Praise / prayer

Not really sure which one.....

Share your prayer requests here.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Praise / prayer

Post by gimp80995 »

I found out today that I've been invited to a church up in Washington State to do a sermon while the pastor is out of town. He's heard my sermons before and feels comfortable with me doing it.......and a few of his members have heard them too and I believe it's them who brought my name up. I use to go to this church quite a while ago, so a lot of the people know me.

I think it's great that I've been asked and all that.....though it will throw the first few days of my road trip plans off a bit........but not by much. I'm just trying to determine if it's God who is wanting me to do it.

So prayer would be appreciated that I'll make the right choice. (though if it is God's Will, I'm totally psyched about getting to do it).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

I will be praying for you...and about above, that you see God's will in this for you.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Thanks James. You already kinda know about this, but the main thing that makes me wonder if it's God's Will is the fact that I've had a lot of "weird" dreams in the past several months where I've been asked to do a sermon or some type of special event at a church........though in the dreams, it's not a church / pastor that I've been to before....bu that could just be my human mind.......and for all I know I could get there and feel like I've never been there before since it has been at least 6 or 7 years, so no doubt a lot about the church, including a lot of new members (hopefully), could make it feel "new" to me.

The only thing that make me question if it's NOT God's Will, is accepting the invitation would put me waaaaaay too close to someone that I'd rather not be in contact with......but maybe that's why I should do it.....get past my personal grudges *shrugs* I still have time to think / pray about it.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Thank you all for your prayers. After praying a lot about it myself, I feel God is telling me that He wants me to do this, so I've contacted the pastor with my answer.

Peace Out

-Gimp