Connie and Mitch

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will Connie and Mitch get married

Yes!
24%
No!
59%
Maybe!
18%

Total votes: 34

popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Connie and Mitch

Post by popcornqu33n »

Leave your comments......
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt it. I think we've heard the last of Master Robert Mitchell when AIO moved him to Hungary. Connie and Mitch themselves seem to put the issue to rest in Something Blue. While they do have some stuff in common, in reality they have marked personality differences.

It would require a lot of hassle for the AIO writers to resurrect the Mitch and Connie storyline. Mitch is off in Hungary, Connie is settling back down in Odyssey, and the chance of rehashing the relationship is (hopefully) slim.

Personally, I hope AIO maintains the status quo. Their relationship was a bit of a headache for me.

Cheerio
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I hope they do not get married. I hated the way Connie acted when she was dating Mitch. Connie is easier to listen to when she is single.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And when the writers use her character as it should be. Why are we even considering this? The issue was killed in Something Blue, and may it stay that way.

-Jonathan
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

hey will not get married. Mitch is gone and for maybe for good. And Fans for the most part would be very ticked off.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Why doesn't anyone like Mitch? I wish they would get married.
*ducks to avoid the hurling of rotten tomatoes from angry protesters*
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Hmmnmm... *rubs chin* don't you think that's a bit of a spoiler, Dr. Watson, for those who have not gotten there yet?

That's just my opinion...

That being said (I like contradicting myself)...
I personally liked Mitch, and I thought he seemed pretty cute... But In a way, I'm sort of glad he moved. Don't ask me why... :shrugs:

Sarah
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote:Why doesn't anyone like Mitch? I wish they would get married.
I love Mitch too! *Goes and signal's for Frank to follow her, then leads her to an out of the way area and starts talking about Mitch*
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Frank wrote:Why doesn't anyone like Mitch? I wish they would get married.
I love Mitch too! *Goes and signal's for Frank to follow her, then leads her to an out of the way area and starts talking about Mitch*
To answer you question Frank, I took an exceprt of a post I made earlier:
At the TH I wrote:The C&M storyline bugged me for many reasons. 1. They threw out 13 years of developing the character of Connie. She acted very odd, even for Connie. If Paul or Phil were writting the storyline (and both know how to write classic characters better than anyone) it would've sounded better. Connie would've sounded like, gee, Connie, not some immature teenager with an immature crush. In fact, that was the only thing that bothered me about Exit, was how Connie acted how, um, words escape me, when Mitch 'rescued' her. 2. It did not set a good example to people what a Christian relationship should be in the dating context. How many years of that storyline did we go through before we heard anything about God's will? Four? 3. How it started. That first scene. I got the impression that the focus, and what Connie was acting on since it was what she first noticed, was his looks. I'll admit, the point was made that he's good looking. But if good looking folks are the only ones to date or anything like that, I'm in trouble ;) Not to mention how ditzy she acted. 4. How the fans were toyed with. How many times did Mitch propose? Secrets. Was that ep necessary? As Phil Lollar said, "This isn't 'Soap Opera in Odyssey'".

Speaking of soap opera type storylines, that brings me to Mitch's death. If he had stayed dead, I wouldn't have had a problem. If we had known he was in the Witness Protection Program and Connie and Whit and the gang didn't know, but we did. But we didn't. Our emotions were toyed with. We went through so many terrific scenes of Connie mourning, only to have them trivialized by a cheap soap opera type trick.
When you get right down to it, I don't feel Focus was setting a good example in any sense of the word as to what a Christian dating relationship should be, and I was disappointed. I'm also overjoyed that he's gone.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am very happy that Mitch is gone and as far as I am concerned, he can stay gone. Connie is alot easier to listen to when she is not dating or about to walk down the aisle.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I liked Mitch as a person, but I am glad he is gone. Connie was not really herself when they were dating. I think Connie is much better single than she would ever be if she was married.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*asks to join the Mitch-isn't-evil fanclub*

