I learned something today...

Don't try this at home, folks!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

I learned something today...

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

If you're climbing a 22 foot rope, you're almost to the top, you reach for another grip, and you don't have the strength, you don't fall and hurt yourself (or at least I didn't). I slid all the way down on my right hand, and if you're thinking that hurts something, you're right. On the palm of my hand, it only took off the first major layer of skin (dark red, tender skin showing); on my ring finger, it took off a bit more (kinda gray in the middle). :anxious: I can't type nearly as fast, but I was told it'll all grow back. \:D/

And I'm posting this because... :-s
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Ow.

And...

Ow.

Yeah. Painful, that sounds. :(
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

It hurt a lot at first; right now I'm on a pain killer, and it don't hurt much 'long as I don't... move it. It was kinda nasty lookin'; I had to sit down and close my eyes, 'cause I got kinda nauseated after looking at it for a while. :anxious: Looks like I'll be gettin' a lil practice with my left hand... ;)
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

o_O that must've hurt... next time bring gloves ;)

hope j00 get better soon!
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ugghhh...even thinking about that is painful! :sick:

Hope it heals soon! :pray:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rope burns are ugly. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Yes gloves are nice for rope climbing (when you slip anyway ;)). I'm off the pain killers now, and my hand still feels ok when I don't move it, and I can use all but my pinky finger for typing without pain, but I can't do anything that involves moving my hand significantly.

I can't really complain though, because it was my own stupidity what done it. I was almost to the top of our 22 foot rope, and wanted to make it to the top (I haven't ever done it); I should've headed down because my arms were too tired, but I reached for another grip, and... Yeah.
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

why do you keep saying folks?
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Ouch...

and....

Ouch....

Rope and Rug burns are really bad! ](*,)
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

One word: YEOW!

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:Rope and Rug burns are really bad! ](*,)
This isn't really what you'd call a "burn", it's more like taking the hide off. At the edges, you can see how a layer of skin stops, and there's like a shallow crater where there's less skin.

I reckon I use the word "folks" because I cotton to that word (I am a Texan after all). \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
James
My posts are revolutionary

Post by James »

Thankfully, I only saw a lot of bandages, but I hate it when he talks about how it looked. :-$ :blah:
Larry the Cucumber: "Duct tape takes over where skill leaves off!"
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Ow. Ow. And. Ow.

Thats sounds really painful! I am sorry it happened. I hope it heals really fast so you can write and all. :D
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Well, I went to the doctor, he said that the (ring) finger was worn almost to the bone, but that it'll heal up in about a month. The palm wasn't as severe; he said it'll probably heal in a couple weeks along with the relatively minor skinning on my index finger. I also got some good cream for it, so it's not as tender. As long as nothing gets infected, everything should be "peachy". \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

LarryTheCow wrote:Well, I went to the doctor, he said that the (ring) finger was worn almost to the bone, but that it'll heal up in about a month. The palm wasn't as severe; he said it'll probably heal in a couple weeks along with the relatively minor skinning on my index finger. I also got some good cream for it, so it's not as tender. As long as nothing gets infected, everything should be "peachy". \:D/
Peachy, indeed. :-s

All I can say is.... ow. :(

;) I hope everything gets better soon! Keep on climbing, keep on climbing, keep on climbing, climbing, climbing... what do we do, we climb, climb, grab for that ...thing and slip, slip. Ow.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

OUCH!

Larry was telling me all about it and it made me sick! Then reading this....just made me sicker. I once mentioned to him that it would be fun sliding down the rope, but I didn't think he would believe me!! It's not my fault!

;) Hope it heals well, and I HOPE YOU DON'T GET A SCAR. Even though you are a guy and you probably want one. Humf. :noway:

I do hope everything does turn out just "peachy". Don't do anything stupid and hurt it any worse. ;)

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Lucy wrote:Don't do anything stupid and hurt it any worse. ;)

Lucy
You mean don't do another stupid something and hurt it any worse? ;)

Edit: It'd be a bummer to hurt myself this badly and not even have a scar to show for it. :-s Hmm, it could make the "Tell the twins apart" game a bit less interesting though. :tongue2:
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Sorry for double post, but I wanted to bump this and say that my hand is pretty much all healed up now (still a bit sensitive on my ring finger). I was going to post a picture, but the scar still looks kinda nasty. :anxious:
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Glad to hear it is better!

and please don't share the picture... :sick:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I m sorry to hear that you got rope burn. I m glad ur feeling better though. Maybe next time you should wear gloves.