Stephen King

The master of horror!!!!!!!!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Have you ever read a Stephen King book?

Are your kidding, I LOVE SK!
30%
No, and I don't plan to. (I don't like scary books)
60%
Yes, and I didn't like it/them.
No votes
Yes, it/they were ok.
10%

Total votes: 10

Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Stephen King

Post by Larry The Pickle »

This topic is dedicated to chatting about a great author.

I have recently discovered two too members who like Stephen King. This surprises me. I wouldn't think someone who likes something like AIO would like someone like Stephen King. Now I'm curious as to who else likes him? What books have you read?

For anyone who cares, Stephen King's Desperation will air on May 23rd, at 8:00 p.m. on ABC - Check your local listings.

I have been highly anticipating this movie! It is one of my favourite books, and I hope they did a good job on the movie.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I love S.K i have read the following: pet cemetary, the stand, and there is one more that i cn never remember. check my book thread for more info.

Movies: IT.

Ryan
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Movies : Misery, The Shining, Green Mile

Books: Firestarter, Green Mile, misery, Needful Things, Insomnia, The Running Man, Thinner, Rose Madder (that might not be the title...it's with the lady who runs away from her police officer husband), The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Bag of Bones, From a Buick 8......
that might be all....I'm not really sure. Not bad for starting to read his books July 2004.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Yeah it's Rose Madder. I own it, but haven't read it yet.

I did read

(books) Firstarter, The Dead Zone, The Green Mile, The Girl Who Loves Tom Gordon, Misery, Dolores Claiborne, From A Buick 8, Cycle Of The Wherewolf, Cujo, The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger, Eyes Of The Dragon, Pet Cemetary.

(collection of short stories) Different Seasons, Night Shift, Nightmares And Dreamscapes, Everything's Eventual, Skeleton Crew.

(five fave books) Desperation, Regulators, Dreamcatcher, The Shining, The Dark Half.

22 books, not bad for also starting sometime in 2004.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I've never read one and I've never wanted to.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Larry, I now feel like I haven't read that many! Maybe i'm forgetting some...but I'm sure i'm not forgetting 11.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

But you also have read some longer ones... Insomnia (TWICE may I remind you), Needful Things, Rose Madder (kidn of) and maybe Bag Of Bones.

The only really long ones I've read are Dreamcatcher and Desperation [or regulators (kind of)]
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I read Carrie like 8 years ago or something... and have seen a few of the movies... MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE being one of them! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I don't like horror/scary in any medium. . . so I haven't and will not read his books.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

I have seen Maximum Overdrive, Graveyard Shift, Pet Cemetary, The Green Mile, Hearts In Atlantis, Misery, Cujo, Dolores Claiborne, Apt Pupil, The Dark Half, The Dead Zone, Thinner, The Running Man, Firestarter, The Stand, Secret Window, The Shining (tv movie, not with Jack Nicholson), and Sleepwalkers.

may sound like alot, but I still have a ways to go. ](*,)
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

EUCC wrote:Movies : Misery, The Shining, Green Mile

Books: Firestarter, Green Mile, misery, Needful Things, Insomnia, The Running Man, Thinner, Rose Madder (that might not be the title...it's with the lady who runs away from her police officer husband), The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Bag of Bones, From a Buick 8......
that might be all....I'm not really sure. Not bad for starting to read his books July 2004.
OH YEAH!!!!!!! i forgot green mile was stevem king. I read that one, and saw the movie 2.

Ryan
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Larry The Pickle wrote:But you also have read some longer ones... Insomnia (TWICE may I remind you), Needful Things, Rose Madder (kidn of) and maybe Bag Of Bones.

The only really long ones I've read are Dreamcatcher and Desperation [or regulators (kind of)]
I've actually read most of them twice. Well, I've read Needful Things, Bag of Bones, and Insomnia twice. (Green mile and girl who loved Tom Gordon but those are short) Bag of Bones is long....Rose Madder seemed long because it was a hardcover from my friendly local library that is no longer local....

Any recommendations for this summer?
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

livin4messiah wrote:
EUCC wrote:Movies : Misery, The Shining, Green Mile

OH YEAH!!!!!!! i forgot green mile was stevem king. I read that one, and saw the movie 2.
I know it. Ya can sometimes forget that Stephen King doesn't just right horror.

Like Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Hearts In Atlantis, The Dead Zone (don't let the name fool ya), and Firestarter. Those aren't scary books/movies/tv shows!
EUCC wrote:Any recommendations for this summer?
My faves were Desperation, The Regulators (those two are kind of together. parralel universes or something), Dreamcatcher, and The Dark Half. I believe you said you already read The Shining. if not than that too.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

okay, well now that i finally got a library card for this city. i just started Hearts in Atlantis, which is awesome..and i also checked out "It"

horray for summer. horray for reading. horray for "must read with all lights on" books (or so the cover says).
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

He's got some really creepy TV movie coming on soon. Ugh.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

yeah, it was on last night. didn't get to watch it since i dont have a tv (minor hinderance) but it was probably good, right?
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Pepper Doyle wrote:He's got some really creepy TV movie coming on soon. Ugh.
Desperation.
EUCC wrote:yeah, it was on last night. didn't get to watch it since i dont have a tv (minor hinderance) but it was probably good, right?
LAST NIGHT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dumb: :thud: :shocking: :!!!:
:bang: I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!! #-o ](*,) :mecry: :explode: :evil: :mecry:
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

do you want a tissue? it's lotion enhanced.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

:( Nah, I'll be ok. *sniff* I'll just get it on DVD.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

well, hang in there...

i finished Hearts in Atlantis yesterday..it was awesome.

i read a few pages of It, but then i got preoccupied with some nonfiction stuff i got from the ol' local library.