Quick GOF Question

For anyone who has the book and can answer for me.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Quick GOF Question

Post by Iverkid »

I don't own the book so I was wondering if someone who does can remind me how Fleur gets past the her dragon in the first task. I watched the movie recently and my brother wanted to know how she did it. I remember how Cedric and Krum did it but not Fleur. Please help.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Iverkid wrote:I don't own the book so I was wondering if someone who does can remind me how Fleur gets past the her dragon in the first task. I watched the movie recently and my brother wanted to know how she did it. I remember how Cedric and Krum did it but not Fleur. Please help.

Iverkid
I dont got my book down here now but looking it up on a site online it says she used a sleeping charm of some sort. I'll have to check it with the book later.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Yeah I didn't remember that.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Does not understand.. :-s
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

danadelfos wrote:Does not understand.. :-s
to simply put it the person put the dragon to sleep.

and I hav yet to be able to get to the book by the way and it dont look like I'll be able to get to it untill Tues at the earlyest. cause I am on little sleep now and I have to work tonight and then I'll prolly be sleeping all day monday only getting up for work. So unless someone else wants to check it out, it'll be a few.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Okay well thanks anyway. I may be able to see your answer in a month or so. I won't really be on because I am going to Sri Lanka.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

ok here it is word for word

"And that Fleur girl tried this sort of charm, I think she was trying to put it into a trance --- well, that kind of worked too, it went all sleepy, but then it snored, and this great jet of flame shot out, and her skirt caught fire --- she put it out with a bit of water out of her wand."

- Ron Weasly, HPGOF page 359 -

Lord Sesshoumaru
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Ok. so I own the book(well, so does my sister, but she has all six at the moment.) I haven't read it in a while and I just watched the movie, like, 2 days ago.No 3. I want to own the movie, but first is Narnia and Odyssey. Ron told him? the movie is different by comparision. I have a question because of not reading the book is so long(it's under my bed.not good!), why does Barty Crouch's son kill him? I don't think I get it. The book is confusioning as so is the movie.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

richardmaxwell3 wrote:Ok. so I own the book(well, so does my sister, but she has all six at the moment.) I haven't read it in a while and I just watched the movie, like, 2 days ago.No 3. I want to own the movie, but first is Narnia and Odyssey. Ron told him? the movie is different by comparision. I have a question because of not reading the book is so long(it's under my bed.not good!), why does Barty Crouch's son kill him? I don't think I get it. The book is confusioning as so is the movie.
I myself am trying to recall from memory why he does that but I am drawing a blank. only a cupple of possabilities come to mind at the moment, either it is because that his son has gone insane/revenge or he realized that ole Barty reconised him and wanted to make sure that he didnt tell anyone.

I'll have to double check.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

In the book it was because Barty Crouch senior had been under the imperious curse but had escaped it and come to Hogwarts. He was going to tell dumbledore everything about Voldemort and them but his son got there first. I think the movie was trying to make it like the father recognized the son and so the son had to do away with him.

Iverkid

The Harlequin calleth! -Me
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I only read the first four. Though I see you already got your answer.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!