Temperature

At your house.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Me wrote:When a thunderstorm comes in, I just switch to my laptop, which is relatively protected.
It particularly helps when it has a relatively long battery life. :)

It's currently 75 degrees outside. We're expected to get high 70s for the rest of this week. Yay.
I just plug it in. The AC/DC converter is supposed to provide protection. You won't go any farther than frying your power supply, if that, and it's relatively inexpensive to replace if something does happen.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bearliz wrote:
Chandler wrote:What are you doing on the computer during a thunderstorm? :anxious:
I had to leave within the next one minute, so I considered myself pretty safe. :)
:shame:
If you'd been zapped (:shocking:), we wouldn't have the joy of your presence here. :mecry:
Don't give me a heart attack like that again, okay? :hug:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I think it got up to 62 today............maybe a little warmer just before the thunderstorm hit...............then it started storming............warm at first, but got rather cool rather fast..............now I'm just guessing it to be about 60.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Chandler wrote:
Bearliz wrote:
Chandler wrote:What are you doing on the computer during a thunderstorm? :anxious:
I had to leave within the next one minute, so I considered myself pretty safe. :)
:shame:
If you'd been zapped (:shocking:), we wouldn't have the joy of your presence here. :mecry:
Don't give me a heart attack like that again, okay? :hug:
Okay. :hug: I'll be good. :)
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Tis 91 in the sun. Yesterday and saturday is was 88 in the shade.. :-
...I hate marquees.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

well those little digital clocks / thermometers around town claim that it's been 85 to 88 today.............I beg to differ........mowing lawns and such it was a little closer to 185.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, I mowed the lawn this morning. I was covered in sweat by the time a came in.
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I need to mow the lawn tomorrow. It's supposed to reach a high of 81 degrees tomorrow, so I'm planning on mowing really early in the morning (like 9AM).

We had fairly nice weather today... in the mid 80s. Got some pretty scary looking thunderclouds, but the 12mph wind blowed those far away. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The air-conditioner is running here so the temperature is very nice and cool. I just stepped outside the room and was surprised at how warm it felt.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It's 66. It is supposed to get up to 90 today and the rest of the week.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It's only 9AM right now and it's already up to 73 degrees, with a humidex of of 80. :o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Here? It is hot. Very, very hot. Absolutely INCREDIBLY, Horribly hot! *collapses from heatstroke*.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Trent DeWhite wrote:It's only 9AM right now and it's already up to 73 degrees, with a humidex of of 80. :o
It's 10:22 and 71 in the shade. It fells like about 90 in the sun with the humidity.
...I hate marquees.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

*becomes afraid*

I kinda ditched outta work (with legitimate cause) today, but I saw in the paper that it's going to be 92-95 for the next couple days, then like in the lower 80's which is still really hot when you're mowing lawns.

*goes to begin drinking at least 3 Litres of water daily so she doesn't dehydrate out there*

Peace Out

-Gimp

Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

gimp80995 wrote:*becomes afraid*

I kinda ditched outta work (with legitimate cause) today, but I saw in the paper that it's going to be 92-95 for the next couple days, then like in the lower 80's which is still really hot when you're mowing lawns.

*goes to begin drinking at least 3 Litres of water daily so she doesn't dehydrate out there*

Peace Out

-Gimp
Yep that is what it is suposed to be today! Wear lots of sunblock!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Here it is 85 degrees - it's finally beginning to feel like summer. *starts sobbing loudly*
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.