Does anyone else watch Arthur??

the show on pbs

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

She *used* to ride hr own bike...

Has anyone noticed people looking different? Everybody's heads look bigger now and their faces look weird sometimes too. ](*,)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

DanP740 wrote:She *used* to ride hr own bike...

Has anyone noticed people looking different? Everybody's heads look bigger now and their faces look weird sometimes too. ](*,)
Sadly yes. The angles are done very crudely and everything looks hastily done.
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

I love Arthur! It's a very cute show and has very good messages. I love the episodes with Francine's family and how they celebrate the Jewish holidays. I love the diversity. :)

Hey, I watch it still and I'm 26 years old.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Scarlett O'Hara wrote:Sadly yes. The angles are done very crudely and everything looks hastily done.
Dude(ette), the angels are supposed to be that way. I'm talking about regular places. Peoples' proportions are just slightly askew from before.

I've been wondering... in the Christmas special, they show how Hanukkah is more important to Francine than Christmas... but nobody seems to care about what Christmas is about? :-s
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

DanP740 wrote:
Scarlett O'Hara wrote:Sadly yes. The angles are done very crudely and everything looks hastily done.
Dude(ette), the angels are supposed to be that way. I'm talking about regular places. Peoples' proportions are just slightly askew from before.

I've been wondering... in the Christmas special, they show how Hanukkah is more important to Francine than Christmas... but nobody seems to care about what Christmas is about? :-s
Well, PBS isn't the most friendly network towards Christians.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

But they are to Muslims and Jews?

One other thing that annoys me is that in "Binky vs. Binky" (Season 10) they had "Vance Legstrong", a bicyclist who has won lots of purple hill-climbing jerseys, but now, in "Room To Ride" (Season 12), they have Lance Armstrong, just because they got him to voice a character.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Yeah I mean that's what bothered me! I like it when they have characters to compare to real life characters....

Oh and they wanted to show Hanukkah because everyone hears about Christmas they wanted to show a different religion! Not everyone who watches PBS is a christian...
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Did I say everyone was? :-s
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Elrohir wrote:
DanP740 wrote:

Yes, PBS is friendly about Christmas and even mentions Jesus in Arthur, but that is about all. In one episode of Postcards From Buster, a girl says she doesn't have a Dad, but two Moms. Another episode shows about the Muslim faith, ceremonies and faith. In Clifford's Puppy Days, they don't say Thanksgiving, instead, it becomes "Fall Feast" and is about "sharing" instead of giving "thanks".
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Scarlett wrote:
Elrohir wrote:
DanP740 wrote:

Yes, PBS is friendly about Christmas and even mentions Jesus in Arthur, but that is about all. In one episode of Postcards From Buster, a girl says she doesn't have a Dad, but two Moms. Another episode shows about the Muslim faith, ceremonies and faith. In Clifford's Puppy Days, they don't say Thanksgiving, instead, it becomes "Fall Feast" and is about "sharing" instead of giving "thanks".
I do remember them mentioning Jesus in Arthur. But my point is that there are those at PBS who think it's their duty to society to disprove the historical accuracy of the Bible. They may not be working on Arthur and it's cool that they mentioned Jesus, but my point was that I we shouldn't really expect much from the network when it comes to the Jesus.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just noticed today, that Molly looks a lot older than 9... :-k
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

DanP740 wrote:I just noticed today, that Molly looks a lot older than 9... :-k
Yes, it is a bit unrealistic. They should at least have them 11, 12 or 13. It would be a lot more believable.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I haven't checked, but I don't think she's looked that old before.
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that in "Tales From The Crib" (Season 8) that for some reason everybody is younger than they were in "Arthur's Baby"/"DW's Baby" (Season 1)? In "DW's Baby", they are obviously the same age as they are now (except for DW turning 5 later, but that's acceptable), but then they were all younger in "Tales From The Crib", where it shows how DW's old crib was given to Kate, and DW got a real bed. But in "DW's Baby", Kate originally slept in a cradle in the parent's room, and then got a crib and moved into DW's room.

[/rant]
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

*thread merged*

Has anyone seen the final episode of the Arthur TV series? I thought the lead up to the final scene was cheesy, but I liked the ending.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was actually going to post about that too! I didn't realize the show had still been active all these years, until I saw in a news feed somewhere that the finale was just a few weeks ago. :o Then I noticed that episode pop up while browsing YouTube. I haven't watched it though.

The image bothers me.

Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

For adult Arthur they had the original actor, Michael Yarmush, come back.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bren wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:14 pmFor adult Arthur they had the original actor, Michael Yarmush, come back.
That's really cool! I hadn't heard that.