Chandler's Graphics Design Center!

Grand Re-opening! :D

Have something you'd like to sell? Want to purchase user created goods? This stretch of road is where all the merchants set up shop!
Chandler

Chandler's Graphics Design Center!

Post by Chandler »

ANNOUNCEMENT

As of today, I am no longer taking orders at all. All orders previous to today will still be finished. I apologize for some orders that have taken a long time.

Welcome to Chandler's Graphics Design shop! :D Sit back, relax, and have a look around.

This is the image found under your username whenever you post. In the Town of Odyssey, you
must go to the SHOP area and make a one-time purchase of avatar privileges for $25. Once
you've done that, you have the opportunity for practically anything as your avatar! Pictures of
you, your pets, inventions, people you look up to, random shapes and colors, cool designs, who
you're voting for, or any other creative ideas you can come up with! A selection of avatars I have
already made are available for sale. Also, if you find an avatar for sale that you like, you should
check the Signatures for sale gallery to see if there’s a matching signature! Maximum board settings
are 100x100 pixels in image size and 100 KB file size.

Signatures
This is included at the end of your posts. In the Town of Odyssey, you must go to the SHOP area
and make a one-time purchase of signatures privileges for $125. Your signature might only have
text in it, or you might choose to add one image to express yourself, advertise a shop, show your
support during an election, or display something that you find just plain cool! Some signatures
that I have already made are available for sale--stop by from time to time to see any new ones!
Also available are pre-made signatures with no text on them, found in the "Text-optional
Backgrounds" category. They can be purchased as-is or customized upon request. Or, if the
samples do have text, it's merely as an example of what I can add if you buy it with text. If you
don't want any text, just the main image will be given. Another category of signatures for sale
must be purchased with the text, but it will be customized for you. Even if it says "Nigel" on it
right now. Those signatures are found in the "Customized Text Signatures" section. Maximum board
settings are 1 image, 100x400 pixels in size, and 80 KB file size.

Logos
Have you ever needed a neat design to use a for a project of yours? Contact me via PM to
discuss what will fit your needs. A simple image to be used in the corner of your products, a
recurring image to bolster your signatures and avatars advertising an election or shop or radio
station or any other creative project you bring to Odyssey, a large sign for your project or
business, and anything else that you can think of!

Elections
In past elections on the Town of Odyssey I have done extensive work for some campaigns. This
is a service that I continue to offer and I am constantly looking for ways to improve. Every
campaign is unique so the needs will be different. We'll discuss your situation individually and
decide what will work best for you. In the future I may develop some templates and themes for
people to choose from. I also may develop some package deals to sell. Check back for further
updates!

Special Orders
I have sometimes been given special orders that don't fit into any of the categories that I've
already talked about. That's no problem! I've enjoyed special orders in the past and I look
forward to receiving some in the future!

Auctions
Sometimes Nigel's Graphics Design Center hosts auctions in order to raise money. All the
auctions are created to support a charity. The items being sold in the auction may or may not
have been made by me. Read the auction thread for those details. Some auctions offer seasonal
items, such as Christmas stuff. Be sure to watch for any auctions that may be happening!

Your Order
Q. I want to see samples of you work. Where do I look?
A. Click here for my Photobucket account. Ignore the stuff on the first page. That's my storage
space for stuff that I didn't make. You'll see headings like "Art Gallery," "Auctions Gallery,"
"Avatars Gallery," and so on sitting there. Clicking on one of them will take you to the sub-album
with that name. Skip the "Art Gallery" and "Graphics Design Center" albums--they just hold the
graphics I use for my shop and art gallery. Trust me, the graphics look nicer in the threads. My
Photobucket account is open to the public so you can look around the entire place. Be sure to
check out all the sub-albums! Some of them can blend in pretty well.

