House

....by Peretti & Dekker!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

House

Post by Carolita »

Anybody get it? Anybody reading it?

We got it the other day. I started it this evening. Why do I always start these books in the evening.....? :anxious: Needless to say, I'm looking forward to reading it all. I mean, Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker together? I have no clue what to expect! ;)
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Wow! I love Peretti books but I havn't heard about this one. Is it any good?
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I don't know if I even want to read a book they write together...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm definitely purchasing this book the day it's released. Although I really need to read Showdown first. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Ooh. House!

*is sure to read it as soon as possible*
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Bought it online the other day and can't wait for its scheduled arrival next week.

Does anyone know 1) who came up with the idea or 2) who's actually writing the text - Dekker, Peretti, or both? Did each write half the book or what?
Emily Winfield
29K to go!

Post by Emily Winfield »

I am going to request it from the library--like I did Showdown. Eventually I will buy them...I guess... I like reading them first from libraries though. :yes:
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Whoohoo. That was an experience.

Hm. :anxious:

It's good. Read it and think. :yes:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I still haven't read the books of Peretti I have. :anxious: But I guess that's what the summer is for! \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Carolita wrote:It's good. Read it and think. :yes:
I'm thinking all right.

What a page turner! This book spans a grand total of 14 hours. I recommend reading it all in one day if you've got the time. I really like it, especially the interesting application of John 1:5, though I have a few unanswered questions.

Coming to theaters in 2007 :anxious:

This was also my first taste of Dekker, having only read Peretti before.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I'm a big fan of both writers, I saw it tonight in mardels so I'm going to try and pick it up somewhere..
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I got my autographed copy of HOUSE in the mail the other day!! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Amadeo wrote:I got my autographed copy of HOUSE in the mail the other day!! \:D/
Cool! :D The book is owned by a member of my family, so I'm sure that I'll eventually get around to reading it! (Ours isn't autographed, though). ;)
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I hope to get in for my birthday on Wednesday. :pray: I have it reserved when it comes in at the library if not, though.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I finished reading it last thursday. (dance)

It was definitely a page turner... It kind of reminded me of Saw. As a result I was mostly pleased with the book but I almost kind of wish there was a little more spiritual depth to the work. I'm sure the movie will get a well deserved PG-13 rating... A "Christian" horror movie. There's a thought.
Not dead yet.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

^ It won't be the first Christian horror film.

Yeah, I got it when it first came out. I love Peretti and Dekker's books! I was so excited when I heard this was coming out! However, I think my expectations of it were a little too high. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent book. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed their 'individual' books.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yeah, I'm expecting that.

I've had the book for four days and I still haven't read it!! Of course, I got a lot of other books that I'm reading, and I'm trying to save that one for a trip in a couple weeks (I don't know if I'll make it that long though...), but this is still strange for me...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless