Jobs?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

One question- how are you going to be able to afford ANY of the degrees? :s I mean they cost 10,000! :o Even Shadowpaw hasn't gotten over 3k... Bah.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

How do you buy a degree or diploma? I've been looking all over. Thanks

--
Samwise
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The One Hobbit wrote:One question- how are you going to be able to afford ANY of the degrees? :s I mean they cost 10,000! :o Even Shadowpaw hasn't gotten over 3k... Bah.
Keep in mind I don't really post much :). However, don't worry... with better jobs, you'll be getting much more money every few days. It's like a snowball effect.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

ook. I guess... Although that isn't too comforting... :wink:
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I'm wondering... do you need to get a HS diploma before you get ANY of the other degrees offered at Campbell County College?
I'm assuming a HS diploma be a requirement . . . as Shadowpaw seems to allude to one below. Will these HS diplomas be purchased at the shops just like degrees?
Shadowpaw wrote:And stuff like "Le Hotel Owner" are amongst them. That would require a HS Equivalent, and a Business Degree however . So save those pennies!
Huzzah! :D The lowly doorman, Trent DeWhite, vies for a greater purpose in life than simply opening doors for people. Here comes Le Hotel Owner . . . in progress.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm assuming a HS diploma be a requirement . . . as Shadowpaw seems to allude to one below. Will these HS diplomas be purchased at the shops just like degrees?
You can already pick one up for the low, low price of $5000! It's in Campbell College :). It's the High School Equivalence certificate.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

So none of us can just be normal and get a high school degree from Odyssey High? :lol:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:So none of us can just be normal and get a high school degree from Odyssey High? :lol:
Considering that Rodney's been attending school there for 17 years, I have a feeling Odyssey High is not the most qualified institution for teaching people. :p
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:lol:
Connie turned out fine. Didn't you Connie? 8-[
Connie Kendall
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Connie Kendall »

Chandler wrote::lol:
Connie turned out fine. Didn't you Connie? 8-[
Hehe! Well if nearly ten years of being stuck in that school is fine, then yes, thank you, I did :).
pixierose09
Just visiting

Post by pixierose09 »

Ok, so it seems that most people haven't been posting here for almost a year, but I still have questions. I'm a Odyssey Times delivery boy......girl....person....yah. :-k What exactly am I supposed to do? Do I need to go around and notify people when the paper comes out or something? (Since I can't exactly bring it to them.) Also, why were people talking about jobs being in the shops? I just got my job in the job market place of ToO. Please someone help me out. I'm so confused!!!!!! (And Shadowpaw hasn't answered my PM yet about this issue either.) I know your busy, but come on, I'm new and lost and helpless!!!!!! :anxious: [sigh] I guess I'll survive......
My name is Amanda, and I am a college student at Grinnell College in Iowa. I am originally from Duluth, MN, and I LOVE AIO!!!! I can't get it on the radio here, but I want to stay in touch with Odyssey community. : )
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

No, you don't have to do anything. :-) I'm Dr. Blackgaard's Field Nurse-- even though I'm actually separated from Regis right now! ;-) It's just a fun way to incorporate Odyssey into one more aspect of the ToO.
pixierose09
Just visiting

Post by pixierose09 »

Thanks!!!!! Hey, just out of curiosity, anyone want to share how long it took them to get enough money to pay for their high school equivalancy? I figured it out mathematically, (yes, that is how much of a geek I am,) and I don't think I could feasibly do it in less than three months.
My name is Amanda, and I am a college student at Grinnell College in Iowa. I am originally from Duluth, MN, and I LOVE AIO!!!! I can't get it on the radio here, but I want to stay in touch with Odyssey community. : )
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Probably not. I got approximately 50% of my nursing degree through donations, and 90% of my agent training through a donation/loan. XD I think I got my HSE all by myself, though I could be wrong...
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I finally acquired my HSE degree a few months ago. When I'd reached the 2000 mark, Chandler graciously donated to me the rest for some unknown reason. How nice fo her. O:) I'm most probably getting an Agent Training degree next, I'm halfway there. This time, I haven't been getting any donations. Maybe I'll get the degree without any. :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Lucy Pevensie wrote:I finally acquired my HSE degree a few months ago. When I'd reached the 2000 mark, Chandler graciously donated to me the rest for some unknown reason.
Unknown?? :anxious: It's because you're one of the most generous people I've seen on this board and it was time that I repay you for that and for teaching me not to be so miserly! :-
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Hmm... Chandler gave me $5,000 for my nursing degree! And one unnamed member of the ToO (who I really ought to repay before too long) loaned me $9,000 for my nursing degree. :-)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Lots of people have donated to me as well! Especially when I was getting close to my business degree. People here are very generous.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

A bunch of people helped me get my HSE. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Pretty sure I got my HSE and my other degree all by my lonesome. :shame:

And a small loan that I paid off in about a week.

;)