Tis a Trilogy Mateys!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

My sister is a total Pirates nut. She is counting down the days. Although, I can't wait to see it either, but I'm not obsessed.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

/me dresses up as a pirate at least once a week.
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

movieman85 wrote:As cool as this movie series is, I think they need to make a NINJA movie \:D/ =D> :pray: .
It would be too fast.

Also I got a Pirates 3 Movie Poster yayness.
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

I have seen the 2nd one yet but every one said the third wasnt going to be any good because jack spearow wasnt going to be there but then i saw a sign for the movie with jack on it.
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I reallly can't wait for At World's End to come out. *jumping up and down*

It wasn't until after the second one came out that I even though about watching this series. I thought that this would be some wierd movie that I would never enjoy, but, boy am I glad that I did. Now I'm, like, obsessed with it.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Meo wrote:I have seen the 2nd one yet but every one said the third wasnt going to be any good because jack spearow wasnt going to be there but then i saw a sign for the movie with jack on it.
Captain Jack will definitely be in the movie, based on the trailer and multiple promotional pictures! The movie just wouldn't be the same without him, I'm sure!

Yay! Less than a week until AWE! \:D/
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

Only 4 more days, guys and gals. It should be worth the wait, though.
You'll come back
When it's over
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

I oficialy CANT WAIT UNTIL THURS!!! GOIN WITH LIKE 12 PEEPS AND IT SHULD BE SCHWEEET <33333

Edited '!@' to '12'. Try not to use all caps...
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I think I am going to make a trip to the theater this weekend! There is no way I can wait for dvd release.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

So I'm not a fan, and I wasn't looking for this, but this spoiler was thrust upon me by a friend who is a huge fan and he found this; SPOILER; Jack Sparrow is not in the film! The trailer and the promos are actually baiting you for a big dissapointment/the main emotional climax of the movie.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Riiight.

You should have posted that on April 1st.

4 days until it comes out! 5 days until I see it!! (I think)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Queen Prunaprismia wrote:So I'm not a fan, and I wasn't looking for this, but this spoiler was thrust upon me by a friend who is a huge fan and he found this; SPOILER; Jack Sparrow is not in the film! The trailer and the promos are actually baiting you for a big dissapointment/the main emotional climax of the movie.
Yep, a number of production people have verified this.

Though technically he is in the film, but basically 15-20 minutes at the end is all.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Queen Prunaprismia wrote:So I'm not a fan, and I wasn't looking for this, but this spoiler was thrust upon me by a friend who is a huge fan and he found this; SPOILER; Jack Sparrow is not in the film! The trailer and the promos are actually baiting you for a big dissapointment/the main emotional climax of the movie.
Yep, a number of production people have verified this.

Though technically he is in the film, but basically 15-20 minutes at the end is all.
Pardon my suspicion, but I find this doubtful. I have a good feeling that Captain Jack will see screentime sooner than well over two hours into the movie! And even if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie, inbetween laughter and deeply concerned expressions. But if you look at the promotional pictures, I think he has shots that look far too broad-ranging to take place in only a few end scenes.

If you were both kidding...I'll start laughing now. ;)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The posters were meant to decieve you, Catspaw. The main emotional theme of the movie is doubt/hopelessness. Hopelessness that they'll never find Captain Jack Sparrow, and/or doubt that they ever will or even can. (Suspicions towards that other guy, the one that was dead, pop up too.)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

Only 3 more days, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll come back
When it's over
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Queen Prunaprismia wrote:The posters were meant to decieve you, Catspaw. The main emotional theme of the movie is doubt/hopelessness. Hopelessness that they'll never find Captain Jack Sparrow, and/or doubt that they ever will or even can. (Suspicions towards that other guy, the one that was dead, pop up too.)
Oh, how sad. :( The deception has clearly been spread around a lot, since even people who have seen the movie have bought into these deceptive lies produced by the terrible promotional people at Disney! :shock: There is definitely a lesson to be learned here - never trust dead people. ;)
The first appearance of Capt. Jack is about 35 minutes into the movie, but then we see a lot of him.
Warning - there are minor spoilers in this article that I am linking you to!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The deception has clearly been spread around a lot, since even people who have seen the movie have bought into these deceptive lies produced by the terrible promotional people at Disney!
I know, what a shame. :noway:

(I wonder if they're being paid a bribe or not? ;))

ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Catspaw wrote:
Queen Prunaprismia wrote:The posters were meant to decieve you, Catspaw. The main emotional theme of the movie is doubt/hopelessness. Hopelessness that they'll never find Captain Jack Sparrow, and/or doubt that they ever will or even can. (Suspicions towards that other guy, the one that was dead, pop up too.)
Oh, how sad. :( The deception has clearly been spread around a lot, since even people who have seen the movie have bought into these deceptive lies produced by the terrible promotional people at Disney! :shock: There is definitely a lesson to be learned here - never trust dead people. ;)
The first appearance of Capt. Jack is about 35 minutes into the movie, but then we see a lot of him.
Warning - there are minor spoilers in this article that I am linking you to!
Thanks for the link! I had been wondering if I should change my plans for the weekend! I stopped reading when I got my answer, no spoiled plot!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Although I was surprised to see that it's PG-13...the others were just PG, weren't they? I still plan on seeing it, though.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

no, they were PG 13 as well. They were the first Disney movie tohave such a high rating.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.