KATRINA SOUNDS DIFFERENT

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
wooton_bassett
OK

KATRINA SOUNDS DIFFERENT

Post by wooton_bassett »

I noticed how different Mrs. Katrina Meltsner (cool to think about) sounds since she returned to Odssey. Does anyone know if she is played by the same actress?
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

no she has been played by a different actress since Eugen'e return.
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

OK...just wondering.
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Yeah. She has a new personality playing her. Why don't you post more of your questions into one topic? It gets a little tedious going to your different boards. It's like, if you had put all your questions in one thread, we could've answered all of them in one post...
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

poWerbOy wrote:no she has been played by a different actress since Eugen'e return.
I heard the old Katrina in the Radio Theatre's production of Anne of Green Gables, so maybe that's why there's a new Katrina. It's a bummer though, I like the old one better! The new Katrina is....weird!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Stylus Parker wrote:Yeah. She has a new personality playing her. Why don't you post more of your questions into one topic? It gets a little tedious going to your different boards. It's like, if you had put all your questions in one thread, we could've answered all of them in one post...
Wow he is posting on different boards!? :shock:
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Did anyone think it was weird how Katrina showed up quite often when the Meltsners first came back to AIO, but now she's suddenly become a 'silent spouse' like Maude Walton? I hope the writers haven't decided to do this permanently (or even long-term) because of how much some people have noticed the difference. I sometimes think she sounds different, but with good writing, her character could still be the same Katrina we've come to know and love (though not as much as Eugene) over the years. In most new episodes that included her (except "Back to Abnormal"), she seemed like the same person even if her voice was different. As I said, I hope her silence isn't permanent. I hope there's a reason for it...like maybe she's under the weather because of a pregnancy! That would be way cool if Eugene and Katrina were about to have a baby! If it's a boy, maybe they could name him Leonard Hiram, and if it's a girl, maybe she could be Loralei (as someone suggested already) or Laura Lee!
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Stylus Parker wrote:Yeah. She has a new personality playing her. Why don't you post more of your questions into one topic? It gets a little tedious going to your different boards. It's like, if you had put all your questions in one thread, we could've answered all of them in one post...
Wow he is posting on different boards!? :shock:
Oh literal TC, you make me smile :P. He's creating new boards for every question he has..
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Stylus Parker wrote:Oh literal TC, you make me smile :P. He's creating new boards for every question he has..
Now I'm confused... how is he creating new boards for every question he has? :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wow... well he must have a lot of bandwidth and free time... creating a board takes a lot of work!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

uhm...I think the term you want is a new thread perhaps?
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

haha, that helped to make my night better!

yeah, there were a few threads started, but since there haven't been TOO many topics I'd say for now he's okay!

But if you have a lot of questions, you could always start a question topic!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

my family and i were listining to AIO on the internet the other day because we don't have the album of eugene returns yet *pouting* and we were disapointed in katrina. her personality is totally changed. she's...well :-k....normal i guess. not intellectual enough for eugene. at least that is our opinion. *shrug*

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Yeah, I don't understand the change in the writing. Why is Katrina no longer an intellectual like Eugene who uses big words, etc.?

Why did they completely change her character?!?! ](*,)

Jeremy
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

The Top Crusader wrote:Wow... well he must have a lot of bandwidth and free time... creating a board takes a lot of work!
How would he even create one?
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jeremy wrote:Yeah, I don't understand the change in the writing. Why is Katrina no longer an intellectual like Eugene who uses big words, etc.?

Why did they completely change her character?!?! ](*,)
Different writers? :shrugs: Whit's changed, Katrina's changed, Connie's changed... and none of them for the better, imho. :mecry:

That's probably one reason I've had such a hard time with Katrina's new voice. She sounds angry all the time. :-k
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I really didn't think there was much of a personality difference in Katrina except in "Back to Abnormal." She was a real grouch in that ep, but otherwise she seems about the same as always to me. (But that's just IMHO. Obviously others have noticed drastic changes.)
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org