A New Perspective.......

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jessicado
Love to love

A New Perspective.......

Post by Jessicado »

So as many of you may know, I am leaving this summer for Ireland and then Europe for a total of 3 months. I have been really excited about this and working my hiney off so I can afford to go. I was supposed to leave on the 13th of June at 6:00 in the morning from an airport an hour away. Knowing I was supposed to be there 2 hours early to get through security, I left my hometown at about 2:30 in the morning so I would have plentyt of time to get there. Arrive at the airport and went to the counter and the guy behind the counter said I wasn't on the plane......he checked other flights and had no record of me and suggested I call Priceline (the company I bought my tickets through). As I was about ready to cry, my bf made the call for me and as he was looking up the number in the phonebook, his watch tilted towards me and I noticed the date said 6/14......that couldn't be right!! Today was the 13th, not the 14th!!!! Er...right? RIGHT? RIGHT????!!!!!!

Wrong. Oh no. I had mixed up the dates and was now 24 hours late for my flight. My ticket was non transferable if it wasn't used, and so we drove the hour home and I called myself stupid the whole way home. I was so upset with myself. I had done so much to get ready for this trip and researched so much and had planned train schedules and flights and everything else and then I mix up the date for my plane...I truly am a blonde. I got home and managed to get credit on my ticket, but now since it was so close, tickets are close to $1000 for one way and long story short, I had to pay an extra $500 and will now leave tomorrow morning. I sent my parents an e-mail letting them know what had happened and then went to bed exhausted as I had now not had any sleep for about 30 hours and hated myself and my stupidity until I fell asleep.

The phone woke me up and my dad was calling me. I knew he was going to give me grief..I felt terrible enough as it was, but I answered.....and he said "so looks like your guardian angels were looking after you!" I was confused and he told me a story about how when he was younger he bought a brand new truck. He hadn't even driven it 50 miles home from the car lot and his tire blew. He pulled over and grumbled about how unfair it was and decided to make a game of how fast he could change it. He got back on the rode and a few miles ahead there was a huge car pileup. As he drove past he noticed a white mustang in the center--a white mustang he had been racing until his tire blew. His tire blowing might have saved his life. He said that he had known at least 5 friends who missed their flight and found out late that the plane had crashed. He totally opened my eyes. I had made a comment about how it had been a very expensice mistake, and he said maybe it was a really inexpensive reprieve. It really cheered me up and I thought I would share. Think of all the times that things might not go the way you want and you never know what could've happened. Missing that bus might have saved your life!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Well, I'm glad to hear things worked out and that you're leaving... Not that I want you gone, but I knew you were quite excited about the trip... :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I heard a lot of stories with the same theme as your dad's after Sept 11th. A Christian guy was in the process of moving and had taken that day off of work . . . saved his life. One dad had to take his kids to school and was going to be really late to work, saved HIS life.

Thanks for sharing. And for seeing the possible positive in the situation!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I kept telling my mom to look at things from that perspective when we got caught in FIVE separate traffic jams on the way to my university.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

There have been a few times that freaky stuff like that has saved my life (though you usually don't notice until later).

Example: (Gimp wants to tell a story ;) )

I was moving from Denver Colorado to Chattanooga TN, and taking Greyhound to get there. I had the bus already set up way in advanced and everything was set. But nearly at the last minute I decided to leave Denver a week earlier than planned (something Greyhound use to be fairly flexible on).........get to TN, no problem. My roomate and I were in the car going into town exactly one week later and heard reports of a guy on the greyhound bus attacking people with a knife of box cutter (I forget now)........I turned white as a ghost and my roomate asked me what was wrong........I told her "that was the bus schedule I was originally suppose to be on to come here". Gave both of us chills to even think about it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

My parents just went to Ireland. I hope you have a great time there!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp