Any body like old DOS games?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Blipadouzi wrote:Wolfenstein 3D (too gory for me now...but still a classic)
DOOM
Wolfenstein is but not Doom?

I like...
Super 3D Noah's Ark (Wolfenstein mod)
GORILLAS.BAS
Nintendo Emulator games...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

DanP740 wrote:
Blipadouzi wrote:Wolfenstein 3D (too gory for me now...but still a classic)
DOOM
Wolfenstein is but not Doom?

I like...
Super 3D Noah's Ark (Wolfenstein mod)
GORILLAS.BAS
Nintendo Emulator games...
Hey! I have and like Gorillas.bas. I also dabbled with nibbles.bas! I found a version somewhere that had support for three players, and I modded it so it had a million cheats and many different levels.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I have an emulator and some old NES games or whatever they're called on my comp here somewhere :anxious:

and I have a question... was Wolfenstein 3D a FPS? (First Person Shooter)

because if it is I'd like to try it out. I'm into FPS games. I play BF2, SOF2 (MP majorly, and I pwn), Far Cry, Max Payne (was changed into Dead to Rights on PS2 with some major modifications, I played that for 7 hours solid on a PS2 before I had to go to bed, lol. Also it's only game I know of that has a slo-mo option. And it's technically a TPS (Third Person Shooter). Ok that is one messed up sentence lol...

oh yeah and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory demo

And I have a bunch more somewhere :anxious:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Get Chex Quest. It's a non-violent version of Doom, and people have made lots of other levels.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

WINDSHEAR wrote:I have an emulator and some old NES games or whatever they're called on my comp here somewhere :anxious:

and I have a question... was Wolfenstein 3D a FPS? (First Person Shooter)
Yes, Wolfenstein 3D was an FPS. In fact, it is often incorrectly referred to as the first FPS, although it cannot be denied that it did a lot to popularize the genre. If you look for the game, make sure you find all the episodes. There were a lot of them! The thing I liked most about the game were the sheer number of secrets. I remember playing it with friends. Because we both wanted to play simultaneously, one of us would control the arrow keys (movement), and the other the Ctrl key (for shooting.)

TC wrote:The original Command & Conquer and Red Alert were both DOS/Win95, I believe! \:D/

Sadly they won't run on XP, but I assume if I look around I can download something that will let me play them... :-k
You probably already know this, but EA made the original C&C (Nod and GDI, not Soviets and Allies) public domain in celebration of the 12th anniversary of the franchise, and in preparation for the release of C&C3.
Not dead yet.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

KODY 105 wrote:I looked up Mines of Titan in Wikipedia. It said that Mines of Titan eliminated the useless abilities such as electronics, language, mechanics, strategy. They are still there, and if you do any hexediting, you can give your character these abilities.

For this game, it was pretty easy to mod the savegames. I can send anyone interested my "thesis paper" on it ;-)
Can you send me your info on how to mod the savegames?

My email is:
[email protected]