Can you quote eps?

Do you have the mark of a true AIO fan?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Can you quote eps?

Post by AIO Psyche »

I can quote, word for word, 'The War of the Words', 'Terror From The Skies!', and a few others I can't think of. I can even do pretty good voices like the real characters!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I have the final scene with Blackgaard in The Final Conflict memorized, as well as the wonderful scene with Rev. Andrew in the jail in The Underground Railroad Part 3. And I'm sure there are other scenes I know pretty well, just can't think of them right now. And I highly doubt I have whole eps memorized.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I can quote lines from some episodes, but I have not yet memorized an entire episode. I am still working on it.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I'm sure I can, but I won't name them, take too long. I'll often just quote the ep while I'm listening to it, much to the annoyance of others listening!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

haha when i listen a lot of times i can quote random lines. I used to have most of the one where aubrey imagines she's rich one memorized, but i don't think i remember it anymore. but i have many small parts of eps memorized
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

"The Mystery At Tin Flat" and "The Final Conflict"
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I don't know if I can quite quote an entire ep, but I do have random scenes from many different shows memorized, so that should count for something.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

All of DBD (that's what happens when you've listened to it over 300 times)(I'd need to brush up a little bit to do the music too). About 30 other complete eps, and a bunch of one liners.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

not whole eps..... lots of scenes though.... my favorite is the bus ride and museum scene in Do For a change i quote it all the time!!
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

The really funny shows I can rember.front page news and bad luck are good shows.I know by heart.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

poWerbOy wrote:not whole eps..... lots of scenes though....
That's the way I am too... I listen to a lot of eps but I usually just quote those lines or scenes that are my favorites. You'd be surprised sometimes at what they are. :anxious:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I can quote whole episodes...I don't remember all the names though.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I can quote bits & pieces from the eps, but I'm not a show-memorizer.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I've done scenes before, but not episodes
...I hate marquees.
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I can't. I don't like to do that kind of thing.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

"A Bite of Applesauce"

"Eugene's Delima"

"Do For a Change"

"Waylaid in the Windy City" parts 1 and 2

"Castles and Caludrons" part one and most of part 2

"The Time Has Come"

"Real Time"

"The Curse"

"Strange Boy in a Strange Land" (yeah, I know that came as a real shocker to most of you :D )

"Recollections"

"Connie Comes to Town"

"The Tangled Web"

And there are many others that I can do in real-time if I'm listening to the ep (like I say the lines at the same time the characters say them)

And I have lots of lines memorized.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i can when i am listening to them
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Yeah, there aren't many (old.......as in not from the current season) eps that I can't quote while I'm listening to them........

My mom thinks it's "dumb" for me to listen to a show where I have most of the eps memorized..........at least at the point where I can quote most of the lines as I listen..........though she has other reasons for disliking AIO (even though I've caught her quoting lines from the few eps she was FORCED to listen to)

My mom's favorite is

Eugene: "Dode esta el bano?"
Man: "El bano es a purta aqui" (Yes I probably messed that up, I do Portugese, not Spanish)
Eugene: " A key.....no, I don't need a key, I need EL BANO"

Also one day mom wanted me to help with painting the house..........I wanted to listen to that day's AIO (Sat)........we struck a bargan.........I'd listen while I was painting.

So, she ended up listening..........it was "The Mysterious Stranger" part 1.........she liked to kill me when the ep ended

"What!?!? They're ending THERE!?!? How do we find out what happens?"

I just grinned. "Listen to part 2..........next week"

She did end up listening to part 2 just cuz the suspense was killing her and I wouldn't tell her how it ended (I hadn't heard part 2, but I had read the summary of it in the CGTAIO).

*Smirks* so much for her "not paying attention to the show" :D

She's also listened to various eps on road trips when my earphones got stubborn and wouldn't work, so I turned on the portable radio's tape player to listen.............she learned a long time ago that if she wants me to sit still and quiet on a road trip she will not come between me and AIO.........otherwise either car sickness takes over (for some reason listening to AIO I don't get as nauseated on car trips), or I'll be hungry....or thirsty......or have to go to the bathroom.....or a number of other things that will force us to stop...........but if she just leaves me and AIO alone, I'll go 10 hrs w/o getting hugry, thirsty, needing a bathroom break or needing to throw up due to car sickness.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I can quote all the Blackgaard parts in the DBD series from the Return on and Blackgaard's Revenge. I also had most of the Nemesis I and II memorized, although I haven't heard it in so long I've probably forgotten it.

I used to be able to quote the Search for Whit (all three parts), although I rarely got the chance to do it because it drove my mom crazy. I can quote several scenes, as well.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

My darling sister and I used to be able to do "Gifts for Madge and Guy"...but I got sorta sick of it after awhile. Since AIO is more considered a show for the kiddies in the circles of friends that I have around my neighborhood...we only quote it amongst other AIO nuts like us. Sometimes I'll stick in random quotes in poignant places, but otherwise, I'm really the only AIO nut around this part of...here. :D