Any body like old DOS games?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Any body like old DOS games?

Post by rickyderocher »

Any body like old DOS games? I love them and play them all the time using the DOSBOX emulator. (The Space Quest series and the old Carmen Sandiego games are some of my favorites)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I've only played Commander Keen...but I love it! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The original Command & Conquer and Red Alert were both DOS/Win95, I believe! \:D/

Sadly they won't run on XP, but I assume if I look around I can download something that will let me play them... :-k
Me
An original

Post by Me »

You guys are my heroes... I keep an old 8086 around just to play ancient games on DOS 3.3. And Space Quest is one of the best games ever. Sierra is re-releasing all of them in a $20 collection that is winXP compatible this Christmas. I can't wait. I think I'll be picking up that and King's Quest.
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

Me wrote:You guys are my heroes... I keep an old 8086 around just to play ancient games on DOS 3.3. And Space Quest is one of the best games ever. Sierra is re-releasing all of them in a $20 collection that is winXP compatible this Christmas. I can't wait. I think I'll be picking up that and King's Quest.
It's sad that most people tend to turn their noses down on old games in favor of X-BOX stuff, but I think that some of the best games ever are from the early '90's and late 80's. Plus you don't need a big bag system to play them, just use an old pc you can probaly pick up for free and play!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

rickyderocher wrote:
Me wrote:You guys are my heroes... I keep an old 8086 around just to play ancient games on DOS 3.3. And Space Quest is one of the best games ever. Sierra is re-releasing all of them in a $20 collection that is winXP compatible this Christmas. I can't wait. I think I'll be picking up that and King's Quest.
It's sad that most people tend to turn their noses down on old games in favor of X-BOX stuff, but I think that some of the best games ever are from the early '90's and late 80's. Plus you don't need a big bag system to play them, just use an old pc you can probaly pick up for free and play!
There are good DOS games, sure... but when I think gaming in the 80's and early 90's, I think the original Nintendo. :inlove:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The Great Underground Empire will rise again.
Eventually.
Once I take care of those grue infestations.

(okay, so that probably wasn't really what you had in mind, but still...)
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

The Top Crusader wrote:There are good DOS games, sure... but when I think gaming in the 80's and early 90's, I think the original Nintendo. :inlove:
Me too :inlove:
Like SMB 1 & 2, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punchout...
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

darcy wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:There are good DOS games, sure... but when I think gaming in the 80's and early 90's, I think the original Nintendo. :inlove:
And thanks to the miracle of modern emulation, I can play all those games on my computer and Xbox now! \:D/
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I wish our old Compaq or Windows 3.1 still worked, because I still have all my old games and have no way to play them! :cry:
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I loved playing Mille Born and Where in the World is Carman games. Actually My younger sister got a new Hardrive on her computer and she's partiioned some of it so she can actually play some of the old MS DOS games.
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

Roger Wilco from Space Quest II. :D
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Ooo... Well i like old games period... In Fact I have an Old Commodore 64 computer (thats fun) & an old Atari 2600 (not that next generation 'Atari Flash backs' I'm talkin' about the real deal here). And that means, Yes i do like old DOS games. My favorite is Wolfenstien 3D, That game is FUn!

-Robo
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

Robo wrote:Ooo... Well i like old games period... In Fact I have an Old Commodore 64 computer (thats fun) & an old Atari 2600 (not that next generation 'Atari Flash backs' I'm talkin' about the real deal here). And that means, Yes i do like old DOS games. My favorite is Wolfenstien 3D, That game is FUn!

-Robo
Commodore 64? Commodore 64's are cool!! :D

In fact I'm still writting games for Commodore 64's!

I just send some to Loadstar (The monthly disk magazine for Commodore that STILL running!)

Check out
www.eloadstar.com

Also check out the SEUCK (Shoot 'em Up Constuction Set) vault at
http://www.seuckvault.co.uk/
where you can download my Snow Crazy and Toony Quest's games.
(They are in .d64 format which you can emulate in WINVice, the best Commodore 64 emulator for Windows)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I still play tons of DOS games...

Star Command (1, 2 & 3)...
Lemmings
Tyrian
begin (a text command starship battle game)
Wolfenstein 3D (too gory for me now...but still a classic)
DOOM
One Must Fall 2097
Arena
Scorched Earth
Sherlock (has been updated to 32-bit WIN environment, but the old one is still good)
Descent
Capture the Flag
Catacombs
Duke Nukem
Quake
X-Wing
and a truck load of others.
map
Found

Post by map »

I loved Kings Quest. The first computer game I played was Kings Quest 4 and was hooked! I've played all the Kings Quests, Space Quests and the Police Quests. They totally rocked!

I have great memories of them because my dad and I used to play them together.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

blipadouzi wrote:Duke Nukem
Ooo, we have that one! Are Sam1, Crystal Caves, and Captain Comic DOS games? We have those also, and I should get them out again! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader wrote:
darcy wrote:
And thanks to the miracle of modern emulation, I can play all those games on my computer and Xbox now! \:D/
I can play all those games on my NES! \:D/ Wheee!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
darcy wrote:
I can play all those games on my NES! \:D/ Wheee!
I can't :( My brother kept the system we co-owned. He still plays them though!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I like DOS games! The ones I like the most are:
slicks n slides
the lost reindeer
sopwith
ackack
jetfighter 2.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."