God is working...we need to pray.

Share your prayer requests here.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

God is working...we need to pray.

Post by Frank »

Okay, so this is the first time that something like this has affected someone really close to me...one of my best friend's little sister (who is about 13) might have cancer. (more specifically lymphoma or Hodgkins disease)

Everyone can see that this is God working in this family's life...their dad isn't a Christian and is rather against it (the mom has been praying for him for thirty years), and the older sister (my friend) has told me that she hasn't had the feeling of actually talking to God and seeing him moving in a long time, and she feels really distant from God. I want to look at this situation as an amazing work of God and know that great things are going to happen over the next year or so...but it's very hard.

I will be there for her, and pray for their family...but it's just been very very difficult for me to give the situation up to God (I found out all about this last night, and the family didn't know about it until the day before yesterday). I know that I've had relatively little suffering in my life up until now, and now when I have this chance to give the situation to God (which I know is the right thing to do), I'm sitting here questioning him. Why does this have to happen, God, and why to this girl? Some of you know me very well, and when I'm distressed about something, I'm very distressed and meditate on it constantly. This family is amazing, and we stay after Awana and all sorts of other activities talking and laughing with them...and now suddenly everything's changed.

So...please pray for this family at our church...and for me, that I can know that God will do great and wonderful things through all of this. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm praying for you Frank, that God would give you the right words to say to your friend. :hug: I'll also be praying for your friend and her framily. You're so right... God is working, and he's in control of the entire situation. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that sounds like quite the situation, Frank. :( I'll be praying!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I shall be praying, as well, Frank! As Christians, it's so comforting to know that God knows what He's doing, even when we don't understand it (which is most of the time...) I'll definitely be praying for you, and for the whole family! :pray: :hug: By the way, is the 13-year-old sister a Christian?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Evil Chick wrote:I shall be praying, as well, Frank! As Christians, it's so comforting to know that God knows what He's doing, even when we don't understand it (which is most of the time...) I'll definitely be praying for you, and for the whole family! :pray: :hug: By the way, is the 13-year-old sister a Christian?
Yes, she is a very strong Christian, and it's very encouraging how strong she has been through this whole ordeal. :)