion: People who don't want their babies kill them. It's just like telling them about murder. But the problem of this episode for my family has been the premarital sex that was strongly implied. My intuitive younger brothers, who have not yet received "the talk", would be very confused that a young woman could become pregnant without being married. If the episode featured a married couple contemplating abortion, I'm fairly confident that it wouldn't be a big issue, at least for my family.
LOL I recall when I was a young kid and my mom had like the 700 Club or something on and Pat Robertson was talking about "teenagers younger and younger are getting pregnant!" I was thinking "well, can't do anything about that, if it happens it happens." I think I just thought females randomly became pregnant or something.
I used to think you couldn't get pregnant unless a boy and a girl shared the same room. I'm just glad I didn't have a sister >_> I wonder what I would have thought. . .and I thought gay people were stupid because they couldn't have kids, so it was pointless xD
My dad started "the talk" with me by asking me how I thought babies came to be. I answered, "Is it the kiss on the wedding day?" :rofl: I was so innocent. :D

that's kind of funny :)
I never had "the talk" per se :-

And we're off topic \:D/

We could start a topic about
"the talk"
... Would it have to go in Bad Company? :anxious:

\:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Someone needs to use the Campus faction for something useful.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Christian A. wrote:
Gaius wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
Christian A. wrote:Concerning Pamela Has a Problem:
I've always thought it weird that the reason that this episode was not included in a regular album was because it dealt with abortion. I think it's a good decision not to include it in anything other than the Lost Episodes, but I don't think it should be because of the talk of abortion. Little kids can understand abortion: People who don't want their babies kill them. It's just like telling them about murder. But the problem of this episode for my family has been the premarital sex that was strongly implied. My intuitive younger brothers, who have not yet received "the talk", would be very confused that a young woman could become pregnant without being married. If the episode featured a married couple contemplating abortion, I'm fairly confident that it wouldn't be a big issue, at least for my family.
LOL I recall when I was a young kid and my mom had like the 700 Club or something on and Pat Robertson was talking about "teenagers younger and younger are getting pregnant!" I was thinking "well, can't do anything about that, if it happens it happens." I think I just thought females randomly became pregnant or something.
I used to think you couldn't get pregnant unless a boy and a girl shared the same room. I'm just glad I didn't have a sister >_> I wonder what I would have thought. . .and I thought gay people were stupid because they couldn't have kids, so it was pointless xD
My dad started "the talk" with me by asking me how I thought babies came to be. I answered, "Is it the kiss on the wedding day?" :rofl: I was so innocent. :D
Yeah, I used to think that you had to kiss, if you wanted a baby. I remember those days when I had no idea about anything...
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

This entire thread is nothing but spoilers.... just sayin. :anxious: (but that was my one post every 2-3 months or so... thank you and goodnight.)
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image