I kind of liked Mitch! :anxious: I agree that Connie and Mitch's relationship was not dealt with in the best possible manner, but that doesn't mean that Mitch was evil, or that Connie is a total ditz, or that there is no chance that they could ever have a relationship in the future. And, technically, it is this spring that Mitch's two years of training in Budapest will be over. \:D/

I would like it if Mitch came back for at least a brief visit. Maybe it could even involve mentioning some of the bad ways that their relationship was dealt with. Now they have both had time to reflect on their relationship, they could have a conversation about how they're sorry that they didn't handle this situaiton correctly, or that they behaved in that dumb way, and stuff like that. Then there could be the possibility of a future relationship with a better, more mature Christian foundation, or the opportunity for Mitch to disappear forever, and for Connie to be wiser whenever she enters a different romantic relationship.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:I would like it if Mitch came back for at least a brief visit. Maybe it could even involve mentioning some of the bad ways that their relationship was dealt with. Now they have both had time to reflect on their relationship, they could have a conversation about how they're sorry that they didn't handle this situaiton correctly, or that they behaved in that dumb way, and stuff like that.
I just changed my mind; Mitch can come back for one episode so what you wrote can happen, then he can leave forever.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:*asks to join the Mitch-isn't-evil fanclub*
You could start you own faction. ;)
Catspaw wrote:I kind of liked Mitch! :anxious: I agree that Connie and Mitch's relationship was not dealt with in the best possible manner, but that doesn't mean that Mitch was evil, or that Connie is a total ditz, or that there is no chance that they could ever have a relationship in the future. And, technically, it is this spring that Mitch's two years of training in Budapest will be over. \:D/
I’ll take it further and say that I liked the character of Mitch. :) I didn’t like his entanglement with Connie but his character otherwise was fine.
Catspaw wrote:I would like it if Mitch came back for at least a brief visit. Maybe it could even involve mentioning some of the bad ways that their relationship was dealt with. Now they have both had time to reflect on their relationship, they could have a conversation about how they're sorry that they didn't handle this situaiton correctly, or that they behaved in that dumb way, and stuff like that. Then there could be the possibility of a future relationship with a better, more mature Christian foundation, or the opportunity for Mitch to disappear forever, and for Connie to be wiser whenever she enters a different romantic relationship.
Hmm... that might be nice but it might also open old wounds that’d be better left alone. And I’m not referring to Connie... I mean all the fans who’d listen to the show.
Sarah wrote:I personally liked Mitch, and I thought he seemed pretty cute... But In a way, I'm sort of glad he moved. Don't ask me why... :shrugs:
A couple of suggestions...
Connie would be different if she married. Maybe you wanted her to remain single for now and possibly attend college.
The writers made Mitch more uncaring and stuff so that more fans would support his leaving the show. EVERYONE would be calling for their heads if Mitch was the perfect guy and Connie just stupidly showed him the door because she couldn’t make up her mind.

