What's your favorite sport?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Basketball
24%
Football
No votes
Baseball
14%
Hockey
24%
Tennis
No votes
Other
38%

Total votes: 21

Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Probably hockey or football for me. How about you?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

It depends. I like playing softball, but I like watching basketball and/or soccer. I voted for basketball, though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have paid a lot of attention to the NHL in the past, though within in the last few years I haven't really paid much attention to it. I still follow the AHL team in my area, though. I've never played hockey, though. I don't really play any sports, but my favourite one to watch is hockey.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

PAINTBALL WOOHOO really paintball is great
Me
An original

Post by Me »

My favorite sport to participate in is basketball. My favorite spectator sport is hockey.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I like to watch Hockey!! Its great so fun and exciting!
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

i would rather watch basketball than anything else. the reason behind that is because I play in the pep band at my school and so I always went to the basketball games.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Hope wrote:i would rather watch basketball than anything else. the reason behind that is because I play in the pep band at my school and so I always went to the basketball games.
Hey I like bastball too!! And i also played in a band. PM me if you want to talk about things. :-({|=
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Eugene Kendall wrote:PAINTBALL WOOHOO really paintball is great
Then are you the one who voted for "Other?" :D
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

yes i voted for other
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Am I the only baseball fan here? 8-[
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Most definitely soccer. Seeing as how I've played it for 8 years, it's no wonder I consider this sport the best sport in the world. Course, it's internationally considered the #1 sport, so I need not say more.

However, as much as I'm partial toward soccer, I enjoy most other sports, too. Hockey is awesome to play and watch [I miss the NHL!], as well as football, golf, baseball, curling, etc. Drop me off on a field, track, or court, and leave me with a few competitors and I'm all set. :D
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Does cheerleading count? If it does, that's what I like. Which is why I voted "other" heh, who'da thunk it?

*waves pom-poms*

Sarah
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Cheerleading is not a sport!!!! :D
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Most definitely soccer.
My, my. I can't believe I forgot about soccer! Shame on me. Soccer's pretty fun to watch too. It's kind of like watching hockey--except for the lack of ice and pucks. :D
Chandler wrote:Am I the only baseball fan here?
Sorry, Chandler. I used to like baseball a lot, but then it wore off. It's a little to slow for my liking. What's your favorite team? Atlanta Braves for me.

Cheerio
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Los Angeles Dodgers. My mom is a huge fan of theirs and passed it on to me. :) As I write this, I'm listening to them playing the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. :roll:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Other. Although I never watch professional sports besides the Olympics, I enjoyed basketball/volleyball in the homeschool Phys Ed course we have every week. I also have taken up fencing and archery, although I haven't done either of those for several months--it's impossible, basically, to do either of those during the winter in my area. Sigh.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Chandler, you are not alone. I am also a baseball fan. The Red Sox are my favorite team and they have been all my life and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Be a fan in the "off years" its cheeper that way.

Some of my favorite sports* to play are:

Ultimate (Frisbee, chicken, watermelon...ect)

American Eagle.

~OrigamiKid

*The definition of sport that I'm using is:
noun: an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition.
As much as it pains me to say this *shuders* cheerleading falls under this definition of sport.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

That depends on what the question is (and maybe it would have helped if I had at least read the whole first post before responding)..........but you could be asking which sport is our favorite in general, which sport is our favorite to watch, or which sport is our favorite to prarticipate in.

In general, I like basketball and hockey (I don't play basketball, and being from the states I'm more into street hockey rather than the real version, but I'll take what I can get).

To watch.......definately football. I can play catch, but that's as close to playing football as I'll ever be able to get, however I love watching it..........esp when "my" team is playing.

To play...........baseball, karate, swimming and soccer...........and street hockey........and tennis (even though I'm not good at it)........and ice skating (competition level, even though I'm not allowed to do so anymore). Come to think of it, I don't "play" any of these sports anymore. I'm considering signing up for the church's softball team, but I'm not really sure about it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Motocross. 8)