Stephen King

The master of horror!!!!!!!!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Have you ever read a Stephen King book?

Are your kidding, I LOVE SK!
30%
No, and I don't plan to. (I don't like scary books)
60%
Yes, and I didn't like it/them.
No votes
Yes, it/they were ok.
10%

Total votes: 10

Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

HIA movie was a good movie too. Normally not my kind of movie, but I still enjoyed it.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Nightmares And Dreamscapes From The Stories Of Stephen King was very mixed.

Night one was very good with Battleground, and Crouch End.
Night two was dissapointing with The End Of The Whole Mess, and Umney's Last Case
Night three was really great with The Road Virus Heads North, and The Fifth Quarter.
Night four was pretty bad with Autopsy Room Four, and You Know They Got One Heck Of A Band.

I've read all these short stories, and all of them are better as short stories except for the phenominal Battleground.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

would you recommend Cujo? I checked it out from the library but haven't started it yet.

I finished 'Salems Lot. Dude, that scared me.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Larry The Pickle wrote:Nightmares And Dreamscapes From The Stories Of Stephen King was very mixed.

Night two was dissapointing with The End Of The Whole Mess, and Umney's Last Case
Night three was really great with The Road Virus Heads North, and The Fifth Quarter.
Night four was pretty bad with Autopsy Room Four, and You Know They Got One Heck Of A Band.

I've read all these short stories, and all of them are better as short stories except for the phenominal Battleground.
I saw the commercial for Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From The Stories of Stephen King several times in the theater, and it looked quite interesting. Since you've seen them, how is the content? Is there a lot of bad language and innapropriate scenes?
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I haven't read any of his books, but I heard that he got hit when he was walking on the side of the highway so hard that he landed 14 feet from the pavement, and didn't die. \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

LarryTheCow wrote:I haven't read any of his books, but I heard that he got hit when he was walking on the side of the highway so hard that he landed 14 feet from the pavement, and didn't die. \:D/
This is true.
Trinarius wrote:
Larry The Pickle wrote:Nightmares And Dreamscapes From The Stories Of Stephen King was very mixed.

I saw the commercial for Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From The Stories of Stephen King several times in the theater, and it looked quite interesting. Since you've seen them, how is the content? Is there a lot of bad language and innapropriate scenes?
Yes. I wouldn't reccommend of watching Autopsy Room Four. Umney's Last Case had alot of making out. I think they all had some swearing except for Battleground which is ALL music.

EUCC wrote:would you recommend Cujo? I checked it out from the library but haven't started it yet.

I finished 'Salems Lot. Dude, that scared me.
It wasn't good enough to RECOMEND it, but yes it was aight. The movie wasn't very good though. Salem's Lot I did very much enjoy, but as in all of his books, didn't find it the least bit "scary".

I am almost done wit The Talisman. I have very much enjoyed it so far, though it does seem long at points.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Yeah, in his "About Writing" or whatever his non-fiction book on writing was, he talked about his accident.

Okay, so I found it scarey...

What do you recommend then, if not Cujo?

Trinarius, I don't know about alot of his movies, but most of his books have language and content that would be considered...."R-rated" The Girl who loved Tom Gordon I think was his mildest one I've read.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Oh go right ahead and read Cujo, I just meant it wasn't one of his best.

I do really reccomend Dreamcatcher, Desperation, The Regulators, The Dark Half, The Shining, The Talisman, Firestarter, The Dead Zone, Eyes Of The Dragon, The Gunslinger (I only read the first of the series), From A Buick 8, 3 out of four stories in Four Past Midnight, The Green Mile, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Misery, Salem's Lot, Thinner,

One's I don't find good enough to recomend: Pet Cemetary, Cujo, and Dolores Claiborne.

Pet Cemetary didn't get to anything exciting or really interesting till about three quarters way through
Dolores Claiborne didn't evn get there.
I don't know about Cujo... that would be the best of the three, but....... :shrugs:

Go ahead and be scared, I'm just one of those people who don't get scared easily. I think that's why I watch scarey movies, because I'm looking for one that will.

I have high hopes for Saw and High Tension. High Tension looks scarey, the only reason I haven't watched it yet is because it's a gorey one.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I think I'll just re-check out Desperation. I got through the first few chapters earlier in the summer. Man, I only have 1.5 more weeks of pleasure reading! ](*,)
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Personally, I enjoyed the books more than the movies, 'Salems Lot, the book, scared me when I read it. The movie didn't. I haven't read any of his stuff in years, though.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

ajamj wrote:Personally, I enjoyed the books more than the movies, 'Salems Lot, the book, scared me when I read it. The movie didn't. I haven't read any of his stuff in years, though.
Thank you for also being scared for that book. Salems Lot and Christine both scared me!