Worst Odyssey Episode Ever

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Worst Odyssey Episode Ever

Post by dancer02248 »

I love AIO, so i'm not complaining, but i have to say that the worst episode i've ever heard is Nothing To Fear

i think it was one of the 1st ones so that's an excuse, any others??
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Hehe. Yes, I found the sound quality on that one was quite bad.

I've answered a lot of these kinds of topics over the years. So, I'll change my response a bit. In the post-Novacom era, I'd have to say that the episodes I'd be less likely to re-listen to are:

'Aubrey's Bathrobe'
'My Girl Hallie'
'Fairy Tal-E-Vision'
'The Coolest Dog'

BC
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

dancer02248 wrote:I love AIO, so i'm not complaining, but i have to say that the worst episode i've ever heard is Nothing To Fear

i think it was one of the 1st ones so that's an excuse, any others??
It was the 10th episode.

Idol Minds. The only time I listen to it is when I'm going through the whole list. Fairy Tale-e-vision was also not good.

-Jonathan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I can't think of any offhand, but I didn't like some of the split episodes, and I didn't like the ones with aubrey in them.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Nothing to fear was pretty lame...i can't think of any others right now... but alot of the early eps weren't very good
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Surely, "Fairy Tal-e-vision" does not belong in the same category as "Idol Minds"...

-shasta
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

"The Midnight Ride" is currently my least favorite episode. I know that other fans liked this show, but I can hardly stand to listen to it :(.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

'Aubrey's Bathrobe' its got all my least fav charitors in it
Image [img]
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Someone to Watch Over me. :noway:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

shasta wrote:Surely, "Fairy Tal-e-vision" does not belong in the same category as "Idol Minds"...

-shasta
I don't know what you mean, but the two are my least favorites.

-Jonathan
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

"The Worst Day Ever" My sister played it way to much and now it bugs me.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

"Fairy Tale-vision" and several others that I can't think of right now
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Jonathan wrote:
shasta wrote:Surely, "Fairy Tal-e-vision" does not belong in the same category as "Idol Minds"...

-shasta

-Jonathan
In my humble opinion, "Fairy Tal-e-vision" is certainly one of the worst episodes in the past several years and there was almost nothing redeeming about the show, except it had Jason in it. ;) And while the sound design was certainly top notch, that doesn't forgive a waste of my 25 minutes :). So I have to agree with Jonathan. It may not be as infamous as Idol Minds, but it's down there.

As for episodes I would add to the list, definitely "Between You and Me", "Black Clouds" and nearly every show from the 2000 Spring Season (as well as several from the following Fall). As for shows that aired before the time of mainstream internet, I would probably say "The Secret Weapon", "Peacemaker", anything with Danny Schmidt, and the majority of the first year up until "Family Vacation I & II". Though I can forgive them for those early shows for obvious reasons. Not to mention they have nostalgic value, which is why "Dental Dilemma" is an episode I love.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I love the AIO shows!

But since you asked...

"Fairy Tal-e-Vision" didn't strike me too well when I first heard it but I think I only listened once or twice.
"The Seven Deadly Dwarves" is one that I really dislike. Probably the only good line is about not telling "that dot.com joke" about the Amazons. I prefer "Bethany's Flood" slightly.
"Slumber Party" ranks down there among my least favorites.
"Idol Minds" is odd but it's not totally awful.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

-shasta

-Jonathan
In my humble opinion, "Fairy Tal-e-vision" is certainly one of the worst episodes in the past several years and there was almost nothing redeeming about the show, except it had Jason in it. ;) And while the sound design was certainly top notch, that doesn't forgive a waste of my 25 minutes :). So I have to agree with Jonathan. It may not be as infamous as Idol Minds, but it's down there.

I don't think I have ever heard Idol Minds but, Fairy TV is certainly not one I will listen to when I get the album!! :D
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

What is the matter with Aubrey?
Priscilla

<><
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Monday wrote:Someone to Watch Over me. :noway:
Woah! Are you serious? Hmm.

That episode has always been my favorite. It defines Odyssey, and brought me to a whole new level of Fan when I heard it.

It will always be a classic in my book. It's been #1 in my top Ten List since I first heard it, and after 13 years has not been replaced.

Bennett Charles
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Black Clouds and Fairy Tal-e-vision are the worst in recent history. The worst 2 parter I think ever was No Way Out/No Way In. Some the old two parters are also not very good.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

-shasta

-Jonathan

I don't think I have ever heard Idol Minds but, Fairy TV is certainly not one I will listen to when I get the album!! :D
Idol Minds is in Album 34, but not worth the listen. It borders on sacrelige.

-Jonathan
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I didn't like most of the episodes that Liz or Aubrey were in. I know of some parents who stopped letting their kids listen to Odyssey a few years ago because they thought that the "whiny" "negative attitudes" they heard on the show would have a bad effect on their kids.

I'm also definitely not a fan of Idol Minds.

Bethany was pretty freaking annoying too IMO.

Can't think of a specific least favorite right now though.
Not dead yet.