The next Left Behind Prequel Book - The Rapture

Excited for the release?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
map
Found

The next Left Behind Prequel Book - The Rapture

Post by map »

Is anyone out there excited for the release of The Rapture on 06/06/06?
I am. It should be really good. I like the date they release it on too.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm not really excited about the release, even though I am looking forward to the new book. I still have to read The Regime. I will say that it has been a very interesting trilogy.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I'll be more excited when they come out with the radio dramas
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

dawningoftime wrote:I'll be more excited when they come out with the radio dramas
Me too. I've been wondering about those. I have not seen them yet.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Excited, but not as much as I was for the normal Left Behind books. I'm more looking foward to the sequels.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I've never read any Left Behind books but I've noticed that there are a lot of them. Did the world ever end or did they just keep stretching out the Last Days until they got bored?
map
Found

Post by map »

no, I don't think they stretched them out too long. They covered all what they interpreted what Revelation talks about til the Glorious Appearing.
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

The Left Behind Books are soooooo boring. So no, I'm not looking forward to it. :slap2:

I hope that's not too mean :huh:
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Milking the cash cow.

I'm not excited at all. :noway:
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Are these prequel books really necessary? I haven't read them, but it seems that they just aren't going to let this series end. First the series was going to be 7 books, then they changed it to twelve (understandable, since they weren't very far along at the end of book six). Then, when Glorious Appearing came out, I was surprised to see "Coming Soon: Prequel and Sequel." Now, three books later, the prequel is the only thing covered...does that mean more books will be released for the "sequel?" I loved the original series, and faithfully bought and read each one when it came out. I read over half the kid books, too. Then, when Glorious Appearing came out, I got it and excitedly read the first chapter, then instantly lost all interest in the book and haven't picked it up since then. And I don't normally do that with books. If I pick up a book to read it, I'm determined to read it all the way through. But I just couldn't bring myself to finish the last book. A few days after I stopped reading it, I picked it back up and glanced ahead in the book to find out who died at the end of book 11, then set it back down and haven't touched it since.

Umm...okay, I'm guessing that answers your question. :anxious:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Applesauce wrote:Are these prequel books really necessary?
The Prequel books are not necessary. They're just a good read.

And how did you not like Glorious Appearing? It was a beautiful book. It made me cry...
Me wrote:Milking the cash cow.

I'm not excited at all. :noway:
Why do people always criticize Left Behind for making a lot of money? There are lots of other Christian series that make lots of money, but they don't get any criticism for it.
Last edited by Elrohir on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Elrohir wrote:
Applesauce wrote:Are these prequel books really necessary?
The Prequel books are not necessary. They're just a good read.

And how did you not like Glorious Appearing? It was a beautiful book. It made me cry...
It probably was good. But like I said, I never got past the first chapter. I've been meaning to give it another chance for a while now, but it's been so long that I've forgotten who a lot of the smaller characters are, and where they were at the end of the last book, so it makes it kind of confusing.
map
Found

Post by map »

I've read all the books plus all the spin-offs. I've liked every one of them, but I also had the hardest time reading book 12 Glorious Appearing. Most of the books I finished in 1 to 2 days, but Glorious Appearing took me over two weeks. I'm not why, but I did find it difficult to get thru.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Remnant was the one that I really struggled with. There were parts of it that really seemed to drag, at least for me. I enjoyed Glorious Appearing.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I actually enjoy listening to the prequels (and why I'm waiting patiently for the dramatic audio) because when reading the books I think they aren't writeen that well. Since they're from a character's perspective and the point of view changes when you switch the scene, you kind of lose track of whose percpective you're seeing it from at times. The dramatic audio doesn't have this problem. Out of all the books I think "The Mark" is the best written of the whole series. They make a better radio drama then they do book. I was seriously disappointed with "The Glorious Appearing". Oh well.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I never got into the series and don't know what The Rapture is going to be about that they haven't already covered . . . :-k
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Aloha
Pilgrim
Location: Where I am,where I've been,and where I'm going to be

Post by Aloha »

Pepper Doyle wrote:I never got into the series and don't know what The Rapture is going to be about that they haven't already covered . . . :-k
ditto,same here
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'll read it, and the books are pretty good, but I think that it's kind of dragging on and the storyline's getting forced more because of it. I REALLY love the dramas, though.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Arwen wrote:I'll read it, and the books are pretty good, but I think that it's kind of dragging on and the storyline's getting forced more because of it. I REALLY love the dramas, though.
Same here. I hope that tomorrow's release is the end of the series. It is getting very old. I think the authors are trying to get as much out of it as they can.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've liked all the books and I can't wait to read the newest one - in fact, I just put it on hold at the library! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.