Does anyone else watch Arthur??

the show on pbs

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I am 13, and I am watching PBS right now. Arthur is next, and I just LOVE Arthur. If you think that is silly, well, I could recommend some books for you. Nothign kid like, but really there, like mysteries. You would like them. And I mean this for anyone!!!!!! who thinks that is silly to LOVE Arthur. I used to watch it, then get ready for kindergaten(I can't spell that!)
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I used to watch it a long time ago. But the children in my family are into Dora The Explorer and Thomas And Friends. I don't get much else.

I only remember one episode where Arthur had his friend Mr. Brainerd over to his house and he was so polite and Arthur wasn't. That one always stuck with me cause I've always tried to be a Brainerd.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Larry The Pickle wrote:I only remember one episode where Arthur had his friend Mr. Brainerd over to his house and he was so polite and Arthur wasn't. That one always stuck with me cause I've always tried to be a Brainerd.
I remember that episode quite well. :yes:
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Frank wrote:Hmmm...I think I shalt send this thread to the HT. :D

Everyday when you're walking down the street...everybody that you meet has an original point of view. And I say hey! What a wonderful kind of day! When you can learn to work and play and get along with each other. You've got to listen your heart, listen to the beat, listen to the rhythm, rhythm of the street...open up your eyes, open up your ears, get together and make things better by working together... <typed entirely from memory. \:D/
It's a simple messege, and it comes from your heart, believe in yourself cuz that's the place to start, and i say HEY! What a wonderful kind of day
If we could learn to work and play
And get along with each other.

Hey! What a wonderful kind of day. Hey!
What a wonderful kind of day. Hey!

I love that song!! (even tho its cheezy)
Pepper Doyle wrote:I'm 18-years-old and caught myself enjoying an episode the other morning. And it made me think back to this thread. I agree with the poster who said something about in the new eps, Arthur and "The Brain"'s voices being different and squeaky, but that's because their voices are changing right? Like what our resident former Odyssey member Jimmy Barcley's voice did when he was still doing voice work. It is hard to move on from their younger voices though, then they sound totally different.
That's what I think, i like the older ones better. Now they're trying to hard to keep their voices in the higher register. It's kinda sad that arthurs growing up... That's another thing. haven't you always wondered why he's always in the 3rd grade??

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love this show! Ive been watching it ince I"ve been home for college. WHEE!!! \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I've been watching since I was 12 years old. This girl in my elementry school that I had a crush on always watched it. She was in love with the show and made me watch it. Everytime its on I always watch, its a pretty good show.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

*sings* Hey it's Arthur, Coming over to play!

oh wait that is Frakline. :anxious:

hey with all the stupid stuff they got on tv nowadays, I would not blame anyone for watching "Kids stuff" I think they need to put more positive things on tv! \:D/
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I watched it today! \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trinarius wrote:What a grand Father you shall make, Top! \:D/
He was trained by the best! \:D/

Yeah I used to watch Arthur...but all I remember is an episode about a spelling bee.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I watch it sometimes, but there are so many better shows out there!

I watch Lazy Town for Sportacus. I watch the Wiggles for... well... all four of them. And I listen to AIO for Dr. Blackgaard. ;)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Lol....I still watch Arthur....and so does my dad....
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:Lol....I still watch Arthur....and so does my dad....

LOL, when I first read that post I thougt you said

"Lol....I still watch Arthur....I know it's sad"

\:D/
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

LOL! :shame:
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

i do and i'm 13
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I luv that show! DW is way more cooler than Arthur! Arthur is an official geek! :D
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

Rachael Blackgaard wrote:I watch it sometimes, but there are so many better shows out there!

I watch Lazy Town for Sportacus. I watch the Wiggles for... well... all four of them. And I listen to AIO for Dr. Blackgaard. ;)
Golly Gee Whilikers!! You like Lazy Town for Sportacus too? Dang, we are too alike. XD

I love Arthur and I'm 24.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Bigbird9339 wrote:I love that show! DW is way more cooler than Arthur! Arthur is an official geek! :D
WOW DW is my favorite character as well.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I saw an episode where Binky Barnes got paired with DW for a school project and they danced! It was so beautiful. Bet you all didn't know that Binky loved to dance. Knows all the lingo and everything. Nothing more funny that him clogging and showing a little girl how to spin.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I just found out that the guy who did the old Aurthur voice(b4 it changed) was like, in his twenties when he left, bcuz the directors and people thouhgt he was too old to be played an 8 year old!! That's kinda funny...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

They've obviously never met some of the cast of AIO. I think if they can do the voice, let them stay!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz