Gah...

Share your prayer requests here.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Gah...

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I feel like my life...along with myself...is falling apart. I don't know what to do. It almost seems like I'm under a major spiritual attack right now. Maybe I am. I don't know. I'm feeling weak in every respect, and I really need prayer right now. Thanks.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

:hug: I'll be praying.

:yes: Sometimes, and most often recently, I feel like that... This verse helps me.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Great verse for the situation. I also will be praying.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'll pray.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I'll pray for you.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Thanks so much. And that is a great verse... :)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Hi Elf,

Yes, this could be a spiritual attack...or it could be a time of pruning.

Either way, it is uncomfortable and disconcerting...but remember, for gold to become the purest it can be, it must be brought through the fire time & time again...until all the impurities have been burnt off.

Take heart, and know that our Lord is with you through this...and you have our prayers.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Well said, Pastor. And I'll pray for you, Elf.

--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I know how you feel Elf, When that happened to me, I just prayed all the time. I read the Bible every spare moment, and I believe that helps. Also I wrote my testimony again. It helped me to see all of the things that God has done for me. I'll pray for you.
hope this helped,
-dodge

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

*praying for you Elf* :pray:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I feel like my life...along with myself...is falling apart. I don't know what to do. It almost seems like I'm under a major spiritual attack right now. Maybe I am. I don't know. I'm feeling weak in every respect, and I really need prayer right now. Thanks.
Yeah, I know! What is it with all these attacks on us? It finally dawned on me that we're going through so much of the same stuff... attacks on our bodies, attacks on our minds, attacks on everything we try to do...

Do you think it has something to do with moving out of the house? I'm digging my nails into my two last (very last) self-help things before I throw in the towel and start taking the prescription my doctor wrote for me: Lots and lots of herbal supplements and positive thinking! I don't feel capable of praying for myself (Although praying for others seems to help), but I feel like God wants me to stop thinking about things so negatively. And I find more and more that I CAN'T think about things negatively, or I'll get sooo depressed...

Lol, so even though I had to get a somewhat unpleasant medical exam and ultrasound done, I got to be the 'brave' one on my forum and hopefully help anyone else who might need to have that kind of thing done some day... and we ruled out a lot of things my problem WASN'T. And even though I got my absolute last choice (technically, it wasn't even on my list!) in dorms for this upcoming school year, I'm trusting that God's already assigned me a roommate that will be exactly what I need. :-) And there's a sink in my bedroom, even though I have to use the community bathroom. So it's not so bad. I just keep reinforcing the negative thoughts with the positive ones, and soon I'm hardly thinking about the negative ones.

Okay... I need to stop rambling now (I'm still trying to figure out if the rambling means my brain is swelling or not swelling at that particular moment... I'm guessing it's swelling. :-)). Sorry for hijacking your thread, Elf! :-)