The Starwars Books vs. The movies

Which do you like better?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

The Starwars Books vs. The movies

Post by beka8910 »

I've read all the books and seen all the movies that are out and I like the movies better. I can't wait until Episode 3 comes out! :D :D :D

What about the rest of you?
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

What do you mean by ALL the books?! :-s There are like 300 books! Do you mean the movie novels?
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I never bothered to read the books, personally... :(

But yeah, can't wait for Episode 3. I've downloaded the trailers, but saw one in the theater for the first time last night.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

What'd you watch in theatres? Hitchhiker's Guide? The Intrepretor?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jman 009 wrote:What'd you watch in theatres? Hitchhiker's Guide? The Intrepretor?
Hitchhiker's Guide.

It was okay... had some really funny moments, but seemed kind of like lots of random things thrown together. I liked it somewhat, but my friends I was with didn't so much.

I'm guessing it would be better if I had read the books... lots of times lots of people in the theater would be cracking up about something, that we didn't really get. :-s
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I ment the movie novels. Sorry about the confusion. :-#
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

The Top Crusader wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:What'd you watch in theatres? Hitchhiker's Guide? The Intrepretor?
Hitchhiker's Guide.

It was okay... had some really funny moments, but seemed kind of like lots of random things thrown together. I liked it somewhat, but my friends I was with didn't so much.

I'm guessing it would be better if I had read the books... lots of times lots of people in the theater would be cracking up about something, that we didn't really get. :-s
Hey! I just watched Hitchhiker's Guide today! \:D/ It was so funny... at parts.

:offtopic: :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jman 009 wrote:What do you mean by ALL the books?! :-s There are like 300 books! Do you mean the movie novels?
I know people who have read all the books. :o
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

movies
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I like the movies better than the books based on the movies. However, I like the books based on Star Wars in general better than the movies... An extensive breakdown would look something like this:

Star wars movie book < Most Star Wars computer games < Poor Star Wars book < Episodes 1-2 < Good Star Wars computer game (like KOTOR, or Jedi Knight) < Episodes 4-6 < Good Star Wars Comic Book < Good Star Wars Novel
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Movies pwn.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

I haven't read the star wars books.... yet, but I generally like the books, not as a preference to movies, just like the books. I watch the movie, then read the books. The books add so much more to the movies, like what the person thinks about during that part, what his motive was for doing that, etc.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I liked the Episode I book by Patricia Wrede, but most of the time I'd rather watch the movie than read the book.

On that note, though, has anyone read any of Timothy Zahn's books? I love it that he introduced Leia and Han's twins, then Mara Jade (whom Luke later married). My favorite Star Wars books are Spector of the Past and Vistion of the Future, and I like Union (only because I have the graphic novel version and Luke and Mara finally get married). It's hard to find Star Wars books that aren't either boring (Like Michael Stackpole's) or disgusting or completely un-Star Wars like.

I'd love to write some fanfiction, but all the books that are out there now make it intimidating. Somebody somewhere has already used or ruled out every plot I can come up with. I'm considering making something set in the Old Republic, since there seems to be a lot less about that and I've been playing Knights of the Old Republic more than is probably healthy. My mom finally told me to shut up or talk about something besides 'that stupid game'.
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

the star wars movies are really good.
Last edited by Meo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I enjoy the movies better...never really got into the books. There are a couple of Timothy Zahn's books that I like, but that's about it.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Meo wrote:the star wars movies are really good.
Why did you post in this thread when it's over 2 years since the last post? :-s
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I'm not into the books, but I did read the book to Episode 3 and felt that the book explained a lot more than the movie. In fact I felt that Lucas could learn something in the story telling department from reading the books.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

The movies. The movies. A thousand times the movies!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I know some people consider the movies canon, but my sister would argue that he changed a back story that he approved earlier on for the books which changes your view of the character entirely.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

It really depends whether you like to visualize everything or have it visualized for you :)
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.