I voted “no” in the poll. I don’t think they’ll have Mitch and Connie marry. We can hope that we’ll be spared another Eugene and Katrina drama. :anxious:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I really don't think that they will get married. Mitch could possibly come back, and he and Connie could even be casual friends, but I seriously doubt the possiblity of them getting married now.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:I’ll take it further and say that I liked the character of Mitch. :) I didn’t like his entanglement with Connie but his character otherwise was fine.
As did I. Of course, since most of the time he was with Connie, I have a hard time 'liking him' for who he was.
Chandler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I would like it if Mitch came back for at least a brief visit. Maybe it could even involve mentioning some of the bad ways that their relationship was dealt with. Now they have both had time to reflect on their relationship, they could have a conversation about how they're sorry that they didn't handle this situaiton correctly, or that they behaved in that dumb way, and stuff like that. Then there could be the possibility of a future relationship with a better, more mature Christian foundation, or the opportunity for Mitch to disappear forever, and for Connie to be wiser whenever she enters a different romantic relationship.
Hmm... that might be nice but it might also open old wounds that’d be better left alone. And I’m not referring to Connie... I mean all the fans who’d listen to the show.
I agree with you if you are talking about a permament return and the possibility of another relationship, a more mature one. That wouldn't be fair to the fans. However, what Catspaw said in the first part of that post I think is a great idea. Have him visit for one episode and have the two characters admit how brainless they acted.
Chandler wrote:The writers made Mitch more uncaring and stuff so that more fans would support his leaving the show. EVERYONE would be calling for their heads if Mitch was the perfect guy and Connie just stupidly showed him the door because she couldn’t make up her mind.
I wouldn't have been calling for their heads ;) Actually, I would've perfered it if Mitch had stayed caring, but the two characters broke up anyways. By doing what they did they twisted Mitch's character into something he wasn't really, and made him seem like the 'bad guy', and it really wasn't addressed. Plus, it didn't fit his character as we had known him for the past several years.
Chandler wrote:We can hope that we’ll be spared another Eugene and Katrina drama. :anxious:
While I do certainly agree that we don't need that again, I liked how their relationship progressed. It seemed very real in many ways.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:As did I. Of course, since most of the time he was with Connie, I have a hard time 'liking him' for who he was.
I always thought Mitch was kind of stupid for falling for Connie. :)
Jonathan wrote:I agree with you if you are talking about a permament return and the possibility of another relationship, a more mature one. That wouldn't be fair to the fans. However, what Catspaw said in the first part of that post I think is a great idea. Have him visit for one episode and have the two characters admit how brainless they acted.
If it’s only to discuss how silly they were to think they were interested in each other. ;) I was afraid it’d be more like that show where Connie thought her parents were getting back together... Mitch comes to town and Connie gets swept off her feet again only to realize that they won’t get back together. Spare me that kind of show. =;
Jonathan wrote:I wouldn't have been calling for their heads ;) Actually, I would've perfered it if Mitch had stayed caring, but the two characters broke up anyways. By doing what they did they twisted Mitch's character into something he wasn't really, and made him seem like the 'bad guy', and it really wasn't addressed. Plus, it didn't fit his character as we had known him for the past several years.
Yes, you called my exaggeration. :lol: Thanks for keeping me in line. Truthfully I believe many more people would’ve been upset by the breakup had Mitch remained “perfect” in the eyes of the fans. You are exactly right that they twisted Mitch’s character and that’s why I say the writers did it purposely. Why should they do that unless they were trying to smooth Mitch’s exit?
Jonathan wrote:While I do certainly agree that we don't need that again, I liked how their relationship progressed. It seemed very real in many ways.
I’m not complaining about Eugene and Katrina’s relationship. I just don’t want another one. Connie and Mitch broke up. I don’t want them getting together again down the road. Eugene and Katrina broke up and ended up getting together. If Connie and Mitch follow that it will only confirm AIO’s reputation as a sitcom. Actually I wanted Connie and Mitch to get married because of what they put us through... Mitch’s “death,” Connie’s weeping, Mitch’s return, Connie and Mitch going around and around... ](*,) It’s all the worse listening to it now knowing that it didn’t even lead anywhere.

Thank you for your response Jonathan. :) You help keep me on my toes and make sure that I mean what I say. :lol:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I wouldn't have been calling for their heads ;) Actually, I would've perfered it if Mitch had stayed caring, but the two characters broke up anyways. By doing what they did they twisted Mitch's character into something he wasn't really, and made him seem like the 'bad guy', and it really wasn't addressed. Plus, it didn't fit his character as we had known him for the past several years.
Yes, you called my exaggeration. :lol: Thanks for keeping me in line. Truthfully I believe many more people would’ve been upset by the breakup had Mitch remained “perfect” in the eyes of the fans. You are exactly right that they twisted Mitch’s character and that’s why I say the writers did it purposely. Why should they do that unless they were trying to smooth Mitch’s exit?
I didn't mean to call your exaggeration. I was just saying the relationship ended, I'm happy either way it happened.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:I’ll take it further and say that I liked the character of Mitch. :) I didn’t like his entanglement with Connie but his character otherwise was fine.
As did I. Of course, since most of the time he was with Connie, I have a hard time 'liking him' for who he was.
You beat me to it. When in a FBI context, he is even a great character. Let him get around Connie though, and *shudder*.
chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

I don't know what will happen with those two. However, Mitch must make some sort of appearance again. It would be silly for him not to!