Questions for Trank!

Well, I'm sure ye do have a terrible lot of 'em, don't ye?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

mr.whit wrote:when will you anser my question?
now that's a good question \:D/
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

mr.whit wrote:when will you anser my question?
Now! ;)

Currently, a subforum for faction ideas is not something we are currently planning to implement. As it is, we already have two sub-forums under City Hall. Creating an entire sub-forum would just add to the number of forums, and I don't think it's necessary at this point. In additon, we have not received enough interest to consider it an important (or even necessary) addition to the board. However, if enough people were interested, we'd run a poll to see what the majority think.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I'm interested!

And Trank, how come NONE of the moderators you chose were fellow candidates in the election? I could be mistaken, but I thought making at least one candidate from at least one of the teams was a common courtesy for the admins... :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:And Trank, how come NONE of the moderators you chose were fellow candidates in the election? I could be mistaken, but I thought making at least one candidate from at least one of the teams was a common courtesy for the admins... :anxious:
I think I could go on and on about the moderator-selecting process until I was blue in the face... and you guys would still have questions. ;) Like I've stated many times before, we had a particularly tough time deliberating over the moderators. When you actually sit down and consider the number of people who would do a good job moderating, you'll easily come up with 25+ individuals. We had to shrink that number down to fifteen. Although, in the past, admins had graciously given a position to at least one other candidate, it was never a "rule" or expectation of the admins. Frank and I wanted to go with members with whom we were familiar and comfortable, so we opted to go with various individuals over the candidates.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

*watches Trent turn blue in the face* \:D/
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

the faction thread is to cluttered
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yeah but mr. whit, it hasn't been posted on in over 2 days... People don't think of new faction ideas that quickly. I agree with Trent that it is unnecessary. (my 2¢)
darcy
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

but thats becasue its so cluttered
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Rachael wrote:And Trank, how come NONE of the moderators you chose were fellow candidates in the election? I could be mistaken, but I thought making at least one candidate from at least one of the teams was a common courtesy for the admins... :anxious:
I think I could go on and on about the moderator-selecting process until I was blue in the face... and you guys would still have questions. ;) Like I've stated many times before, we had a particularly tough time deliberating over the moderators. When you actually sit down and consider the number of people who would do a good job moderating, you'll easily come up with 25+ individuals. We had to shrink that number down to fifteen. Although, in the past, admins had graciously given a position to at least one other candidate, it was never a "rule" or expectation of the admins. Frank and I wanted to go with members with whom we were familiar and comfortable, so we opted to go with various individuals over the candidates.
Just as FDR broke Washington's precedent... :noway:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I agree that it was your choice-- however, several of the members here were extremely disappointed by it, simply because of how it reflected on Trank's character.

Whether or not it was an accurate reflection is besides the point-- I think you surely could have spared ONE mod spot for an opponent. It's more or less the equivalent of rubbing your triumph over them in their face, and it really does appear to be a bit.... well... snooty. :anxious: I can name at least three candidates who would have made fine (if not outstanding) moderators, and none of them were chosen. And I assure you, I'm by no means the only one who feels this way.

However, what's done is done, and hopefully future administrative teams will take this as a learning opportunity and be more courteous to their opponents.

Oh, dear... you seem to have gotten Rachael started. ;-) Everyone: Duck, cover, and scream!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. :( I'm sure future admins will be able to please everybody.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

No, they won't, but hopefully they won't have your attitude. The "I'm in charge, this is how we'll do things, and if you disagree-- TOO BAD!" really displays immaturity. Especially considering your position of 'power' is only temporary. Don't get too comfortable, Trent-- pride comes before the fall.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Rachael wrote:No, they won't, but hopefully they won't have your attitude. The "I'm in charge, this is how we'll do things, and if you disagree-- TOO BAD!" really displays immaturity. Especially considering your position of 'power' is only temporary. Don't get too comfortable, Trent-- pride comes before the fall.
I think that Trent knows better than most just how hard it can be to earn (yes, earn) the position of responsibility that he currently holds. He has been diligent in all positions of responsibility that he has been given on the ToO, even if it was (at least once or twice) not the position that he had set out to attain. I haven't seen a display of arrogance. Amdins can choose mods. Last term not nearly all of the competitors received mod spots - this time, none did. As Trank has already stated, it can be hard to make mod decisions, and they had to narrow down a list. It's far too late to change that decision now...not that I'm saying that they should.

If somebody perceives Trank as being "arrogant," I would have to say that it is then their problem. Obviously the vast majority of ToOers supported Trank before the election, and a lot of people are glad that Trank has the position that they have. Being "courteous" to one's opponents is one thing - requiring that they be made mods is another. If Shadowpaw had thought that such an action would be best for the board, he could have made a rule of that nature. But he didn't. Can't this issue die, at least until the next election? Then it can be made a campaign issue, if enough people think that it's a concern. :)
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Catspaw wrote:
Rachael wrote:No, they won't, but hopefully they won't have your attitude. The "I'm in charge, this is how we'll do things, and if you disagree-- TOO BAD!" really displays immaturity. Especially considering your position of 'power' is only temporary. Don't get too comfortable, Trent-- pride comes before the fall.
I think that Trent knows better than most just how hard it can be to earn (yes, earn) the position of responsibility that he currently holds. He has been diligent in all positions of responsibility that he has been given on the ToO, even if it was (at least once or twice) not the position that he had set out to attain. I haven't seen a display of arrogance. Amdins can choose mods. Last term not nearly all of the competitors received mod spots - this time, none did. As Trank has already stated, it can be hard to make mod decisions, and they had to narrow down a list. It's far too late to change that decision now...not that I'm saying that they should.

If somebody perceives Trank as being "arrogant," I would have to say that it is then their problem. Obviously the vast majority of ToOers supported Trank before the election, and a lot of people are glad that Trank has the position that they have. Being "courteous" to one's opponents is one thing - requiring that they be made mods is another. If Shadowpaw had thought that such an action would be best for the board, he could have made a rule of that nature. But he didn't. Can't this issue die, at least until the next election? Then it can be made a campaign issue, if enough people think that it's a concern. :)
If i was elected I would have made two of my oponents mods.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Catspaw wrote:

No offense, but I notice that you're one of the global mods who wasn't one of Trank's opponents... I'm not sure yours would be the most unbiased opinion. :anxious:
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Rachael wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

No offense, but I notice that you're one of the global mods who wasn't one of Trank's opponents... I'm not sure yours would be the most unbiased opinion. :anxious:
I agree.
Who voted them into office anywAy?
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

The members of the board. Or at least, SOME of them....
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Most of them. ;)

And I'll state that, yes, the mod issue really and truly does disappoint me--Red Scorpion rantings aside. However I trust Trent to do a good job in other avenues of admindom. I've more concern for the direction of the board in general than can really be put on the shoulders' of Trank...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:No offense, but I notice that you're one of the global mods who wasn't one of Trank's opponents... I'm not sure yours would be the most unbiased opinion. :anxious:
And yours isn't biased? :-s
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

nope. Why would it be? I was neither an opponent nor an admin chosen nor a mod chosen nor a mod un-chosen... or something like that.