Q. I looked at your Elections Gallery and you only have one item in there! Will you be getting
more?

A. See, you didn't pay attention to the first question and you missed the sub-albums! You're right,
the Elections Gallery only has one item in there--it's the only election item ever ordered from me
where I didn't find out which campaign it was for. So there it sits. But everything else is in its
properly labeled sub-album. Look for names like "Top-EB" and "Mellow-Elf." Those are the sub-
albums you need to click on!

Q. When I was looking at the Mellow-Elf album I noticed that some of the signatures you
made during their campaign are missing! Why aren't they there?

A. I have my Photobucket account set to display the maximum amount of images per page (40)
but if there's more than that in the album, why, it has to have another page! Look at the bottom
for page numbers so you can click to get to the next page. If you still don't find what you're
looking for then sorry, it was deleted from the account.

Q. How do I go about ordering something?
A. Either by posting in this thread or by sending me a PM here.

Q. I just bought something from your shop. Is there anything I should do with it?
A. First, you should download it so you always have a copy yourself. I try to keep copies of all my
work but I can't ever guarantee anything. Second, I strongly suggest that you upload the image
onto your own web space before using it. While I normally keep items in my Photobucket account,
it is possible that your item may be deleted, either accidentally or because of space issues. More
likely, I may move or rename the album it's in. That will break the direct link to it and it might
just disappear one day! So please use your own copy!

Q. I downloaded my image like you suggested, but I don't have a website I can host it on.
What do I do?

A. If you don't want to pay for a website then try a free service. I use Photobucket. Other people
use sites like Image Cave or Image Shack. Other members on this board can suggest even more if
none of those 3 sites works for you. It would be wise to check out each site and read their
particulars to see what's best for you. Maximum file size of your images, overall storage space,
age limitations (if you're too young, talk to your parents), total bandwidth, storage methods, view
options, and site dependability are just a few things to consider. You can ask around to see what
people are most contented with. I like Photobucket but that may not be the best option for you.
[You can visit the three sites I talked about by clicking on their names in my post.]

Q. When do I pay you?
A. Preferrably as soon as possible. You may pay me when you place your order. If, for some
reason, I can't fill your order, I will send your money back. You may also pay me when I send you
your order. All I ask is that you pay me promptly and don't put me off, try to pay less, or assume
that I won't pursue it if you don't pay me a small amount like $5. As a matter of principle, I will
pursue problems with Shadowpaw who has the ability to confirm any payments that are made. So
far I haven't had any problems with the people here and I'd like to keep it that way!

Q. I purchased an item in your shop. How do I add it to my profile or in my thread?
A. To add something to your profile, got to your PROFILE found in the banner at the top of the
Town of Odyssey. For an avatar, visit the AVATAR section and find the area that says "upload from
URL." In that box, you'll paste the link to your avatar and then you'll click to update your profile!
For a signature, find the signature box area in your profile where you can type your text. In there,
you'll put the link to your image in between image tags, like this--[img]enter%20link%20here[/img]. To add
an image to a thread, use the same image tags like you'd use in your signature.

Q. I really like an avatar, etc. that I saw in your gallery. May I buy it?
A. If it is in a FOR SALE section, then sure! If not, then it has already been sold to someone else.
Ask me about making you a customized item instead.

Q. If I buy something from you, is it possible that you'll sell it to someone else?
A. Probably not. I try to give everyone unique items. In a special request, I might PM you and ask
if it's okay to sell it to someone else, but that's unlikely to happen (it hasn't yet). It is possible
that elements may be borrowed or that your item might be reworked and sold to someone else,
especially if it's from an election campaign. The only exception would be wallpaper. If it's a
single image item then I'll sell it as many times as people want to by it. If it's custom-designed
then, depending on the nature of the image, it may be uniquely yours.

Q. I want to buy something that you've already sold someone else. May I?
A. First, congratulations on the good grammar. If one person requests a Chevy logo avatar and I
make it for them, then I won't sell that exact same item to you. I may rework it or make
something similar if you want. Or, if you are madly in love with something that's already been sold
then, in special circumstances, I might see if the original buyer will approve your purchase.

