Prayer Needed

Gimp has laryngitis

Share your prayer requests here.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Prayer Needed

Post by gimp80995 »

This morning I thought I just had a minor sore throat.....tonight I can't talk for longer than about two words at a time before my voice compeltely dies. And nothing I'm doing (ginger tea, cough drops, throat spray, etc) is getting rid of the sore throat or the fever. I chatted with my doc and she thinks I should be OK to continue with school and stuff as long as the fever either breaks soon or doesn't get any higher (it's at 102.7 F now, and I've felt this way all day, so I'm guessing it's been about the same for most of the day). I'm going to go at least to my morning classes and see how I feel tomorrow.

Anyway, prayer would be much appreciated right now.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Yuck. Sounds like strep. :-( I'll be praying for you. It gets worse the older you get, if it IS strep.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Well at least I'm feeling better today. Still blowing my nose every 2 minutes and can no longer get any sound out of my throat at any time......but I feel OK........forgot to check this morning, but I don't feel like I'm running a fever or anything.

My theory that no one would notice if I didn't talk at school today has already been blown.......At breakfast I made it all of 8 minutes before the group of friends I ate with realized I was being way too quiet......even for me.

I also discovered why my doc advised me not to even try to whisper.......whispering makes my throat hurt more than it did yesterday when I tried to talk.

Fortunately I don't think anyone will ever notice my not talking in class since I almost never talk in class, I do the most talking in Psych, but it's not out of the normal for me to not talk in there either.

Anyway, so far so good. If I absolutely need to, I'll leave after my morning classes.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Well...I guess I won't be hearing from you tonight then...

I pray the Lord will heal you should it be His will...and if not, that He reveal His desires...just remember when Paul had that thorn in his side...My grace is sufficient
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Today was the worst day......I even felt compelled to make a visit to the school health clinic to get checked out. The dr. there can't tell if it's a cold or allergies (he says a lot of students are comming down with the same sore throat / stuffy nose / bad cough and for them it's just allergies hitting them hard)........but he did say that my lungs sounded a lot clearer after a coughing spell that brought up a lot of phlegm, so that's a good thing (means whatever it is, it's not deep in my lungs yet).

I'm leaning more towards allergies, even though allergy meds aren't doing anything to help yet.......even though I don't like the side effects, I may go back to Claritin.....I always have good results with that. But I do have my voice back now......kinda.....I definately don't sound "normal" when I talk, but I can talk, so I guess that's a good thing.

Thanks for the prayers, guys.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Sounds like bronchitis...

Will keep praying for you.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Gimp is feeling better now. Gonna have to live with a sutffy nose for a while since it's officially allergy season, but Gimp can talk pretty good now and isn't coughing too bad anymore.

Peace Out

-Gimp