Which Adventures in Odyssey Epidodes do you hate?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Which Adventures in Odyssey Epidodes do you hate?

Post by rickyderocher »

I hate Passages Part 1 and 2 the most. The idea of Timmy getting sucked into another world seems totally dumb to me. And what's up with the cowboy setting? It would have been a lot better if it had been a castle and knight setting like other stories use for alternate world settings.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hate seems like a strong word to me.
rickyderocher wrote:I hate Passages Part 1 and 2 the most. The idea of Timmy getting sucked into another world seems totally dumb to me. And what's up with the cowboy setting? It would have been a lot better if it had been a castle and knight setting like other stories use for alternate world settings.
One, it's a story. And if you think the getting sucked into another world is stupid, I assume you dismiss Narnia as well.

Two, where do you get that it's a cowboy setting? I didn't get that impression at all.

Three, do you realize that that story parallels the story of Gideon in the Bible?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Also a word of caution. There are people from AIO who visit this message board, you might want to be more careful in your choice of words so you do not offend them. You may or may not recognize the names, Nathan Hoobler for one and Aria Curzon for another. Others may pop up from time to time.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:Hate seems like a strong word to me.
rickyderocher wrote:I hate Passages Part 1 and 2 the most. The idea of Timmy getting sucked into another world seems totally dumb to me. And what's up with the cowboy setting? It would have been a lot better if it had been a castle and knight setting like other stories use for alternate world settings.
One, it's a story. And if you think the getting sucked into another world is stupid, I assume you dismiss Narnia as well.

Two, where do you get that it's a cowboy setting? I didn't get that impression at all.

Three, do you realize that that story parallels the story of Gideon in the Bible?
I second all of what Jonathan said, and I'd like to also ask if you've read the Passages books. If you haven't, I really think that you should!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

The Passages books? Where can they be found?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Like Jonathan said, hate is a strong word, but I disliked pretty much every episode from 1999 - 2000 and in recent years, "Between You and Me", "Fairy Tal-e-vision", "The Power of One", "Black Clouds", and "All Things to All People" stand out as particularly awful.

Passages I didn't really hate, but I didn't love it... I also don't intend to listen to it again any time soon. I'm all for interesting stories using alternate "worlds" like Narnia, but not in Odyssey, and not when it is so directly linked to Narnia. I also read the first couple of books, but stopped after midway through the third one.

As for episodes of all time, "Back to School", "A Mission for Jimmy", "Pipe Dreams", "The Power", anything with Danny Schmidt, "A Little Credit Please", and lots more I guess. But thankfully for every bad episode, there's a great episode and a handful of good episodes to offset it ;).
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I really don't like the New Years one. I REALLY don't know why...I guess I've heard it too many times.

I don't hate any episodes, though.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I HATE THE DEVIL! :x
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Great Wishy Woz is one that I have heard once and never want to hear again.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

As my mother told me when I was writing my essay for wanting to go to TVJA, hate is a very strong word, and I definetly agree with other people that it shouldn't be used.

I think I would never listen to "The Battle" ever again. To scary and I wouldn't even listen with Brittni, my best friend, who can listen to it. But she doesn't like Ricahrd Maxwell!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Oh, that reminds me Arwen, I really dislike Mandy's Debut but since that was kind of grouped into my 1999 - 2000 ban, I guess that's why I forgot to mention it. Same with "Great Wishy Woz", even though I loved the episode when it first aired and I gave it 5 stars. I've never been able to sit through it since and it's an example of an episode that did not stand the test of time (same with "I Slap Floor" for me). I think it's because those episodes aired during such a poor period of time in Odyssey's history that those really stood out as terrific episodes when, if they were to be put in any seasons before or after, you would be disappointed.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Karin wrote:The Passages books? Where can they be found?
Check out the Official Passages Website.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Laurie wrote:The Great Wishy Woz is one that I have heard once and never want to hear again.
I hear you
I also dislike some of the somw of the newer eps.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I like the last segment of "The Power of One" better than the other segments. Edwin and Harlow were just too funny in their presentation about Samson! :lol: But I think there was too much banter between them during the story.
"Fairy Tale-A-Vision"? Erm. :noway: Some of the longer segments were...okay :anxious: ...but I especially dislike most of the "shorts" and commercials.
I can't really understand why people dislike "The Great Wishy Woz." It's one of my fave KYDS Radio dramas from the past several years. \:D/
But one I don't like is "Slumber Party."
My mom isn't crazy about "A Class Act," but I like it okay and would really like to hear the deleted scenes. Are they included in the Gold Audio edition?
I don't like most of the split eps--especially "Bethany's Flood," but also "The Eternal Birthday," "Bethany's Imaginary Friend," and "Sunset Bowlawater." Some split eps were better IMO (like "Two Roads," "Idol Minds," and "The Bad Guy"), but the good ones were an exception.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Kris Doyle wrote:Some split eps were better IMO (like "Two Roads," "Idol Minds," and "The Bad Guy"), but the good ones were an exception.
"Idol Minds" is called by many the worst episode of all time -- with Whit acting way out-of-character and all. Though "Black Clouds" is among my least favorites.

"The Great Wishy Woz" not stand the test of time? I think this one is great! According to Tyndale, that 2-parter is releasing in October 06 as a sampler...

-king shasta
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Evil Chick wrote:
Karin wrote:The Passages books? Where can they be found?
Check out the Official Passages Website.
Thanks! :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Kris Doyle wrote:"Fairy Tale-A-Vision"? Erm. :noway: Some of the longer segments were...okay :anxious: ...but I especially dislike most of the "shorts" and commercials.
There were longer segments?
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jonathan wrote:
Kris Doyle wrote:"Fairy Tale-A-Vision"? Erm. :noway: Some of the longer segments were...okay :anxious: ...but I especially dislike most of the "shorts" and commercials.
There were longer segments?
Well...longer than the shorter ones. Still, it certainly isn't among my favorite episodes. :noway:
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hm, I never knew any of them were anything other then short. Goes to show how quickly I lost interest in that show...
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Just of curiosity, is there a way to change the Title of this thread to Dislike ?