Connie and Mitch

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will Connie and Mitch get married

Yes!
24%
No!
59%
Maybe!
18%

Total votes: 34

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

chexfan2000 wrote:I don't know what will happen with those two. However, Mitch must make some sort of appearance again. It would be silly for him not to!
And why is that? At least they gave a reason for his character leaving. With other characters, we haven't been as fortunate (Lucy, Jack Davis, Isaac, Sam, Jessie).

-Jonathan
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

Hey, i want mitch to come bake i thougth connie was cute with him around and i thoguth he had a cute personallity. it got on my nearves how he was a workaholic

BETTY SUe
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

popcornqu33n wrote:Hey, i want mitch to come bake i thougth connie was cute with him around and i thoguth he had a cute personallity. it got on my nearves how he was a workaholic

BETTY SUe
Connie was cute around him-now there's an interesting comment. It makes me wonder how many eps with Connie you've heard. Trust me on this one, she wasn't acting like her.

-Jonathan
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I think Mitch should get wounded in an FBI-related fight-- maybe Connie even rescues him. Then he would have to get a desk office or maybe go into something like homicide investigation. That way he could have an interesting job and Connie wouldn't be so worried.
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

Jonathan wrote:
popcornqu33n wrote:Hey, i want mitch to come bake i thougth connie was cute with him around and i thoguth he had a cute personallity. it got on my nearves how he was a workaholic

BETTY SUe
Connie was cute around him-now there's an interesting comment. It makes me wonder how many eps with Connie you've heard. Trust me on this one, she wasn't acting like her.

-Jonathan
Whatever i have heard most eps of connie and mitch . why would i say that if i hadn't. she was "in love" and when u are in love u don't act like u do when u are fighting with eugeen or when u are working at whits end and searving world famouse chochoalte sodas. i would like to say however i did think mitch was a little cheesey but i enjoyed the eps of mitch and connie!!!
will anyone back me up (please aiofan11)(mybff) (who likes mitch too)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

popcornqu33n wrote:she was "in love" and when u are in love u don't act like u do when u are fighting with eugeen or when u are working at whits end and searving world famouse chochoalte sodas.
Just b/c you are in love doesn't mean you start acting really ditzy. My parents are in love, and they are some of the wisest most level headed people I've ever met. Connie was in love in ep 111, and she certainly didn't act like the way she did around Mitch.

Since neither of us are going to change our minds and since I really don't want to debate this with you, lets agree to disagree.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I don't mean to change the matter on hand, but I recently listened to "Between You and Me." While it was humorous and had a good Christian message, it reminded me how much I disliked the relationship between Connie and Mitch. Sure, it was nice for a while, but 'seeing' Connie act the way she did over the guy was downright vexatious. ](*,)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm not a big fan of "Between You and Me" for that reason. Connie and Mitch are nuts and Bernard isn't funny. :(
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Chandler wrote:I'm not a big fan of "Between You and Me" for that reason. Connie and Mitch are nuts and Bernard isn't funny. :(
In some odd way I agree with you. It was a little bit off. (But every now and then you get one of those "off" eps.)
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

You know, I was thinking about something... Did we ever find out if Mitch was a Christian or not? The thing that bothered me the most was that they didn't even deal with the whole "the worst part was, he wasn't a Christian when he died" and how Connie didn't even think of wether or not they would be equally yoked. I don't know, maybe someone posted this already, but it has just been bugging me for a while.

Does anyone see it that way?

Sarah
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I always thought that Mitch was a Christian. Didn't they talk about it during the memorial service at the end of Plan B, part 4? He was with Connie at the Tuesday night Bible study in Between You and Me.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Laurie wrote:I always thought that Mitch was a Christian. Didn't they talk about it during the memorial service at the end of Plan B, part 4? He was with Connie at the Tuesday night Bible study in Between You and Me.
Hmm, true. And Connie did say "He was going to teach the fifth grader's sunday school with me"... but I'm still not so sure. *shrug*

Sarah
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got the impression right from Green Eyes, Yellow Tulips that Mitch was a Christian. He goes to church with Jack and Joanne, he wants to teach Sunday School...they may not have made a direct statement, but the implication of his actions was that he was a Christian. Besides, Whit would have had a serious discusion with Connie at some point if she was getting emotionally close to a non-Christian.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Mitch is clearly a Christian in several instances of the show. Why would his gravestone say "Robert Mitchell with his King" if he wasn't? :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:I got the impression right from Green Eyes, Yellow Tulips that Mitch was a Christian. He goes to church with Jack and Joanne, he wants to teach Sunday School...they may not have made a direct statement, but the implication of his actions was that he was a Christian. Besides, Whit would have had a serious discusion with Connie at some point if she was getting emotionally close to a non-Christian.
B/C of that, yes, I do believe he was a Christian.

However, Sarah brings up a good point, and it is one I've argued many times; the storyline lacked spiritual context, and considering what the storyline was, that disturbed me. Other then that first episode, we really didn't hear about God and his will and them praying about their relationship until Something Blue.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:However, Sarah brings up a good point, and it is one I've argued many times; the storyline lacked spiritual context, and considering what the storyline was, that disturbed me. Other then that first episode, we really didn't hear about God and His will and them praying about their relationship until Something Blue.
:-k That's something I hadn't thought about... if people aren't even sure that Mitch is a Christian how does that reflect on the content of the shows?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:However, Sarah brings up a good point, and it is one I've argued many times; the storyline lacked spiritual context, and considering what the storyline was, that disturbed me. Other then that first episode, we really didn't hear about God and His will and them praying about their relationship until Something Blue.
:-k That's something I hadn't thought about... if people aren't even sure that Mitch is a Christian how does that reflect on the content of the shows?
And my point is proven yet again :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:And my point is proven yet again :)
What would you do if there weren't point-provers around here to help you out? :o
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I want them to get married, but I highly doubt that they will. I got really exited when they got engaged, but was disappointed when they disengaged.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Maybe Mitch will get shot...I don't think their gonna get married.