10 Things about You

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

NatetheGreat wrote:2. I really want to learn Haskell. :-k
I have learned a little Haskell. I only have written a Caesar cipher program in it. I didn't pursue it farther because I am mostly interested in simulation/games and Haskell makes that hard.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

1. I'm drinking tea right now
2. I play a bunch of instruments
3. I'm a Muppet geek
4. I spend too much time on the Internet (mostly Tumblr) and then wonder why the list of books I want to read never gets shorter
5. I'm addicted to podcasts
6. I'm starting college in the fall
7. I love knitting
8. My favorite TV shows are Parks and Recreation, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, and Whose Line is it Anyway
9. I'm related to George Washington
10. I like to draw stuff sometimes
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

You're related to George Washington?????? That's really awesome!! :D
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

1. I'm a Masters Student in Biology now.
2. My Masters work is centered on detecting and measuring water pollution (particularly from human and animal wastes)
3. I've found an online girl friend. She treats me like gold :)
4. I love the Phoenix Wright games.
5. I've recently started catching up on some kids tv shows, like Madeline.
6. I'm a brony.
7. I recently suffered a 2nd degree burn on my right hand.
8. I'm currently trying to get the license to drive... kinda like Eugene in "License to Drive".
9. I know a friend of mine who visited Whit's End as a tourist!
10. I held my first ever piano recital (1 hr piano solo performance) on my own last year.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

One hour piano solo? :shock: You must be good. \:D/ I wish I could have heard you play. ;)
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:One hour piano solo? :shock: You must be good. \:D/ I wish I could have heard you play. ;)
It was a great recital to say the least. I've played classical piano for over a decade, so thanks! \:D/
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

He is AMAZING. He is super talented. =D I'VE SEEN VIDEO PROOF.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Dream Big
Lurker

Post by Dream Big »

10 Things About Me:
1. I'm 15 years old.
2. I want to be an ER doctor when I get older.
3. My favorite subjects are history and science.
4. My favorite genre of books is historical fiction.
5. Some of my hobbies are photography, videography, graphic design, gymnastics, and dance.
6. My favorite AIO episode is Aloha Oy.
7. I would love to travel to Spain someday.
8. My favorite season is Summer.
9. I have 2 siblings
10. My favorite colors are green, orange, and aqua blue.
☆Dream Big

✞The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
-John 1:5
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

NatetheGreat wrote: 1. I enjoy barefoot running. :)
Cool!
NatetheGreat wrote: 4. I currently have more than 500 books marked as "To Read" on Goodreads.com. So much to read, so little time. :?
Cool!
NatetheGreat wrote: 5. I recently deleted my Facebook account. And I couldn't be happier. :D
Cool!
NatetheGreat wrote:
6. I've been sleeping on a board, the floor, or a similar semi-hard surface for several months now, and don't miss my mattress one bit. \:D/
Cool!
NatetheGreat wrote: 8. I literally wrote a Python app to manage my relationships. :oops: (And, yes, it did help with my social anxiety. :lol: )
Cool!
NatetheGreat wrote: 10. I normally do not use this many emoticons. 8-)
Cool!

I get the impression that you're a cool person. :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

@Dream Big: I like photography and graphic design as well. \:D/

1. I've been to Canada.
2. I own all 58 AIO albums plus 10 special/compilation albums.
3. I have officially met 8 ToO'ers in person.
4. I still enjoy photography and looking at a well composed photograph.
5. I love retro/vintage looking things.
6. I realized I really like cyberpunk style. Steampunk is cool.. but not the victorian side of it.. which is basically all of Steampunk. :|
7. I wish I could rock bell bottoms... but I'm too short. =[
8. I own four pairs of Converse All Star shoes. I NEED MORE THOUGH. \:D/
9. Someone told me I have a [slight] Southern accent. :anxious:
10. I like to say I read a lot.. but I really don't.. at all.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

1. I am the author of two books.
2. Margaret Peterson Haddix is my favorite author.
3. I am addicted to Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea.
4. I also love barkTHINS.
5. My ToO sister is more my sister than one of my real sisters. :p
6. I once met a ToOer, but didn't know they were a ToOer at the time.
7. I have used no less than 7 usernames on this site.
8. I am a dedicated Whovian.
9. I am torn between watching Inside Out and Minions, because they come out on the same weekend.
10. My favorite movie is The LEGO Movie.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

Henry Mills wrote:4. I also love barkTHINS.
I LOVE THESE!!!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Moontide wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:2. I really want to learn Haskell. :-k
I have learned a little Haskell. I only have written a Caesar cipher program in it. I didn't pursue it farther because I am mostly interested in simulation/games and Haskell makes that hard.
I hear most everything in Haskell is difficult when you're first starting out...

You might find this video mildly interesting. He talks about his experience porting a game to Haskell.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

NatetheGreat wrote: I hear most everything in Haskell is difficult when you're first starting out...

You might find this video mildly interesting. He talks about his experience porting a game to Haskell.
Haskell does make some things easy. For example, adding 2 to a list of numbers. Sadly, it makes doing interesting things (like printing to the screen) difficult.

That video was interesting. That is a good time to use Haskell. I have never dealt with multiple threads, so I forget about those issues. However, for smaller games, I feel that that much structure is overkill. Haskell seems like it would be valuable for very large projects.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Since everyone's doing these I decided to "Throw my head in the ring" and tell you about myself even though you probably don't want to know about me... :anxious: Heh...Who am I kidding...Of course you want to know about me!!! No??? *sigh* Okay, I'll do it anyway

-I do Gymnastics
-I literally LOVE Mac&Cheese [of all things mac 'n' cheese...I don't know why...]
-Someone once told me that I could be a Circus Freak [These are the times when I wonder about flexibility.]
-I love to cook
-I enjoy giving mani-pedis
-I want to be an Engineer [what type of engineer I'm uncertain]
-I love quotes
-I do NOT like lemon in my water
-I wish I could play the cello
-Last but certainly not least: My biggest pet peeve is when people say stuff with certainty and they're wrong...That's a major turn off for me

So now you know me better than you've ever known me before =D
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

PaulaJarvis wrote:-I literally LOVE Mac&Cheese [of all things mac 'n' cheese...I don't know why...]
Mac and Cheese is da BEST. \:D/ :highfive:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

snubs wrote:
PaulaJarvis wrote:-I literally LOVE Mac&Cheese [of all things mac 'n' cheese...I don't know why...]
Mac and Cheese is da BEST. \:D/ :highfive:
YAY!!! A fellow Mac&Cheese-er :highfive:
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Paula, I read that list of ten things about you and it was interesting and I enjoyed it. I especially liked the part where you put "NOT" in all capitals, like that, as though people have mistakenly thought you liked lemon in your water in the past. I will not make that mistake now. Worry not. Your water is safe with me.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:Paula, I read that list of ten things about you and it was interesting and I enjoyed it. I especially liked the part where you put "NOT" in all capitals, like that, as though people have mistakenly thought you liked lemon in your water in the past. I will not make that mistake now. Worry not. Your water is safe with me.
YAY!! Someone enjoyed it ^_^ Heh...Yeah, my mom actually thought I liked lemons in my water...[I'm going to tell the short story now :anxious: ] So the day before Mother's Day all the gals on my moms side of the family all go downtown for some shopping and we always go to this one restaurant [We have to wait for a long time before they seat us, and I always get...Ummmm...Shall we say "antsy"?] So we got seated and the waiter gave us the water and "lo and behold" the water has lemon slices -_- So my mom started pouring the water, and her being polite, decided to put the lemon slice in my water...I was like, "Ummm, mom...I don't *cough* really like lemons..." And she's like, "Oooh...I didn't know that..." And in my mind I'm like Wut...? Anyway in the end she grabbed the lemon slice and put it in her water. So yah! #BestStoryEver Wow...I now have someone I can trust with my water *dances*
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

10 weird facts:
1. I love mushrooms, tomato sauce, bagels and muffins.
2. I don't like sour cream or mayonnaise.
3. I scare easily
4. I love to make lists, not even just to do lists but random ones like a list of everywhere I've ever slept
5. My coffee order is double cream no sugar
6. My favourite dessert is a nanaimo bar
7. I love sweeping
8. I like Mondays
9. I think of myself as a tree because I don't like to travel.
10. I have a large collection of key chains.

-- Wed May 13, 2015 12:42 pm --

Gold star if anyone can guess based on my list where I am from. I put two clues in there.