Mormons -- Might possibly get a little MATURE

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Mormons -- Might possibly get a little MATURE

Post by ichthuz »

<DUE TO THE SUBJECT YOUNGER MEMBERS MIGHT NOT WANT TO JOIN THIS DISCUSSION BUT MAYBE>

Well i just finished writing a 5 page ish research paper on the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day saints and im so disgusted i could kill someone except thats wrong but i might be able to throw a digested gummy worm. anyway. have any of you experienced the details of the LDS? its amaizing that anyone believes this ... i think the only possible explanation is total brainwashage. if anyone wants a couple pages of not too polished writing about them (by me) give me ur email and ill send you it. The total nonsensicality (nice word eh?.) of their docrine is astounding!
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

If the Mormon church followed their first leader's (Joseph Smith's) teaching completely, they would have to have multiple wives and say black people were inferior--but they believe that their current prophet at any given time is to be heeded and believed more than the Bible, Mormonism's "extra" books (The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, or The Pearl of Great Price), or the word of any dead prophet. In other words, their teachings would have made Joseph Smith right when he was alive, but would make the prophets after him (who changed many doctrines) right for our time.
A relative of mine attended the Mormon church for many years because their spouse went, and it's pretty sad what they teach.
Mormonism actually teaches the false doctrine that God had to work His way up to being God, and that anyone else can do the same--clearly unbiblical, and the second part is just like what the devil told Eve. Mormonism even teaches that lucifer (before his rebellion) had a plan to redeem us (and to take all the credit for it), but rebelled when Jesus' plan was chosen over his. The Bible disproves this by specifically saying that the devil was the one who first tempted Adam and Eve to sin--so man didn't need redemption before satan's rebellion. Besides, the devil would never try to redeem us, anyway! And Jesus is God, so Jesus' plan of our salvation didn't need to be "chosen" over someone else's.
I know that some Mormons are trying to do right, and it's quite sad that so many smart and even God-fearing people are being taken in by this deception.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I've talked to some Mormons......they also teach that Jesus came back to earth (after His assention) and had disciples here in the Unitied States in the 1800's just like he did in the Bible :roll:

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It's pretty sad how many people are led astray by this religion. I was walking to the bus stop and two women standing out side their church started to talk to me. I wanted to stay and talk to them, hopefully share something with them . . . but didn't really get the oppertunity.

They invited me in for a tour and I politely declined, telling them I was a member of [my church name] and where it was.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

Kris Doyle wrote:If the Mormon church followed their first leader's (Joseph Smith's) teaching completely, they would have to have multiple wives and say black people were inferior--but they believe that their current prophet at any given time is to be heeded and believed more than the Bible, Mormonism's "extra" books (The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, or The Pearl of Great Price), or the word of any dead prophet. In other words, their teachings would have made Joseph Smith right when he was alive, but would make the prophets after him (who changed many doctrines) right for our time.
A relative of mine attended the Mormon church for many years because their spouse went, and it's pretty sad what they teach.
Mormonism actually teaches the false doctrine that God had to work His way up to being God, and that anyone else can do the same--clearly unbiblical, and the second part is just like what the devil told Eve. Mormonism even teaches that lucifer (before his rebellion) had a plan to redeem us (and to take all the credit for it), but rebelled when Jesus' plan was chosen over his. The Bible disproves this by specifically saying that the devil was the one who first tempted Adam and Eve to sin--so man didn't need redemption before satan's rebellion. Besides, the devil would never try to redeem us, anyway! And Jesus is God, so Jesus' plan of our salvation didn't need to be "chosen" over someone else's.
I know that some Mormons are trying to do right, and it's quite sad that so many smart and even God-fearing people are being taken in by this deception.
yes its so sad...and come to think of it..none of their "current prophets" ever agree with each other hickney outlawed polygamy while others said it was requird

??????????????????????
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Like every false religion, you'll find a lot of hurting people in there. We just have to be ready to talk with them about the True God and the true faith that will actually save them. They won't get to be gods, but they will actually be serving the real one.

There is a guy I know from school [not very well] who was attracted to the Mormon church because of how family oriented it was and that was soemthing he was missing in his real family. Now he calls himself mormon . . .
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

We'll pray for him. :pray:
Right, guys?
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I want to wear a suit and ride around on a bike all the time! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I want to wear a suit and ride around on a bike all the time! \:D/
:inlove:
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

I went to Salt Lake City, and saw the Mormon Temple and the Mormon Tabernacle and the LDS building. It is really weird. My dad told me that they believe marriage continues in heaven, however, the wierdest thing was that they baptize their dead ancestors, beleieving, that "they would have wanted to be baptized if they were alive." They will choose some people who willed be baptized for however many dead people (That's wierd)

One time, some Mormons came to our door, and my mom said, "No, we're very strong Catholics" and they said, "Oh, there's not really much of a difference" I find that really funny. OK
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I just read today that Mormons believe that man can become God. While trying to find out if that is something that they do believe I found this http://www.musclemag.com/forums/topic-8 ... extoldest/.

Are these points all true Mormon teachings?
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Yes, they are.

Jeremy
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Pepper Doyle wrote:Like every false religion, you'll find a lot of hurting people in there. We just have to be ready to talk with them about the True God and the true faith that will actually save them. They won't get to be gods, but they will actually be serving the real one.

There is a guy I know from school [not very well] who was attracted to the Mormon church because of how family oriented it was and that was soemthing he was missing in his real family. Now he calls himself mormon . . .
Has he seen the truth vs. the errors now that the Mormons have probably begun showing him what their church believes? I hope he has a strong enough Biblical foundation to recognize the fallacies and go back to a better church. Was he in a church before?

--Kris Doyle