Gold Audio Series

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Gold Audio Series

Post by Flyah »

Is there a schedule somewhere for their release? When is the next one due out? Are they going to stop when they get to disc 16 or whichever is the first one that came out on cd or are they going to reissue all sets?

Any info you can provide would be helpful.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Best place I've seen is the AIO Resource List on the official site.

It says that
Gold 12 & 13 - March 06 release
Gold 14 & 15 - Sept 06

-king shasta
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think the next one comes out in March. They are going to stop at album 16. All of the albums that are now on cassette will become a Gold Audio album and then the cassette albums will disappear. FOTF and the AIO team announced recently that all AIO albums, single episodes etc, will only be available on CD.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

the one thing i dont like about the gold series is that if you already had these albums its not worth buying them all over again for one non released episode
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

gracie07 wrote:the one thing i dont like about the gold series is that if you already had these albums its not worth buying them all over again for one non released episode
There are extra behind the scenes features on the albums and sometimes there are episodes in either WMA or MP3 format that have never been on an album before. Also if you own an iPod having the Gold Audio albums makes putting episodes on the iPod alot easier. Plus, CDs do not wear out as fast as tapes do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was listening to one of my AIO tapes the other day, after listening only to CDs for a while, and I was surprised at the terrible sound. I used to only buy the tapes, even though I had a CD player, but I regret that now. I like the Gold Audio because a) some of my old tapes are wearing out, which the new CDs won't do and b) the sound is better. I also like the bonus features, but that would be c), I suppose. ;)
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'm hoping to eventually get all of the Gold Audio albums. While we already have many of the albums, they are mostly on tape and the quality isn't as good. The extra features are just a bonus—the main things I want are the episodes.