3rd World Farmer

Online Game

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Yay 190 rounds!! Okay I figured that game is pointless!! ARRGH those evil guerillas, civil wars, and crashes of the central bank. :x
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

danadelfos wrote:Yay 190 rounds!!

*cough* ToO much time on your hands. *cough*

And who am I to talk? :-

danadelfos wrote: Okay I figured that game is pointless!! ARRGH those evil guerillas, civil wars, and crashes of the central bank. :x
Sort of how their living and attempting to get above the poverty level is pointless eh? That's what the point of the game is. I think sometimes we translate American poverty [which is often because of laziness, addiction, wasting money, etc.] into the third-world country's type of poverty. I think in reality they are much different. People in the deserts in Africa can work their tails off and still only last "190" rounds. :-k
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Pepper Doyle wrote:People in the deserts in Africa can work their tails off and still only last "190" rounds. :-k
Even african farmers dont live 190 years.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I did pretty good, I mean how many of you guys got an elaphant?
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Bradley Doyle wrote:I did pretty good, I mean how many of you guys got an elaphant?

YOU WHAT? Nuts! I'm terrible at this. Please post yer stragegies so I can try something different than what I'm doing. [It's obviously not working.]
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Pepper Doyle wrote:
Bradley Doyle wrote:I did pretty good, I mean how many of you guys got an elaphant?

YOU WHAT? Nuts! I'm terrible at this. Please post yer stragegies so I can try something different than what I'm doing. [It's obviously not working.]
Well, for one thing, you accept the offer that you get, like say on the first round you get a shed, then you have to go to the next round with 0 dollars. then you get a offer. then you get chickens and, if you have money left over plant fields. I also had eight people in my family.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

8 people? Holy cow! Your living expenses would have been really high! I haven't recieved any offers yet, because I'm still doing ok. So far I'm in round 14, with a shovel, shed, and well. I have 2 dollars for this round, so I predict someone dying soon.

P.S. Someone died of starvation and then an airstrike killed one of my family member's working in the drug lord's opium fields! Where is the justice?

:-
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Pepper Doyle wrote:8 people? Holy cow! Your living expenses would have been really high!
only about 30 dollars. but, hey, once I had over 300 dollars
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I've been up to 200 or more this game. I'm in the same one, round 28. I think the key, something I hadn't done until today, is to BUY TOOLS. The shovel and scythe increase the money you recieve for your crops! And never turn down money offers! I turned down the drug one once for moral reaons and because I thought I would be punished in the game for growing drugs. Not so.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Right now I'm on round 20 and doing terrible. I'm trying a different strategy.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Pepper Doyle wrote:
danadelfos wrote:Yay 190 rounds!!

*cough* ToO much time on your hands. *cough*

And who am I to talk? :-

danadelfos wrote: Okay I figured that game is pointless!! ARRGH those evil guerillas, civil wars, and crashes of the central bank. :x
Sort of how their living and attempting to get above the poverty level is pointless eh? That's what the point of the game is. I think sometimes we translate American poverty [which is often because of laziness, addiction, wasting money, etc.] into the third-world country's type of poverty. I think in reality they are much different. People in the deserts in Africa can work their tails off and still only last "190" rounds. :-k
Well one of my sisters likes this game as well, so whenever she started to get poor I would come take over and get her to about $1,000 dollars or so. I think the best thing to do is to buy a whole bunch of different varieties, corn and wheat, etc. Always have 1 chicken and 1 pig. Only do about 6 crops at one time. Ummm don't buy any elephants or tractors or the $750 equipment, because it will just be stolen. :D I think that's it.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis