Eugene's back... Now what?

What do you want Eugene to do now that he's back in Odyssey?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Deader than a drowned rat. "The car crashed through the railing and sank in the water below."
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Characters can always survive in some way. Just like Blackgaard survived the fire in the Battle.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

There are two things wrong with your arguement. 1.-Donovan confirmed it was Mustafa in the car. His body was found. He's dead. 2.-Whit said according to the police Dr. Blackgaard's remains were not found in the burnt out Blackgaards Castle, "so we can only assume he got away".

-Jonathan
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I would LOVE to hear Harlow and Wooten together in an ep!!! Man, that would be so great! Oh man, I've got an even better idea! Have Wooten and Harlow playing Powerboy together! :rofl2: :lolsign: :lol:
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I want everything to get back to normal before anything big happens. I would like Eugene to pick up where he left off before Novacom, except for being married to Katrina, of course.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugene should definitely get a job at Campbell College that befits his level of education. He could still work part-time for Whit doing technical stuff, and giving him an excuse to hang out at Whit's End, but he's too old and too educated and has too many responsibilities to be a busboy all his life. He could do more research projects, or work on a technological break-through, or be some form of educational assisstant kind of person, but he can't just hang around Whit's End.

It would be nice if Katrina went back to Holstein's Books! She seemed to like working there, and that way we could hear from Fred Holstein again!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:Eugene should definitely get a job at Campbell College that befits his level of education. He could still work part-time for Whit doing technical stuff, and giving him an excuse to hang out at Whit's End, but he's too old and too educated and has too many responsibilities to be a busboy all his life. He could do more research projects, or work on a technological break-through, or be some form of educational assisstant kind of person, but he can't just hang around Whit's End.
I agree. :)
Catspaw wrote:It would be nice if Katrina went back to Holstein's Books! She seemed to like working there, and that way we could hear from Fred Holstein again!
That's another great idea. \:D/
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Evil Chick wrote:I agree. Wooton and Eugene would make a wonderful episode!!! I don't know if I like the idea of Eugene and Katrina actually having kids, though. I mean, it's a fun thought, but can you imagine the poor kid? He (or she) would probably graduate from high school when he/she is like 8!
I agree i am not sure how i feel about them having a kid. it would be cool, but it would be SOOOOOOOOOOO weird. but like anything, we would probably get used to it. it would certainly take AIO in a new direction.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It would make for some interesting episodes, especially if the kid wasn't into academic stuff.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Eugene can't undestand why his son lives and breathes sports yet fails in school... :lol:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

:lol:

I don't think we can expect a kid coming from Eugene and Katrina anytime soon--although it's something I'd like to see. We've actually only witness the birth of one child, if I recall correctly. And we only heard from that child (Stewart) two or three times afterwards. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If Eugene and Katrina do have children, I think that it would be years down the road. They just got back - I want to revel in the normality before life is churned up again. ;) While it might be fun for a few eps, having kids would totally change things. Eugene and Katrina wouldn't be the same free, "Of course I can come over right now" kind of people that they are now. It wouldn't necessarily be bad, but it would be different, and I think that parenting issues are largely outside the scope of what AIO wants to deal with.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:and I think that parenting issues are largely outside the scope of what AIO wants to deal with.
If you mean how new parents adjust, then I agree. However, for many years (and sadly this hasn't happened much recently) we saw a lot of interaction between parents and their kids, and related issues that both sides had to deal with.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm not in favor of Eugene and Katrina having children quite yet. I prefer AIO to not speed through things and then get stuck somewhere without being able to move back. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

To reiterate Catspaw's words, it'd be best if AIO waited a few more years before they added Meltsner kids. Ha, that looks so weird. :lol: I wonder what Tom and Bernard would think. :-s
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I agree, I won't be pleased if we aren't given a couple years first.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

don't think we can expect a kid coming from Eugene and Katrina anytime soon--although it's something I'd like to see. We've actually only witness the birth of one child, if I recall correctly. And we only heard from that child (Stewart) two or three times afterwards.
actually if you want to get technical couldn't the birth of "Little Connie Euginia" in a License to Drive count as a birth?
Last edited by JesusFreak777 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

think about this: every kid in odyssey grows up. do the writers want to deal with having a kid grow up and leave the show? or leave oddyssey? i don't know maybe E and K having kids is just too big of a step for AIO writers...
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

poWerbOy wrote:think about this: every kid in odyssey grows up. do the writers want to deal with having a kid grow up and leave the show? or leave oddyssey? i don't know maybe E and K having kids is just too big of a step for AIO writers...
Will the show still be around when said kid gets to high school? If it were to big of an issue to have kids on the show b/c they grow up would we have any kid characters? Or parent characters?

-Jonathan
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Jonathan wrote:There are two things wrong with your arguement. 1.-Donovan confirmed it was Mustafa in the car. His body was found. He's dead.
-Jonathan
But whose side was Donovan on...? ;)