Do you have any favorite quotes??

from movies or books

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Do you have any favorite quotes??

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

My favorite quote is from Star wars ep. 4 when ObiWan says, "whose more foolish? The foll, or the fool who follows it?" (thats my sig right now)
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I like lots of quotes. One of them is in my siggy. Another funny one is "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog. And "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -Brooke Shields...lol!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

"out of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most"

Ry
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

livin4messiah wrote:"out of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most"

Ry
That's one of my favorites as well and very true where I am concerned these days. :D
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Laurie wrote:
livin4messiah wrote:"out of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most"

Ry

Ry

That's one of my favorites as well and very true where I am concerned these days. :D
kewl. u like ozzy as well?

Ry
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

i can only remember one of mine... its from the show Home Improvement.
It was when Jill was fixing stuff and she said to Tim that she will fix things herself and he replied,
"You dont even know the names of the tools. You use terms like thing-a-ma-gig, and my personal favorite... doo-hicky"
i forgot one of the terms right now... oh well
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Hope wrote:i can only remember one of mine... its from the show Home Improvement.
It was when Jill was fixing stuff and she said to Tim that she will fix things herself and he replied,
"You dont even know the names of the tools. You use terms like thing-a-ma-gig, and my personal favorite... doo-hicky"
i forgot one of the terms right now... oh well
i love home improvement i cant remember the other one either. i have seen every episode. including tht one. the only shows that i have ever seen every episode is home improvement and fresh prince.

Ry
Hope

Post by Hope »

i will have to ask my brother.. he knows that quote but he isnt home right now...

Edit - ok i found out the other pharse... it was what-cha-ma-call-it... and the episode is one that we have on DVD and its called Birht of a Hot Rod...
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

"Who are you?"
"I am your king!"
"Well, I didn't vote for you."
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

"Birthdays are good for you...it's been clinically proven that those who have the most live the longest." :yes:
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Hee, I love quotes. Especially like the two just posted. What're they from?

Okay, digging into my favorite bookquotes file . . .

Most of them seem to come from Terry Pratchett. Not always funny, sometimes just beautiful.

"Mister Teatime had a truly brilliant mind, but it was brilliant like a fractured mirror, all marvellous facets and rainbows but, ultimately, also something that was broken."

"The party spread out a little as the guests pondered the ancient question of how to hold a plate and a glass and eat at the same time without using one of those little glass-holding things that clip on the side of the plate and make the user look as though they're four years old."

"It was funny how people were people everywhere you went, even if the people concerned weren't the people the people who made up the phrase 'people are people everywhere' had traditionally thought of as people."

And from Lemony Snicket:

"Villains require a small group of villainous cohorts, who can be persuaded to serve the villain in a henchpersonal capacity."

"Just about everything in this world is easier said than done, with the exception of 'systematically assisting Sisyphus's stealthy, cyst-susceptible sister'."

And from Isaac Adamson:

"No good guy in the history of the world has ever worn a cravat."

"Back in the Octopus's Garden, I checked my messages, but there were none. Billions of people on the planet and none of them had a thing to say to me, but it was more or less mutual."

"'I blame you Americans and all your fast-food chains. Did you know the average Japanese school kid is getting fatter every year? All because of American junk food.'
'American kids are getting fatter, too. We blame Nintendo.'"

And from a rather bad book called "The Year of Our War":

"Never trust a language that has no future tense and twenty words for 'drunk.'"

Er. That's enough for now.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

"We have a saying here in the aluminum industry, 'Aluminum- it all starts with dirt.'"
From a Discovery Channel show about the metal working industry... it cracks us up! We've seen the show about three times, and the industry rep is so serious when he says it! :hilarious:

:anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't." - Gen. Patton.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I like 'no one can make you feel inferior without your consent'
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Joni_Slade wrote:Hee, I love quotes. Especially like the two just posted. What're they from?
Heh, mines from Monty Python's The Quest For The Holy Grail. A very very funny, very quotable movie.

I don't know where the birthday one's from, but I love it!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

"If you find yourself riding alone in a green field with the sun on your face, dont fear. For you are in Elesium, and you are already dead." (or something like that ;) ) Maximus-Gladiator

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

"Now most people in Alice's position would give up. Not Alice. She has courage which can only be described as awesome.
Against all odds, over a noisy telephone line, tapped by the tax authorities and the secret police, Alice will happily attempt, with someone she doesn't trust, whom she cannot hear clearly, and who is probably someone else, to fiddle her tax returns and to organise a coup d'etat, while at the same time minimising the cost of the phone call.
A coding theorist is someone who doesn't think Alice is crazy."
(An address on cryptography.)

Suddenly, they were all attacked by ninjas.
Xander considered it odd to be attacked by ninjas, seeing as there shouldn't be ninjas in a science fiction universe, especially one based on Chinese mythology. He drew his spear and began twirling it around menacingly regardless, until an arrow randomly struck his chest. Or a ninja star. Whichever works for you.
Lowen and Sarisa stared.
"Noooo!" cried Sarisa. "I barely even knew him! ...well, not at all, but he was a good fellow main character!"

<not that that counts.>
Last edited by Sonuna on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

"'And it is also said,' answered Frodo: 'Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.'
'Is it indeed?" laughed Gildor. 'Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.'"

This is probably my favorite out of a whole string of favorites. Too many times my advice has backfired on me.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

"All Hail the New York Giants" "NEW YORK GIANTS!" ---madagascar..
one of the funniest movies ever
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

OK. This is my favorite quote from LOTR. I'm attempting to type it from memory, so it might be a little off. This is Frodo and Gandalf:

"What a pity Bilbo did not slay that vile creature when he had the chance!"
"Pity? It was pity and mercy: not to strike without need."
"I feel no pity for Gollum. He deserves death!"
"Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give that to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends."

Wise words...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless