Where's Odyssey?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Where's Odyssey?

Post by Kris Doyle »

Odyssey must be somewhere in Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, or northwestern Illinois because (1) the flights from the East going through Chicago must mean Odyssey's west of there, and (2) Bernard and Eugene went through part of Iowa to get between Odyssey and California. I wonder if any of these states (a) goes on daylight savings time (as we know from "Sunday Morning Scramble") and (b) has a law against riding bikes without a helmet (see "Rewards in Full"). I used to live in IL, and it does go on daylight savings, but I didn't know anything about a bike helmet law. Anyone know about Iowa, Wisconsin, or Minnesota (or know for sure if Illinois has a helmet law)?
Actually, I guess it couldn't be in Illinois or Wisconsin, because it looks on the map like those are completely east of the Mississippi river. Odyssey is west of the Mississippi, because K starts the radio stations there.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Well first off, the Odyssey writers do not have a definitive place where they assume Odyssey to be and just haven't told us yet. I would argue that there is really no way to be sure because there are a lot of contradictions.

It has been said that Odyssey is supposed to be east of the Mississippi but yet, they have call letter that start with K (because Odyssey is written and produced west of the Mississippi, this is an honest mistake).

Most people have concluded that Ohio would be a good place but I always thought that was too east. I always imagined Odyssey in So. Illinois...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I heard in the introduction to one of the Family Portraits episodes that Odyssey was in Ohio.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Laurie wrote:I heard in the introduction to one of the Family Portraits episodes that Odyssey was in Ohio.
And that's where all the evidence points to. \:D/

Didn't we already have a thread like this? Plus Jacob Isom on his site ( www.odysseyscoop.com ) has a whole article devoted to where Odyssey is not. (It'll be under articles, I think.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote:I heard in the introduction to one of the Family Portraits episodes that Odyssey was in Ohio.
Yes, that is what they said. However, in every AIO (not FP) ep since then, we haven't been told. The AIO team has decided to pretend that giving it's location never happened.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It is indeed Ohio. They just like to connect to Chicago for all their flights...
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I thought I knew almost all about Odyssey. I guess not #-o! I never realized Family Portraits gave the town a location (Ohio)--I don't think I've even heard many FP episodes (and I was so young when they aired that I can hardly remember anything about them). Does FOTF have those available on CD or just on tape? Does the FP album come for about the same price as the AIO albums? Does anybody know (or care :anxious:)?
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Family Portraits episodes were available on an album at one time. Also some of the FP episodes have been re released on the Gold Audio alibums. These episodes are Whit's Visitor and A Member of the Family I & II. I do not know if they are going to re release all of the FP episodes on a separate album or not. I think they should.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Which Gold Audio albums?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

It cant be in Ohio the devi-err I mean J-man & Top lives there!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Kris wrote:Which Gold Audio albums?
Gold Audio album #1 has A Member of the Family I & II
Gold Audio album #11 has Whit's Visitor.

If you listen to Whit's Visitor you will need a computer with a Windows Media Player or a CD player with WMA capabilities.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Kris wrote:I thought I knew almost all about Odyssey. I guess not #-o! I never realized Family Portraits gave the town a location (Ohio)--I don't think I've even heard many FP episodes (and I was so young when they aired that I can hardly remember anything about them). Does FOTF have those available on CD or just on tape? Does the FP album come for about the same price as the AIO albums? Does anybody know (or care :anxious:)?
You might want to read the notes for the FP episodes; they're quite informative.

Also, the album Family Portraits (on tape) hasn't been available since late 1987, so good luck finding it. It pops up on ebay every once in a while, but is still extremly rare.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jonathan wrote:You might want to read the notes for the FP episodes; they're quite informative.
Thanks, Jonathan. Those notes are quite informative (or did somebody already say that?).