Jennie McGrady Series

The new Nancy Drew

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Chandler wrote:You may not model yourself after a book character but other people might. What's more likely is that they'll gain ideas not specific models. I mean, how many people are in Jennie's situations? Not likely. Most teenaged girls are interested in guys. ;) So it's possible that moving from guy to guy can be impressed as normal or whatever by reading the books. However, that alone probably isn't going to influence someone in that direction. It'd probably be one of several factors. If you don't see a problem with that, then it's no biggie. :)
I'd also note that most of the time, guys like her and she either thinks they are cute [not wrong] or they try to get closer to her than she cares for. [they want to be more than friends and she doesn't.]
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

Chandler wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:"Trashier" . . . from Rachael who writes . . .*never mind* O:)
Careful... I do see your point.. She was comparing Nancy Drew, not her own writing. :-k
Jennifer Doyle wrote:They are about a Christian teen.
Christian doesn't stop her from "hooking up" with a cute guy she sees. :o Think of book 4... I enjoyed the story... except the way she and her friend "had dibs" on the 2 hot guys by the pool.
Ummm, what's your definition of "hooking up"? I just need clarification, where I'm from that means something entirly different from what I think your saying.
I love the Jenny McGrady Series, I'm also a fan of the connected series about her grandma, I can't remember what their called right now.
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

"Hooking up" means kissing in that post. :-s *doesn't think that's hooking up*
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:"Hooking up" means kissing in that post. :-s *doesn't think that's hooking up*
The way that the secular world would describe "hooking up" does not occur in Jennie McGrady books, thank goodness.
Lizzy wrote:I'm also a fan of the connected series about her grandma, I can't remember what their called right now.
Weren't they just called the Helen Bradley Mysteries or something like that? :-k I liked those too, though not as much. I think there were 4 of them.

I always wanted a grandpa like J.B. :( My grandmother remarried (well, twice now) and especially the first time I couldn't help but think that Jennie definitely got a cooler grandpa replacement than I did. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:"Hooking up" means kissing in that post. :-s *doesn't think that's hooking up*
No, I meant finding a new guy interest to hang out with. But since I've only read a couple books, I can hardly say how often it happens... only go by what others say. ;)
H34TH4R
Someone's favorite

Post by H34TH4R »

I love the books!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Cool! :D Do you have a favourite, Heather? :)