Does anyone else watch Arthur??

the show on pbs

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:Ha... I am just saying that I was young enough to watch Arthur and understand so technically I am an oldie because I am dissapointed with the new version...
heh, yeah, I thought you meant something along those lines--still made me feel old and I had to post something like that ;)

I haven't watched Arthur in ages--what's wrong with this new version everyone keeps bringing up?
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

It's one of my favorite shows! Aruthur is funny!
~AC~
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

you gotta feel bad for binky. all the other characters are always in 3rd grade one year less than him =P~
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've probably seen every episode. My main complaints are that they seem to look different (as in slightly bleh) and DW's voice is very wrong... and sounds a lot like the former James voice... Also the fact that these 8 year olds have cell phones, their own computers, ](*,)

(How many cities would you let your kids ride their bikes everywhere in?)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

yeah,but they're trying to appeal to kids while keeping up with the times
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I could understand the bikes but when I was younger I was jealous of Arthur cause my mom never let me ride my bike anywhere.

I think the cellphone and computer is overdoing it. I mean I can understand the bikes but it is unrealistic for 8 year olds to have cell phones.

I think they should move on to fourth grade. Though it will be said to see Mr. Rathbone gone...
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

I can't believe Arthur is still going on! That was my favorite show as a kid \:D/ I like the old shows better than the newer ones..the new shows are just too weird.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

JED wrote:I think they should move on to fourth grade. Though it will be said to see Mr. Rathbone gone...
You mean Mr. Ratburn. (or are AIO and Arthur merging? :O )
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Mr. Ratburn my bad I wasn't thinking.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

JED wrote:I could understand the bikes but when I was younger I was jealous of Arthur cause my mom never let me ride my bike anywhere.

I think the cellphone and computer is overdoing it. I mean I can understand the bikes but it is unrealistic for 8 year olds to have cell phones.

I think they should move on to fourth grade. Though it will be said to see Mr. Rathbone gone...
I know kids who have Black Berries and iPods who are only only 6, 7 or 8. I also know kids who wear Baby Phat and Gucci and have Coach and Fendi bags. They have boyfriends and girlfriends and say curse words. It's a sad world. No more childlike innocence anymore.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

OverTheRainbow wrote:
JED wrote:I could understand the bikes but when I was younger I was jealous of Arthur cause my mom never let me ride my bike anywhere.

I know kids who have Black Berries and iPods who are only only 6, 7 or 8.
Yeah, I see, like, three-year-olds with cell phones. :noway:

I have no idea what they're doing with them, but they have them! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Alas, the inconsistencies. (wow, can't believe I spelled that right the first time)
Apparently in the latest one (second to last in 12th season), Brain and Buster see a Green Tailed Greeb, which, as they tell in "Elwood City Turns 100" (7th season), went extinct when Elwood City was built. :-s

Also, apparently Arthur has given up sleeping in pajamas and now sleeps in his boxer shorts. ](*,)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

In third grade? See not all third graders sleep in boxers! I know this for a fact I didn't start sleeping in boxers until fifth grade!

I refuse to watch the new Arthur episdoes. :noway:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

In my opinion, season 11 was the last semi-good season, despite being the first with DW's new voice. :sick:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Pseudonym wrote:
OverTheRainbow wrote:

I know kids who have Black Berries and iPods who are only only 6, 7 or 8.
Yeah, I see, like, three-year-olds with cell phones. :noway:
Stuff like that not only makes me feel really old, it is just insanely weird to me. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 19, literally had no choice, and it is hardly used or carried with me. I can't imagine childhood with all those silly gadgets.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

so they are in season 12 now?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I got a cell phone in seventh grade. Except it was a family phone. The only reason why I got it was because my younger siblings and I had to go home after public schoo and mom and dad wouldn't be home for a couple hours...

Now I am homeschooled so I hardly use my cell phone....
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

DanP740 wrote:Also, apparently Arthur has given up sleeping in pajamas and now sleeps in his boxer shorts. ](*,)
I found that totally uncalled for. They really shouldn't have done it.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

are the episodes on youtube yet?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I still watch Arthur. It's not hard since there are only like 10 episodes per season now. Most aren't quite what they used to be, but they still have their moments.