Q. I saw a cool picture in your Wallpaper for Sale gallery but it said "sample" all over it. Does
it come that way if I buy it?

A. Of course not! If someone used an avatar or signature without buying it first, it would be
pretty obvious. But wallpaper is a different story. The images of wallpaper for sale will have
distracting words or patterns on them to remind people to be honest and pay before using.

Q. I found a pre-made logo that I want to buy but it says the wrong name on it! Can you
change it?

A. Indeed! Items with specific names on them that are for sale are always meant to be
customized when someone purchases it. Don't worry if the logo you like says "Talk 41.1" on it.
I'll change it. The same goes for signatures for sale that say "Nigel" in them. It's basically
a placeholder to give you the idea of how it's going to look!

Q. What if I can't decide what I want?
A. Then you'll have to let me decide!

Q. Will you do my election campaign even if you don't vote for me?
A. Sure! My business is separate from my political views. I try to do my best no matter who hires
me.

Q. I've got an agenda against someone. Will you make a signature or banner blasting them?
A. No! I don't do anything that I consider to be rude, mean, repugnant, or immoral.

Q. I want an avatar/signature with my face, etc. on it. Can you do that?
A. Just send me your picture and I will!

Q. If I want you to make something that has a picture of a flower, Jeremy Camp, a muskrat,
Snow White, a killer robot, or Nicholas Copernicus on it, will you do it?

A. Absolutely. In some cases, I may have the picture on hand. In other cases, I might have to go
find one maybe by using Google images or something like that. Finally, I may have to ask you to
provide the image yourself.

Q. What program did you use to make your stuff?
A. Most likely Adobe Photoshop. That is the program I use almost exclusively when doing graphics
design. I've also got over 1,000 fonts on my computer.

Q. Did you ever use pictures you take yourself?
A. Yes, I do! Photography is a hobby of mine so it's not uncommon for some of my own photos to
sneak into my work.

Q. What camera do you use?
A. This is getting a little off-topic, but I use a Canon PowerShot S2 IS.

Q. I've made some stuff that I'd like to sell in an auction to support my favorite charity.
Will you host it?

A. Just send me a PM here and we'll see about getting one scheduled!

Q. Will you make stuff for an auction to support my charity?
A. Send me a PM here and give me the details. I'll check my schedule and see if I can do the work
in time.

Q. I bought something made by someone else in an auction and now it has disappeared! What
should I do?

A. Pull your hair and scream! As I've already said, you should always download the items you've
bought right away. That way you are a lot less likely to lose them. I also suggest you load them
up on your own web space so that you don't have to be inconvenienced if something happens to
the original item. I am not responsible if someone else's item disappears. First, you should go ask
the person who made it and hope they still have it! Second, you can ask me about it--I may have
a backup, but I also may not. So try to prevent this from happening!

Q. The shop down the street offers stuff cheaper or for free. Why don't you?
A. I love designing stuff! That's why I make things without even having an order. However,
because it also takes me a lot of time, it's only fair that I ask for some minimal compensation for
the work. I'll let my work speak for itself and I hope you'll like it enough to give me your business!

Regular--------$5 each
Signatures
"No text"--------$8 each
Regular--------$10 each
Logos
100x100------$5 each
400x100------$10 each
600x150------$15 each
Odd-sized logos will be rounded to the closest size
Elections
Normal prices apply. Check back for special offers.
Special Orders
Prices will be decided case by case.
Auctions
Prices at auctions will vary. The minimum starting bid covers the costs of the graphics designer(s).
Last edited by Chandler on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 23 times in total.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Wow, Chandler! I love the sleek design of your shop! I will definetly be coming here to get some matching graphics when I am finished with my current signature and avatar. :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It's awesomeness, as EK would say..

Do you have a regular screen resolution for the wallpapers?
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, Chandler, your organization is amazing! \:D/ It looks wonderful!

