No Financial Aid???

Curse you, government bureaucracies!

Share your prayer requests here.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

No Financial Aid???

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

So. I get a letter in the mail today from the college I'm supposed to be going to in 6 weeks. Apparently they have no more money for loans.

I need $4,500 before August 18th. I have $500 in the bank right now, but I need $250 of that for sheets. Even if I work 60 hours a week at 7 dollars an hour, I can't even make half of what I need in six weeks. :mecry:

Upon hearing the news my little brother commented that he wished we were millionaires, so we could pay for it. I told him, "We may not be millionaires, but guess who has more than a billion jillion dollars? God! And if He wants me to go, He'll work something out for me. He's done it before, and He'll do it again if He needs to."

So... yeah. This is kind of rough. My mom is really freaking out over it. Any prayers you want to toss my way would be great.

-Rachael
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that must be really hard. :( I'll be praying, Rachael!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Thanks. :) I know God will 'show up' (as the song goes), but in the meantime it's a little unnerving. But He's definitely in control of every situation, including this one, so I'm doing my best to relax about it.
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

come on god.. hit her with the greenbacks!
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

yeah!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

You'll definitely be in my prayers, Rachael. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Great news! My mom told me that she had 'taken care of' the problem. I assumed she meant she had taken out a loan other than a FAFSA loan, but I was confused by her refusal to talk about it. I pestered her until she admitted that she was paying for it! I started crying when I learned that, especially because it meant that now she has to go to a community college instead of distance education courses through Southeastern. It made me feel really loved, because my dad always told me he would pay for half my college expenses and buy me a car and stuff, but he and my step-mom just don't manage their money well enough. I've known all along I was going to have to pay my way through college, so it surprised me a lot to learn that my mom was willing to do that for me! She said she was saving it for HER college but that she loved me enough she would spend it on me. I still can't believe anyone, even my mom, could possibly love me enough to do something like that!

-Rachael
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's wonderful, Rachael! \:D/ I'm so glad to hear that! That's a fast answer to your prayers!