Cars Movie

New Pixar Movie opens today

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Applesauce wrote:I'm a geek for bonus features, so I'm a little hesitant to buy this single disc release knowing that a 2-Disc set will probably be coming out eventually. But I am a fan of Pixar, and I enjoyed the movie, so I'll most likely get this sometime. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. :)

From what I understand it is a two disc set. That's what all of Pixar's have been.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

A friend of mine is coming over tonight with her young son - and she's bringing the movie! \:D/
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I watched Cars on ...
... Let's say it was a bootlegged version. It wasn't even out in theatres yet.

So if I really wanted to see Cars again, I wouldn't have to wait for it to come out on DVD.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:I watched Cars on ...

So if I really wanted to see Cars again, I wouldn't have to wait for it to come out on DVD.
Are you bragging about that? :shame:
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:I watched Cars on ...

:dumb: *Tsk*

I will probably also join the ranks of people renting it. I want to see it at least once. :)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

No, I'm not bragging. ;)

Actually, it wasn't our family's, that version wasn't. We just accidentally went to someone's house, and they had the bootlegged version. \:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Monday wrote:A friend of mine is coming over tonight with her young son - and she's bringing the movie! \:D/
How's that? It isn't released until tomorrow. :-s
Thursday Next wrote:
Applesauce wrote:I'm a geek for bonus features, so I'm a little hesitant to buy this single disc release knowing that a 2-Disc set will probably be coming out eventually. But I am a fan of Pixar, and I enjoyed the movie, so I'll most likely get this sometime. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. :)

From what I understand it is a two disc set. That's what all of Pixar's have been.
Unfortunately, Cars is the exception. :( If you go to Amazon's page and scroll down to "Product Details" you'll see "1" as the number of discs included. :(
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Fourmoons
Not Implemented

Post by Fourmoons »

I haven't seen it yet, I'll probably only see it if my dad gets it.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

This one disk talk confuses me. Despite the fact that Cars made the least amount of money since A Bug's Life, this movie was John Lasseter's favorite. I expected this one to be loaded with bonus features and a large tribute to Joe Ranft.

My biggest concern with Pixar, however, is not this trival question about 1 DVD or 2 but how the quality of their future releases will be with the merge of Disney.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Well, I think Pixar's already gotten one thing from Disney: the urge to milk a movie for all it's worth. Disney's always been into releasing and re-releasing a movie as many times as possible to make more money, whereas for the most part Pixar has released loaded 2-Disc sets the first time around. But considering that I think this movie has a lot of potential for great bonuses (in addition to being John Lasseter's favorite as you stated, STRYPER), I suspect that a 2-Disc will come sometime. A rumor was going around that there would be another release around the time Ratatouille hits theaters next June, but I kind of doubt that's going to happen.
My biggest concern with Pixar, however, is not this trival question about 1 DVD or 2 but how the quality of their future releases will be with the merge of Disney.
Between that and the death of Joe Ranft, I'm inclined to agree with you...
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I have yet to see the film, so I'm looking forward to the DVD release. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Applesauce wrote:
Monday wrote:A friend of mine is coming over tonight with her young son - and she's bringing the movie! \:D/
How's that? It isn't released until tomorrow. :-s
I have connections... ;-) Haha, I have a friend (I really do!), she works at a grocery store and this grocery rents DVDs, so she can rent them early. \:D/

It was pretty good, by the way. :-)
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I have yet to see the film, so I'm looking forward to the DVD release. :)
Unless you're really into cars in general or Nascar in particular, be prepared that this film was not as good as the others :(. It's still Pixar, the quality of the animation is 3 times as good as Dreamworks' Over the Hedge, but there was just something missing from this one for me. Not a complete flop at all, but still not anywhere close to their best work.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

STRYPER wrote:Unless you're really into cars in general or Nascar in particular, be prepared that this film was not as good as the others :(. It's still Pixar, the quality of the animation is 3 times as good as Dreamworks' Over the Hedge, but there was just something missing from this one for me. Not a complete flop at all, but still not anywhere close to their best work.
Well, I'll reserve my judgement until after I watch it. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I saw it on DVD last week (yes, it was completely legal) and was quite disappointed with it. A poor story-line, a lack of humor, and far too much heavy music put this movie at the bottom of the list of my favorite Pixar films. I was glad that there weren't so many special features, to be honest. What was on the single disc was pretty lame for a Pixar DVD as it was.

Dave
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Today's The Day!!!!!!!!!!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Lucy Cunningham Shultz wrote:Today's The Day!!!!!!!!!!
Yay! Awesome! \:D/ I'm so excited! \:D/
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

STRYPER wrote: Unless you're really into cars in general or Nascar in particular, be prepared that this film was not as good as the others :(. It's still Pixar, the quality of the animation is 3 times as good as Dreamworks' Over the Hedge, but there was just something missing from this one for me. Not a complete flop at all, but still not anywhere close to their best work.
I think Dreamworks does a pretty good job on their animation. :noway:
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I'm certainly not bashing Dreamworks' quality, but if you watch both studios side by side there is simply no comparison. Pixar's quality far exceeds anything Dreamworks does.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

I been looking forward to Cars for a long time. \:D/ I haven't yet seen though,:( but I'm hoping to get for Christmas. ;)

Dave wrote: A poor story-line, a lack of humor, and far too much heavy music put this movie at the bottom of the list of my favorite Pixar films.

Dave
I don't think any movie can be worse than Chicken Little or the Wild, but I don't think they were done by Pixar or were they? :-s *confuse*

(Welcome back Dave! ;) )