I would love a matching sig and avatar with Jack Hudson from "Sue Thomas FBEye" - if the pictures are of Yannick Bisson, the actor who plays him, instead of him being Jack, that's fine too! :D

I do have some pictures that I could provide you the links to if you want - let me know! I'm sure that whatever you do will be great! :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think you've inspired me, I feel like working on images and stuff.. *gos off to copy Chandler..* :-
...I hate marquees.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

WOw, Chandler. What a gorgeous shop! (Gorgeous fonts, galleries, siggies.) *is in awe of Chandler's mad graphics skills* :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

AIOFan11 wrote:Wow, Chandler! I love the sleek design of your shop! I will definetly be coming here to get some matching graphics when I am finished with my current signature and avatar. :D
Thanks. :) I look forward to doing business with you!
J-man wrote:It's awesomeness, as EK would say..

I hope I'm not using confusing terminology here. :anxious: "Resolution" means 2 different things to me but when I talk about it in my first post, I'm talking about what you have your monitor set at. The one I'm on right now is 1280x1024. That's smaller than the pictures I take with my camera so it's easy to shrink them. I don't get to experiment much with computer screens so I hope images that look great at my resolution would also look good at a higher one. If someone's resolution is higher than a photo I have, I'll just have to stick a border around it. If it's a custom-designed image there's no problem because I can make it any resolution I want. So if I'm understanding your question correctly, no, I don't have a regular size. I'll just deal with the images I have. If they come from my camera, they're probably 2592x1944 in their original state. If someone's computer is only 800x640 then I just shrink it. I wish I had some good way of indicating how large the original being represented in my Photobucket account it. I will likely shrink the samples to make them more manageable for most people and/or because I need a small enough file size to load it on there. The lone image in there right now is 2592x1944 in its originality because I did take that with my camera.

Yikes, I don't know if any of that made sense! :anxious: I'm all over the map. That's what I get for typing this at 2:20 in the morning. #-o

(If I totally misunderstood and you're asking about the resolution of the images, then my camera's default is 180 but otherwise things will also vary.)
Catspaw wrote:Wow, Chandler, your organization is amazing! \:D/ It looks wonderful!
Thanks! :D It took some time to get it looking so organized.
Catspaw wrote:I would love a matching sig and avatar with Jack Hudson from "Sue Thomas FBEye" - if the pictures are of Yannick Bisson, the actor who plays him, instead of him being Jack, that's fine too! :D

I do have some pictures that I could provide you the links to if you want - let me know! I'm sure that whatever you do will be great! :D
Sure thing! \:D/ Go ahead and give me the links--doesn't hurt to know what my options are. I'll decide if I want to use them or not. ;)

His real name is Yannick? :anxious:
J-man wrote:I think you've inspired me, I feel like working on images and stuff.. *gos off to copy Chandler..* :-
Heh... go ahead and copy all you want! :lol: I don't mind inspiring people to achieve! :)
Frank wrote:WOw, Chandler. What a gorgeous shop! (Gorgeous fonts, galleries, siggies.) *is in awe of Chandler's mad graphics skills* :D
Why thank you! O:) You have some rather nice skills yourself... I saw them on your website! =D>
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Chandler, I am going to get a new signature, and avatar set from you. I am not sure what the picture should be, though. What do you think would look good on me? :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Chandler wrote:
J-man wrote:It's awesomeness, as EK would say..

I hope I'm not using confusing terminology here. :anxious: "Resolution" means 2 different things to me but when I talk about it in my first post, I'm talking about what you have your monitor set at. The one I'm on right now is 1280x1024. That's smaller than the pictures I take with my camera so it's easy to shrink them. I don't get to experiment much with computer screens so I hope images that look great at my resolution would also look good at a higher one. If someone's resolution is higher than a photo I have, I'll just have to stick a border around it. If it's a custom-designed image there's no problem because I can make it any resolution I want. So if I'm understanding your question correctly, no, I don't have a regular size. I'll just deal with the images I have. If they come from my camera, they're probably 2592x1944 in their original state. If someone's computer is only 800x640 then I just shrink it. I wish I had some good way of indicating how large the original being represented in my Photobucket account it. I will likely shrink the samples to make them more manageable for most people and/or because I need a small enough file size to load it on there. The lone image in there right now is 2592x1944 in its originality because I did take that with my camera.

Yikes, I don't know if any of that made sense! :anxious: I'm all over the map. That's what I get for typing this at 2:20 in the morning. #-o

(If I totally misunderstood and you're asking about the resolution of the images, then my camera's default is 180 but otherwise things will also vary.)
lol, I meant what you have your moniter set at. Mine is 1024x768 and I was wondering if you have a size that you always make. From your post, I see you don't.
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler, I certainly hope that you weren't insulting the name of an actor that both CA and I like! :noway: That would be a very bad move. :x

Here are links to some pics! If you don't want to use these, more are definitely available through Google, since that's how I found a bunch of mine. ;)

Jack
Jack (I think - maybe YB in something else)
Jack again!
YB - this is the one that EK (I think) used for my old Jack sig
YB
YB as a guest actor on some show I never watch
YB in some older show I had never heard of

I hope that's good, Chandler! :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Catspaw wrote:Chandler, I certainly hope that you weren't insulting the name of an actor that both CA and I like! :noway: That would be a very bad move. :x
I like him too! (atleast in Sue Thomas FBeye I do...considering I have never seen him on any other show!)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

AIOFan11 wrote:Chandler, I am going to get a new signature, and avatar set from you. I am not sure what the picture should be, though. What do you think would look good on me? :D
I'll make you something. :)
J-man wrote:lol, I meant what you have your moniter set at. Mine is 1024x768 and I was wondering if you have a size that you always make. From your post, I see you don't.
Haha, yeah. My monitor is 1280x1024 but some people have higher resolutions than that so I can and will make things larger. O:)
Catspaw wrote:Chandler, I certainly hope that you weren't insulting the name of an actor that both CA and I like! :noway: That would be a very bad move. :x
Oh no! Never! :pray:
Catspaw wrote:Here are links to some pics! If you don't want to use these, more are definitely available through Google, since that's how I found a bunch of mine. ;)

I hope that's good, Chandler! :D
Thanks!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Thanks, Chandler! A set would be great.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

He's pretty good-looking. :inlove: This one above always makes me think of Michael Whittaker Smith. :anxious:
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Chandler could I have a sig for my hockey contest with a link to it and a picture on it of Jarome Iginla?

Thanks!
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
He's pretty good-looking. :inlove: This one above always makes me think of Michael Whittaker Smith. :anxious:
He is dreadfully good-looking, isn't he? :inlove: I'm not really getting the MWS resemblance, other than how they both look too good for their ages ;) but whatever.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

For MissAIOfan11! :D

Image Image

That'll be $15.
Bmuntz wrote:Chandler could I have a sig for my hockey contest with a link to it and a picture on it of Jarome Iginla?

Thanks!
Sure thing! \:D/
Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:
He is dreadfully good-looking, isn't he? :inlove: I'm not really getting the MWS resemblance, other than how they both look too good for their ages ;) but whatever.
I didn't say they were dead-ringers for each other. ;) (Think Shadowpaw and SCC!) But it's something about the pose... and maybe the smile...
http://www.ccmtexte.de/rezis/images/artists/mws2.jpg
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Yeah! Very nice! I am going to send that money your way right now...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:
I didn't say they were dead-ringers for each other. ;) (Think Shadowpaw and SCC!) But it's something about the pose... and maybe the smile...
http://www.ccmtexte.de/rezis/images/artists/mws2.jpg
With that picture, I can see what you mean more. But I think that Shadowpaw and SCC look more alike than MWS and YB. ;)

I love AIOfan11's new stuff! That is sooo nice, Chandler! (And people will be happy because soon we won't match so much any more, as fun as it's been). ;)
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

It's the smile and the eyes that make him look like MWS. :inlove:
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.